TiVo ALERT!! - 6 Days Until Sunday

Justice

Anyone catch this? It just got over. Great show - another very cool program from the NFL Network.

It followed around the Bills LBs, mainly Takeo and London. It was awesome. Also had the guys miced during the game.

If you missed it it is on again at 11:30 eastern and 8:30 pacific.

442173[/snapback]

I just finished watching it - AWESOME! The guys seem really pumped up. Some really good lines too. For example, some of the Bills go bowling every week, and the loser has to pay the entire tab. One of the players, I think it was Hagan, said, "He pays me so much, he should claim me as a dependant on his taxes!" Awesome. :blush:

Also, Spikes called Jason Peters "JP."

I might try to include this on the Bills/Texans DVD I'm working on, but I don't know how much I'd have to compress the game to make it fit. We'll see.

It's on several more times tonight, so if you missed it, there's still a chance to see it!

CW

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TKO is a man possessed, on and off the field.  He's never been to the playoffs and I think last year was extra tough for him to take.  I can see him keeping this defense grounded and focused the whole year.

442156[/snapback]

He and me both. The defense is to blame for that debacle against Pitt. They folded like chairs.

line of the night:

"T H L G -- Think He Looks Good. $10."

anyone who doesn't know what i'm talking about needs to watch this show. my wife even loved it.

stuff like this is why i love NFL football, and why the bills would be an easy team to root for even if you didn't grow up there.

london and takeo are friggin' monsters. i don't even know why you guys are debating which one of them is more important to the team.

Great show. On another note did anyone catch the ESPN SPortscenter piece at 6pm last night on the Bills coaching staff? maybe this is old news since it was probably broadcast on Sunday. Anyway, they spent a good 5 - 6 minutes or so and highlighted Gray, Mularky, Wyche and others on the ridiculous hours that coaches work. They also had several Bills players interviews.

Between that and the NFL Network thing last night the Bills were getting some crazy national publicity. For just a night you'd think they were the Pats or the Eagles?!?

i didnt realize they practiced in the helmets they would play in. :blush:

freakin awsome look at how the LBs prepare.

i like how spikes and the others stay after to do a little more. and look at film on their own.

we got some SKINNY backup LBs. seriously. he looks like a SS.

I might try to include this on the Bills/Texans DVD I'm working on, but I don't know how much I'd have to compress the game to make it fit.  We'll see.

442188[/snapback]

I think that would make that DVD an absolute must-have. Please let us know if you're able to do it.

You think so, or do think they just look skinny standing next to our starters?

442462[/snapback]

well, i had a brain fart, but the show showed 2 backup LBs. the white guy was big. the black guy looked skinny as hell. he looked like a safety.

but yeah, you could DEFINATLY tell who was starting and who was the backup. :)

and why didnt they show more of Posey's wife?? i just wanted a quick look at the ass. :blush:

i like how spikes and the others stay after to do a little more. and look at film on their own.

442455[/snapback]

You don't mean when Jabari Greer made the grab in that scene, do you? :blush: Haggan did look thinner. I wish Crowell had been there. I would have liked to have seen the interactions. It was clear from what I saw that Stamer is the most imbedded backup.

Also, even if you really had problems with Posey's performance (I don't AT ALL), how could you want to disrupt the chemistry?

that was a GREAT quote. im VERY happy to hear that.

442457[/snapback]

Me too. I thought that was awesome. Talk about keeping them focused. That's exactly what I'd want to hear from my coach if I was Spikes, pushing for the playoffs.

I don't know if anyone noticsed this. I was watching the segment last night. It was great. Takeo, as everyone knows, is freakiously monstorous.

Did anyone see when he was walking to his car that his shadow looked exactly like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? :blush:

i didnt realize they practiced in the helmets they would play in.  :blush:

freakin awsome look at how the LBs prepare.

442455[/snapback]

Couple of things. When they showed TKO staying after to work on his bull rush, I had a woody seeing ole #71 taking the reps agaisn't him. Think how much that has to help JP practising one on one with the MOST dominant LB in the game.

Second, at first I wanted to tell these guys to shut up about being one of the best defences.Show it me agaisn't some quality teams this year.

But now, I'm starting think if they put it out there enough, they gotta live up to it, if only for egos sake. Great motivation week to week I think

If you can watch that and not come away with an appreciation of how much London Fletcher means to this team, you don't know anything about football.

442169[/snapback]

Well said, Darin. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet the scene with Fletcher on the sideline after the first defensive series of the Texans game. He was so amped up that he THREW UP! Afterwards he said something about feeling better, to which Spikes said, "OK, now let's go get us something to EAT!" And he wasn't talking about a PowerBar -- he was talking about devouring the Texans offense.

:(

Seriously, that show was one of the best football-related pieces of TV I've ever seen.

He was so amped up that he THREW UP!  Afterwards he said something about feeling better, to which Spikes said, "OK, now let's go get us something to EAT!"  :(

Seriously, that show was one of the best football-related pieces of TV I've ever seen.

442796[/snapback]

My wife saw that and was asking was grossed out, but she loved the whole show, even my 10 year old daughter watched in amazement! Great show, need to see that again on DVD.

Well said, Darin.  I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet the scene with Fletcher on the sideline after the first defensive series of the Texans game.  He was so amped up that he THREW UP!  Afterwards he said something about feeling better, to which Spikes said, "OK, now let's go get us something to EAT!"  And he wasn't talking about a PowerBar -- he was talking about devouring the Texans offense.

:(

442796[/snapback]

The thing that surprised me is that he said he throws up at the beginning of EVERY game! I was not aware of that. With all the sideline reporters and WGR (and prior to that WNSA & Empire) and all the other local sports reporters, how come I have to watch NFL network to hear about that? Or is it so well known, that all the local reporters think that is no longer news?

Dave.