jason sehorn = moron

dave mcbride

Jason Sehorn wrote the book on OVERRATED. The NY media kissed his arse when he was with the Giants because he was good looking, WHITE, engaged to a beautiful supermodel, WHITE, and was one of the only cornerbacks in the league who was WHITE.

He is now irrelevant and WHITE.

Jason Sehorn wrote the book on OVERRATED. The NY media kissed his arse when he was with the Giants because he was good looking, WHITE, engaged to a beautiful supermodel, WHITE, and was one of the only cornerbacks in the league who was WHITE.

He is now irrelevant and WHITE.

441781[/snapback]

hey!

Sehorn sucked...only reason he got so much press was because he was a white CB that had a hot model wife

oh and he played in the cockiest city on the planet

441418[/snapback]

How many threads can we discuss this exact same subject?

Brady rules! Brady sucks! He's overrated! He's one of the best ever!

There, I just covered all the angles in 12 words. There's no need for the 3-4 threads a week on the topic.

From my view, Tom Brady throws a higher percentage of perfect passes, right on the money where the receiver is running full speed and easily can catch the ball without breaking stride even for an inch than any quarterback in football. Including Manning and Favre and anyone else. He does it an extraordinary amount of times. And he does it quick. And that would work for Cleveland receivers or any receivers in the league. And with few exceptions, one being on our own team, almost anyone in the NFL could catch those balls, even if they are mostly covered.

Why do the same people who say Brady's "overrated" in the same vain then say they'd take Peyton Manning? or fumblepepper? Talk abouit 2 qb's who couldn't have asked for better situations. Culpepper came into the league with Chris Carter and Randy F'n Moss and robert smith. Talent laden vikings team. Manning has Marvin Harrison, Edge, Reggie Wayne, Stokley, dallas clark, a great oline.

The fact is in the current nfl Brady has done more with less. And would take him over any qb in the league the only people I'd consider taking other then brady are are Mcnabb, Delhomme or Mcnair a few years ago.

Here are 5 QBs I would take over Brady today. Favre is on the downside, so I would not add him to the top 5.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Michael Vick

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Dante Culpepper

Brady has been the victim of some very good teams. Here is the question, when its all said and done, will Brady be in Canton?

Here are 5 QBs I would take over Brady today.  Favre is on the downside, so I would not add him to the top 5.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Michael Vick

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Dante Culpepper

Brady has been the victim of some very good teams.  Here is the question, when its all said and done, will Brady be in Canton?

441815[/snapback]

Only thing with Vick is that he wouldn't fit in to that system.

I think he's pretty much a lock for Canton unless he somehow melts down entirely.

Here are 5 QBs I would take over Brady today.  Favre is on the downside, so I would not add him to the top 5.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Michael Vick

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Dante Culpepper

Brady has been the victim of some very good teams.  Here is the question, when its all said and done, will Brady be in Canton?

441815[/snapback]

Yes Brady will most certinaly be in canton, and once again lol @ manning and culpepper better then brady.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Michael Vick

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Dante Culpepper

441815[/snapback]

Well you are a fool, because Brady has the one skill none of these other QB's have...the ability to see the entire field, and know where his receivers are and who is open. Add the fact that Brady is a fairly accurate thrower and you have a player who "just wins!"

I can't stand the Patriots and nothing would make me happier than to see them fail, but you have to blind not to recognize Brady's talent. Every QB on your list has won ZILCH! No jewelry...no glory!

PTR

Well you are a fool, because Brady has the one skill none of these other QB's have...the ability to see the entire field, and know where his receivers are and who is open.  Add the fact that Brady is a fairly accurate thrower and you have a player who "just wins!" 

I can't stand the Patriots and nothing would make me happier than to see them fail, but you have to blind not to recognize Brady's talent.  Every QB on your list has won ZILCH!  No jewelry...no glory!

PTR

441843[/snapback]

I can't see Vick or Green being in the "elite" category, but the other three are undeniably better than Tom Terrific any day. Again, MO.

Put any one of those three guys on the Pats and they'd have wone more than Three of Four. They'd have won 4 of 4.

Brady's such a little girl.

I would have said, "Sehorn disrespecting someone is sort of like a mentally retarded kid making fun of you. It doesn't really matter because no one cares!"

Who the hell is Jason Sehorn? As much as I agree with him, I think its kind of like a 3rd string QB guaranteeing a victory.

QB's i'd take on my team over brady for their pure skill...

1. Peyton manning

2. Donovan McNabb

3. Daunte Culpepper

4. Carson Palmer (he's gonna be REAL good soon)

5. Brett Favre

Also, comparing him to some of the greats, i'd gladly have Elway, Montana, Young, Marino, Kelly, Unitas, Bradshaw, etc loooong before i'd even consider brady...Those QB's had the "IT" to lead a team...the only "it" brady has is a man purse...

You people are such haters. Brady is one of the best QB's to EVER play the game.  He has NEVER lost in the playoffs, he is extremely accurate, can throw the deep ball, and most importantly he raeds defenses and just makes plays.  You only make yourself look stupid by trying to bad mouth the QB that has helped his team win 3 of the last 4 SB's.  Seriously!

441373[/snapback]

Gonna agree with you 100% there, except for the part about "you people". Fortunately winners ignore critics who say bad things about them and let their game do the talking for them. When its all said and done how many super bowl rings does Brady have as a STARTING QUARTERBACK? And how many more can he get?

The only QB anyone could possibly take over Brady is Peyton. Daunte Culpepper? Bwahahahahahah. Has anyone seen this guy play in a big game? Fumble, urgh, choke, urgh, terrible INT. Brady is much better. Why do people continue to be threatened by Brady's great looks and ass-getting? Whatever. So the man effs a lot. No need to be jealous and downgrade his skills as a QB.

Ok, let me interjetct a vote for brady as the #1 QB right now, and in the top five in the super bowl era. Montana is #1. Till a QB wins 5 super bowls, montana will be #1, and no amount of arguing will detract from that.

Brady has won with scrubs and stars. He's won by virtue of a gift call. He's won by playing hard. He's won by playing hurt. He's simply won super bowls. You can't discredit that. It is possible to have a great QB who hasn't won the super bowl (kelly, marino), but it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a bad QB to win multiple super bowls (i left out the single SB winners like doug williams and dilfer).

I would not take manning. He audibles... great... he studies thje digital pictures after he gets off the field on 4th down. great. he can't win in january, and untill he does, he'll be a choker... Not saying he's not a great QB, but brady is better.

McNabb falls into a "Mr. October" category for me. yeah, he gets his numbers. yeah, he's tough as nails, yeah he's a great qb, but again... he choked at 3 straight home nfc championship games, and needed a nap to finish the super bowl.

Culpepper? Green?? are you kidding me? i would take these guys on a fantasy team, but i wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole if i were building a REAL team.

Favre is one of the best QBs all time... unfortunately, he's washed up, so i wouldn't take him with an 11 foot pole.

Now, if you line up every great QB and have them in their prime for one single game, now that's a good case for an argument. But for the love of god, do not put a 3 time champion against mark bulger or trent green in a "who's better" contest...

By the way, i'd take Otto Graham.

Ok, let me interjetct a vote for brady as the #1 QB right now, and in the top five in the super bowl era. Montana is #1.  Till a QB wins 5 super bowls, montana will be #1, and no amount of arguing will detract from that. 

Brady has won with scrubs and stars.  He's won by virtue of a gift call.  He's won by playing hard.  He's won by playing hurt.  He's simply won super bowls.  You can't discredit that.  It is possible to have a great QB who hasn't won the super bowl (kelly, marino), but it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a bad QB to win multiple super bowls (i left out the single SB winners like doug williams and dilfer). 

I would not take manning.  He audibles...  great...  he studies thje digital pictures after he gets off the field on 4th down.  great.  he can't win in january, and untill he does, he'll be a choker...  Not saying he's not a great QB, but brady is better.

McNabb falls into a "Mr. October" category for me.  yeah,  he gets his numbers.  yeah, he's tough as nails, yeah he's a great qb, but again...  he choked at 3 straight home nfc championship games, and needed a nap to finish the super bowl. 

Culpepper?  Green??  are you kidding me?  i would take these guys on a fantasy team, but i wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole if i were building a REAL team. 

Favre is one of the best QBs all time...  unfortunately,  he's washed up, so i wouldn't take him with an 11 foot pole. 

Now, if you line up every great QB and have them in their prime for one single game, now that's a good case for an argument.  But for the love of god, do not put a 3 time champion against mark bulger or trent green in a "who's better" contest... 

By the way, i'd take Otto Graham.

442026[/snapback]

Well said.

I'd take Elway

Football is the ultimate team game and Super stars do need other good players

around him to win championships....Even if you have the best line in football

I think you still need to be accurate to throw and get the ball into the WR...It is not as if the WR is running along...there are DBs defending them....

I don't like Brady in that he plays for the patriots and he keeps beating us....But he is a very good system QB....He does not have the same talent as a Elway or Marino, but has the same intelligence as a Montana....He is the best prepared

QB in the NFL today.

441666[/snapback]

BINGO, baba ganesh. Brady dissing is stupid (Brady hating is fine, however). The guy executes his offense as well as any. He is NOT Marino or Elway or Peyton or Steve Young.

He IS Bart Starr, Bob Griese and, maybe someday, Joe Montana. He might even be Troy Aikman. Brady wins, does exactly what he's called upon to do and is pretty damn accurate with the passes he throws.

It's tough to decide who's the best QB...but, one way to compare QBs is to ask yourself, "If the QBs changed places, would the respective teams be better or worse?" I think it's perfectly clear that if Peyton and Brady traded places, NE would be, perhaps, better but Indy would not be.

(Of course, this doesn't always work. If Vick and Brady traded places both teams would be worse, IMO.)

But, using that criterion, I think you'll find that Brady would make MOST of the teams in the NFL better.

What's funny to me is that EVERY announcer absolutely LOVES Brady...but, insists that he is underappreciated/underrated/etc. Maybe he was 3 years ago. Now it's hard to find anyone he doesn't think he's GOD. Except for the posters on this board...and Stupid Seehorn.

You people are such haters. Brady is one of the best QB's to EVER play the game.  He has NEVER lost in the playoffs, he is extremely accurate, can throw the deep ball, and most importantly he raeds defenses and just makes plays.  You only make yourself look stupid by trying to bad mouth the QB that has helped his team win 3 of the last 4 SB's.  Seriously!

441373[/snapback]

You are so right. I dislike the Pats and Brady as much as any Bills fan but its so stupid making excuses for how good he is or isnt. Look, the guy has won 3 super bowls!! In 2 of those Super Bowls, he was named MVP and in those games he led his team to game winning drive both times!! Is he Joe Montana or John Eleway, no he's not, not yet anyway. He needs to play for 10 years and win well over 100 games to be considered one of the greatest of all time, but as of right now, he is one of the best in the league.

Honestly, can anyone of you people on this board argue for not having the guy as your QB? You can make your list of the top 5 and 99 times out of 100 hes going to be on there! Is he the best, whos to say, theres no way to say without question, but he is no doubt among the top in the league.

You are so right.  I dislike the Pats and Brady as much as any Bills fan but its so stupid making excuses for how good he is or isnt.  Look, the guy has won 3 super bowls!!  In 2 of those Super Bowls, he was named MVP and in those games he led his team to game winning drive both times!!  Is he Joe Montana or John Eleway, no he's not, not yet anyway.  He needs to play for 10 years and win well over 100 games to be considered one of the greatest of all time, but as of right now, he is one of the best in the league.

Honestly, can anyone of you people on this board argue for not having the guy as your QB?  You can make your list of the top 5 and 99 times out of 100 hes going to be on there!  Is he the best, whos to say, theres no way to say without question, but he is no doubt among the top in the league.

442123[/snapback]

Over the last 5 yrs is he the best QB in the league? Not even close. The only statistic he has over any other QB is 3 SB rings. Granted it that is the goal, but one player does not make a team. Remember this, should Brady never make it back to the AFC championship game, Jim Kelly would have made more appearances in the big game, though he has not won one. When you talk about great QBs, it is more than just winning the big games. It is the numbers getting there. In the last 5 yrs I would take Favre over Brady. Brady is an above average QB, but not worthy yet of Canton.

441373[/snapback]

Tom Brady is one of the mosts successful Qbs to ever play the game but is definitely not one of the most gifted. He makes good decisions and never kills his team (except the MIA game last year). However, you put most starting NFL QBs behind an offensive line like that and they would do the same things Brady does. And he is still worthy of all Bills fans' hate.

Jason Sehorn was the most overrated player in the NFL when he played for the NY Giants. See his performance in the Super Bowl against the Ravens as the main piece of evidence. Who cares what a washed up ex-CB thinks? Brady has the rings to back up the praise he gets...I still hate the guy, but it's the truth.

Jason Sehorn was the most overrated player in the NFL when he played for the NY Giants. See his performance in the Super Bowl against the Ravens as the main piece of evidence. Who cares what a washed up ex-CB thinks? Brady has the rings to back up the praise he gets...I still hate the guy, but it's the truth.

442295[/snapback]

I believe that my favorite sports quote of all time should come into play here.

Jeremy roenick was dissing the avalanche and patrick roy. Dissing them big time. When roy was asked to comment on what JR had said, roy replied "What, did JR say something? I couldn't hear him because i had my stanley cup rings stuck in my ears."

It's hard to admit it here, since we all think Jim Kelly walks on water, but the bottom line of any pro sports, no matter if it be basketball, hockey, baseball, or football is that its all about the ring, and in the end, you're judged against the ring. I can think of one case where the "best ever" line can be thrown around without a ring: Ted Williams.

Tom Brady is one of the mosts successful Qbs to ever play the game but is definitely not one of the most gifted.  He makes good decisions and never kills his team (except the MIA game last year).  However, you put most starting NFL QBs behind an offensive line like that and they would do the same things Brady does. And he is still worthy of all Bills fans' hate.

442163[/snapback]

DING!! someone who gets it!

What Brady does is limit mistakes. That's his strength.

DING!! someone who gets it!

What Brady does is limit mistakes. That's his strength.

442390[/snapback]

He has several strengths, limiting mistakes is important but only one of them.

Having excellent pocket awareness and finding the open man with accuracy is also a strength and doesn't fall under the category of "limiting mistakes". Using a terrific audible near the goal line against Pittsburgh in the AFCCG which resulted in a TD isn't "limiting mistakes", either - nor is hitting Branch on the deep post twice in the game.

An excellent measure of what Brady is capable of is asking how often the Patriots win when the defense has a less than stellar performance. SB 38 is always brought up as a prime example and rightfully so.

The defense played great in SB 36, but they tired near the end, and what was required to win was a drive into field goal range with 1:21 and no timeouts in the highest pressure situation imaginable in the NFL.

Acting like such things are pedestrian, or unimportant if Brady does them, or saying you can plug in several other QB's who could have done the same thing in the same situations just doesn't cut it. Maybe that's the case, but we'll never know.

The defense played great in SB 36, but they tired near the end, and what was required to win was a drive into field goal range with 1:21 and no timeouts in the highest pressure situation imaginable in the NFL.

442605[/snapback]

gimmie a break...his "drive" went for about 30 yards...not exactly a high pressure situation to complete a pass or 2 and hand off everything to your kicker...

you want a drive?

I wanna see brady take a team 82 yards in 3 mins when down by MORE THAN A FG a la montana! I wanna see brady drive from his own 10 yd line with 2:10 left a la Kelly. Hell, i wanna see brady drive from his own 2 yd line a la elway...

none of this "one first down and we're in FG range" crap...

gimmie a break...his "drive" went for about 30 yards...not exactly a high pressure situation to complete a pass or 2 and hand off everything to your kicker...

you want a drive?

I wanna see brady take a team 82 yards in 3 mins when down by MORE THAN A FG a la montana! I wanna see brady drive from his own 10 yd line with 2:10 left a la Kelly. Hell, i wanna see brady drive from his own 2 yd line a la elway...

none of this "one first down and we're in FG range" crap...

442682[/snapback]

Don't be stupid. I can taste your sour grapes from here. It was the game-winning drive in the Super Bowl, for crissakes. And he did it twice. It wasn't a home game in September, either.

You act like anybody could have done it. Trying to minimize it just makes you look bad.

Never?  What about the "Most Embarrassing Loss in the Last Five Years"?

442700[/snapback]

Almost never. Nobody's perfect, but opposing fans like to move the goalposts to minimize the guy's accomplishments.

Now the two-SB winning drives ONLY needed field goals, so what's the big deal?, etc.

Like I said a while back, everyone forgets the mistakes of legendary players when comparing them to current ones. Montana never threw an interception in the SB, but he threw plenty in big games, including three in "The Catch" game. But nobody remembers those, they just remember the throw to Dwight Clark. Instead they like to dwell on the interceptions Brady threw in the extremely few games the Patriots lost in the last two years.

It's selective arguing and remembering in order to minimize the player. Like saying Brady lives off his great defense, when Montana (for example) never won a SB without an excellent defense.

The usual.