Blacked Out

Blue Chipper

I was reading the ny daily news and came across this:

"According to NFL rules, if the game is not sold out by 7:30tonight, the ABC telecast of Giants-Saints will be subject to blackout in the metropolitan area. As of yesterday afternoon, there still were nearly 25,000 seats left for the game."

So even though it is a home game for the saints you will not se it if you live in NY City area. Giants fans must be pretty upset. This same thing could have happened to the Bills if the Saints game had been scheduled for the Ralph. If we didnt sell out in time that is.

im sure SOMEONE will buy out the tickets to prevent the blackout. its monday night football. (even if its on a little earlier than that). Giants staduim is ALWAYS sold out. tickets are only 80 bucks (VERY cheap for giants tickets).

they will sell out.

"According to NFL rules, if the game is not sold out by 7:30tonight, the ABC telecast of Giants-Saints will be subject to blackout in the metropolitan area. As of yesterday afternoon, there still were nearly 25,000 seats left for the game."

So even though it is a home game for the saints you will not se it if you live in NY City area. Giants fans must be pretty upset. This same thing could have happened to the Bills if the Saints game had been scheduled for the Ralph. If we didnt sell out in time that is.

442519[/snapback]

No way they black that game out. And , don't forget, if it doesn't sell out, they could still show it in NY and black it out in Louisana as NO is the "home" team. Now, can you see them blacking this game out in NO. Can you say worst PR move of all time?

And with a major telethon and fund raising planned around this game, think they might want to broadcast in the largest metro area in the country.

This game, even if they sold only 25,000 tickets, ain't getting blacked out anywhere

subject to blackout

442519[/snapback]

The word "subject" is key here...meaning that it is eligible to be blacked out...do I think that will happen? No. Not a chance.

As others have stated, blacking this game out in the Tri-state region would be one big PR mess.

442519[/snapback]

The NFL really screwed up on this one. :(

There is a simple solution: Giant fans should buy tickets to see their team.  They have a several year waiting list.  They should not have any problem selling out.

442933[/snapback]

Yeah...I don't get this. All I hear about is how hard it is for Giant fans to get tickets to see their team. So here's a great opportunity for them to get in to an extra home game, and no one is going. Dopes.

Yeah...I don't get this.  All I hear about is how hard it is for Giant fans to get tickets to see their team.  So here's a great opportunity for them to get in to an extra home game, and no one is going.  Dopes.

443226[/snapback]

Stuupid tards is what they are. NYC/NJ can't sell out a Monday night game? Pathetic.

they now should lift the blackout for ALL league games not sold out this weekend... after all, it is hurricane relief weekend. If i were a bucs fan, living in tampa, i'd probably watch tv to see those red cross commercials if the bucs were on than if the default cbs game was on

they now should lift the blackout for ALL league games not sold out this weekend...  after all, it is hurricane relief weekend.  If i were a bucs fan, living in tampa, i'd probably watch tv to see those red cross commercials if the bucs were on than if the default cbs game was on

444412[/snapback]

You're right.