Oakland will be a better club

Mark Vader

I actually thought Sharpe was way better than Theisman. He was fairly insightful, gave good technical descriptions of what was going on and didn't annoy the hell out me. He tried to be funny and wasn't but Theisman has been doing that forever. Every announcer or media member gets down on their knees for superstars like Moss. Part of the job description.

OMG What a blowhard Sterling Sharpe was tonight for Moss.

I sorely missed Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann, & Paul Maguire tonight.

445790[/snapback]

Except for Joe Theisman, I usually don't get worked up about any announcers, BUT.....what the HELL was ESPN thinking. Sharpe sounded like he was given about 10 seconds notice, that he was going to be the analyst on the game. Did they consider giving him a tryout using a previously played game. This guy added nothing to the game. HOLY FRIGGIN' LACK OF INSIGHT BATMAN!!!!

:D  ;)  :P

Thanks Thailog80 for the inspiration.

Oakland 0-2, and a road trip to Philly next week

Do the Raiders scare anyone on this board. We will beat them.

445783[/snapback]

Randy Moss is the best wide reciever in the NFL, so no matter what team he plays for he's going to make them a better offensive club.

:D  ;)  :P

Thanks Thailog80 for the inspiration.

Oakland 0-2, and a road trip to Philly next week

Do the Raiders scare anyone on this board. We will beat them.

445783[/snapback]

Not only do they scare me, I think we won't win unless things really turn around. They open the season with the Patriots, Chiefs, and Eagles. So what that their 0-2, or about to be 0-3. We would be too if we played that schedule.

They stop the run, and can score points. We can't stop the run, and can't score points. The icing of it all being that it’s at a place we hardly ever play well at.

I'm not saying we can't get it done, but we need to improve.

I actually thought Sharpe was way better than Theisman. He was fairly insightful, gave good technical descriptions of what was going on and didn't annoy the hell out me. He tried to be funny and wasn't but Theisman has been doing that forever. Every announcer or media member gets down on their knees for superstars like Moss. Part of the job description.

445809[/snapback]

One thing I think you'll notice about analysts is that they will suck up in a huge way to players that played their particular position, and rightfully so I suppose because they will see things in their game that others may not see. So not surprising that a guy like Sharpe goes apeshit for a guy like Moss. You see it all the time with Theisman and Simms and Aikman over quarterbacks, you see it with Dierdorf and Randy Cross over linemen, etc.

Frankly, I like Sharpe. I think he's pretty insightful and sometimes is funny and is not afraid to voice his opinion. Sure he goes overboard but they all do, and he hasn't done a ton of games. It's a very hard job to be a good football analyst. As evidenced by the fact that for the most part, hardly anyone here really likes hardly any of them. :D

Randy Moss is the best wide reciever in the NFL, so no matter what team he plays for he's going to make them a better offensive club.

448801[/snapback]

I wonder if there has ever been a time when the two best players at a position were the two biggest idiots, too. They may be the two very best players and very biggest idiots at any position in the entire league.

KzooMike Posted Today, 10:54 PM

Not only do they scare me, I think we won't win unless things really turn around. They open the season with the Patriots, Chiefs, and Eagles. So what that their 0-2, or about to be 0-3. We would be too if we played that schedule.

They stop the run, and can score points. We can't stop the run, and can't score points. The icing of it all being that it’s at a place we hardly ever play well at.

I'm not saying we can't get it done, but we need to improve.

Yes the Bills need to improve, but I feel that the Bills have that capability too improve, whereas I don't think the Raiders can.

As far as the Raiders schedule being a very tough start, thats just too bad. If the Raiders want to be one of the elite teams, then they will have to beat the teams like they have already faced. They brought Randy Moss in, thinking it would help solve their problems, and so far it has'nt. Then again had they addressed the defense during the offseason, they might be doing better.

Look at Kansas City. They had needs on defense, and during the offseason they addressed those problems. They started their season against the Jets & Raiders, 2 games that they knew would not be easy, and lo and behold they are 2-0.

Right now the Chiefs concern me a lot more than the Raiders.

I wonder if there has ever been a time when the two best players at a position were the two biggest idiots, too.

Deion Sanders and Sam Madison?

Nahhhh, Darrel Green was better than Madison and Ray Buchanan was a bigger idiot.

j/k Ray, I loved watching you play ball.

Frankly, I like Sharpe. I think he's pretty insightful and sometimes is funny and is not afraid to voice his opinion. Sure he goes overboard but they all do, and he hasn't done a ton of games.

I didn't turn it on 'til the midle of the game and it took me a few minutes to realize MPatrick wasn't trying to work around the Stan and Ollie show. When I did realize it and listened to Sharpe for a few minutes I decided I really liked him and hope they decide to keep him on. His honesty, lack of polish and insistence on actually watching the game were a fresh change of pace from the poorly conceived extemperaneous horseshlt we've become all-too accustomed to.

Yes the Bills need to improve, but I feel that the Bills have that capability too improve, whereas I don't think the Raiders can.

As far as the Raiders schedule being a very tough start, thats just too bad. If the Raiders want to be one of the elite teams, then they will have to beat the teams like they have already faced. They brought Randy Moss in, thinking it would help solve their problems, and so far it has'nt. Then again had they addressed the defense during the offseason, they might be doing better.

Look at Kansas City. They had needs on defense, and during the offseason they addressed those problems. They started their season against the Jets & Raiders, 2 games that they knew would not be easy, and lo and behold they are 2-0.

Right now the Chiefs concern me a lot more than the Raiders.

448859[/snapback]

I'm not giving a Oakland pity party over scheduling. I'm happy they start off with such a difficult slate of games. My point is they have looked better then Buffalo in the first two games when you factor in strength of schedule.

I agree that we can improve, and we should improve. But until then the Raiders game will be very difficult, and yes the Chiefs should be even worse.

Except for Joe Theisman, I usually don't get worked up about any announcers,  BUT.....what the HELL was ESPN thinking. 

448719[/snapback]

I just want to know when Tivo/DTV is going to give us the feature that only allows ambient stadium noise with no announcers. Some sort of filtering tool. That would be nice.

I wonder if there has ever been a time when the two best players at a position were the two biggest idiots, too. They may be the two very best players and very biggest idiots at any position in the entire league.

448847[/snapback]

I think the shame of it all is that if they'd just STFU, they'd be just the kind of player the NFL wants to promote. They stay out of trouble, and give their best on the field. They're just jerks on top of that. What a shame.

I think the shame of it all is that if they'd just STFU, they'd be just the kind of player the NFL wants to promote.  They stay out of trouble, and give their best on the field.  They're just jerks on top of that.  What a shame.

449051[/snapback]

I know I am in the minority here, but I think the major blame goes to the media and the fans for giving a crap what they say off the field, especially TO. If the cameras weren't always all over TO when he is spewing this garbage, which is always, and the fans eating it all up, we could just watch him play and not be bombarded with the idiocy. Look at all the airtime he got from the end of the season until the beginning of this season. And what was the upshot? He played in the first game and he's playing great. He didn't hold out and McNabb throws him the ball all the time and virtually nothing has changed. All it did was get virtually everyone to hate TO even more than they did before and waste everyone's time. To me, it's the "ignore the bully" syndrome. Just don't pay attention to him because you know it's going to be stupid and worthless.

Frankly, I like Sharpe. I think he's pretty insightful and sometimes is funny and is not afraid to voice his opinion. Sure he goes overboard but they all do, and he hasn't done a ton of games. It's a very hard job to be a good football analyst. As evidenced by the fact that for the most part, hardly anyone here really likes hardly any of them.  :(

448845[/snapback]

I agree, and I was surprised how good he was, as I hated him in the studio. He had more insightful stuff to say in one quarter than most color men have to say all game long. He wasn’t as polished as most, but that comes with experience. I’ll take content over form any day.

I know I am in the minority here, but I think the major blame goes to the media and the fans for giving a crap what they say off the field, especially TO. If the cameras weren't always all over TO when he is spewing this garbage, which is always, and the fans eating it all up, we could just watch him play and not be bombarded with the idiocy. Look at all the airtime he got from the end of the season until the beginning of this season. And what was the upshot? He played in the first game and he's playing great. He didn't hold out and McNabb throws him the ball all the time and virtually nothing has changed. All it did was get virtually everyone to hate TO even more than they did before and waste everyone's time. To me, it's the "ignore the bully" syndrome. Just don't pay attention to him because you know it's going to be stupid and worthless.

449133[/snapback]

'Zactly...and perfectly said. As long as people eat it, the media will cook it. Plain and simple. And disappointingly true.