Blacked Out

Blue Chipper

You're right.

444426[/snapback]

but they won't do that... I mean, why expose the crappy buffalo, pittsburgh, or new orleans (hypothetical) markets to their commercialized product. This is the only aspect of pro sports that makes me resent being a fan.

but they won't do that...  I mean, why expose the crappy buffalo, pittsburgh, or new orleans (hypothetical) markets to their commercialized product.  This is the only aspect of pro sports that makes me resent being a fan.

444432[/snapback]

I know what you mean. But if they televised all the games all the time, I know attendance would plummet. What they should do would be to re-broadcast complete games on a regular basis. Now THAT would be a money maker for the league. Instead of a dead Wednesday night we'd get to see the local blacked out games. 'Course for me it doesn't matter. I'm completely out of the area. But that's beside the point.

I know what you mean. But if they televised all the games all the time, I know attendance would plummet. What they should do would be to re-broadcast complete games on a regular basis. Now THAT would be a money maker for the league. Instead of a dead Wednesday night we'd get to see the local blacked out games. 'Course for me it doesn't matter. I'm completely out of the area. But that's beside the point.

444436[/snapback]

I just mean for this weekend... I am in agreement that the blackout rule is a very good rule for the league and its fans. However, to make a special exception for the blackout to be lifted for new york city, and not for the rest of the league, on its self proclaimed charity day, is bad PR... Unfortunately, relevant news media has not make this little nugget newsworthy. But yes, the blackout rule is a strong and good rule for everyone. I'm very very glad that i live out of market for all nfl teams. This allows me to watch any game.