Is it just me

dib

And in their defense...given the qualty of the last 4 starting QBs, looking for a messiah is perfectly understandable.  :huh:

415135[/snapback]

4?????

Collins, Flutie, RJ, Bledsoe and Van Pelt got some starts in there as well. So which one was the messiah.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the delayed broadcast yesterday and Losman seems like a spider on a gridle. Run Forrest run. Oh look a reciever.

On the other hand Holcomb drops, plants, and fires.

OK, I'll duck now.

415093[/snapback]

Not to make point that JP will be the next "Farvar-a" but he does play a lot like him. Even during the SB years, Farve rarely calmly dropped back and fired a la Holcomb, Kelly, Marino, etc. He was a big bouncer and is still a big bouncer at the end of his HoF career. Many thought the "sandlot player" would never turn into a "real QB."

I'm sure the Defense would rather know where the QB is then have to track down and contain the "spider on the grill" who can also gun the ball anywhere on the field.

All I care about is a QB that makes the plays not what he's supposed to "look like."

Sam Wyche on NFL Access right now, says what I was thinking after the Packer game................reminds me of Brett Favre, JP. Why not? The attitude and personality, the arm, the mobility, leadership. Man I better switch to de-caf

In your opinion perhaps ignorant.  In my opinion a valid perspective.  You appear to be saying that in seven years JP=Holcomb. 

Is that an accurate assessment of your intelligent post?

415129[/snapback]

We agree to disagree. You are way off base on what I appear to be thinking.

I'm going to take the high road, and not respond to your second comment.

Who, ironically, seem more supportive of the Bills than some Bills fans here.  :huh:

415182[/snapback]

Not sure who you're talking about, but I support the Bills, always have. I just think certain members of our current team are less then adequate for our current needs. :D

Not sure who you're talking about, but I support the Bills, always have.  I just think certain members of our current team are less then adequate for our current needs.  :huh:

415183[/snapback]

why is it, VA, that you can never respond intelligently or in a factual manner with respect to your criticism of losman, aside from those things we all notice in a 1st-year starter?

No worries. When Holcomb becomes the starter at the beginning of October you can now offically be the frst guy to say, I told you so. Save this thread to your favorites.

415156[/snapback]

Are you assuming a Losman injury? Because, barring injury, I'd lay cash on the table saying you're prediction won't come to pass...and I don't even have that much confidence that Losman won't struggle mightily this year. I just don't think the club will pull him when he does.

why is it, VA, that you can never respond intelligently or in a factual manner with respect to your criticism of losman, aside from those things we all notice in a 1st-year starter?

415205[/snapback]

I am not criticizing Losman. I am just wondering why others can't criticize him without being bashed?

Seems to me you're responding as a lemming and homer who is less then intelligent as you hate to see anyone make any negative remarks about your 1st year starter.

as I read the original post, I thought it was a positive reflection of JP. He didn't get sacked (except for the one called back on defensive holding which greatly impacts sacks -- BTW we would have challenged whether or not it was a safety, JP's leading foot was still in play, no way they call that a safety on replay), Holcomb stood in the pocket and waited for the rush -- not like Bledsoe, but he did get hit and sacked.

JP made plays with his feet. Seeing the replays on TV (after being at the game), he would have been a fool if he didn't take the openings he was given. A scrambling QB who is being yelled at to look to throw more (like some of you want him to) would have tried to throw to the back of the endzone on his TD run. The TE came open, throw it. But he took the more sure thing. Smart play.

I am not criticizing Losman.  I am just wondering why others can't criticize him without being bashed?

415209[/snapback]

Because Losman represents hope for most fans and people don't want to believe there is no hope for this team.

Because Losman represents hope for most fans and people don't want to believe there is no hope for this team.

415214[/snapback]

RJ, Flutie, Bledoe and Collins also were thrown out as hopes for the Bills rebirth and leader to get us to 4 more SB's.

what i don't understand (among many things) is why people continue to post about losman as if he is already supposed to be a polished, finished QB?  he's a friggin' first year starter and is constantly learning.

anyone who expects JP to "light up" the league this season is fooling himself.  are there veterans who could be good fits for the bills' offense (including holcomb)?  of course.  but the constant "JP looks uncomfortable," "JP takes off to run too quickly," "JP is staring at his receiver" commentary from the worry warts is getting a bit old.  i'm GLAD losman has the awareness to get himself out of trouble right now.  he will learn to stick around in the pocket more as he plays more.  he has terrific coaches watching film and teaching him how to do things differently the next time.

you know what JP HAS done?  he has led three TD drives and two FG drives in his last seven drives of work.  he has shown in-game ability to learn from mistakes.  he looks like he's taking control of things on the field.  in just two lousy preseason games, he looks a zillion times more polished than kyle boller.

ask yourselves this question -- do we as bills' fans want production, or are we only interested in perfection in technique, savvy, and what we think a starting QB is "supposed" to look like?

i certainly encourage, and enjoy reading, posts that offer analysis and critique of players and coaches.  i'm not an "everything has to be positive" guy, even though i am more optimistic than a lot of you.  i just view a lot of the losman posts as wheel-spinning.

flame away.

415148[/snapback]

Solid post, eball. I don't give a rat's a$$ if he does the polka back there, as long as he keeps up the productive drives we've seen so far. Jesus, at one point in the GB game the Bills were 5 for 5 on third down conversions. Pretty freaking impressive if you ask me. He's gonna throw picks, he's gonna get sacked, and he's gonna look foolish sometimes. But he improves with every damn snap.

I am not criticizing Losman.  I am just wondering why others can't criticize him without being bashed?

Seems to me you're responding as a lemming and homer who is less then intelligent as you hate to see anyone make any negative remarks about your 1st year starter.

415209[/snapback]

then you didn't read my post earlier in the thread.

truthfully, i can't remember the last bit of non-biased, non-agenda-laced commentary you offered with respect to the bills.

but you do a great job of calling people fags and conjuring up ways to use pickle juice. good job. :huh:

I wonder why all of Losman's (rightful) critics and (unwarranted) bashers all seem to think that when someone commends his play, that person assumes he's going to the pro bowl this year and the hall of fame after 12 Super Bowl wins. I really haven't seen anyone here that has said he has played fabulous, and the strongest language is always tempered that he is playing "relatively" great (for only having two games as a starter) or way better than that person expected (which was for him to be making many massive mistakes, INTs, misjudgments, etc.).

Who here thinks he is as good as Brett Favre? Who here thinks he has played lights out this pre-season?

In all honesty, name one poster here who thinks anything greater than "he looks like he has a ton of talent and is likely to make a lot of mistakes but going to surprise a lot of people this season"?

then you didn't read my post earlier in the thread.

truthfully, i can't remember the last bit of non-biased, non-agenda-laced commentary you offered with respect to the bills.

:huh:

415221[/snapback]

And everything you post has an agenda as well.

"Either you love JP or you are not a Bills fan."

:D

Of course, looking at the team we have issues and we do certain things well. I have issues with our oline and QB. I think they are under performing and I honestly do not see the "huge" upgrades that the coaches promised. In fact after working with both for over a year now, I am disappointed in the product on the field.

I am very happy with the job on defense, but that has been solid for a few years now, I also am surprized and very happy with Aprils job on ST's.

I have concerns still about Mcgee as our #2 CB, still seems like he is overmatched there, but Grey seems to provide some support to him.

I think the Dline is doing well and should be okay even without Williams.

But go ahead and keep focusing on only my negative comments. Of course thats how you get better. Be happy you got good comments ignore and don't work on the bad things, they will correct themselves. :P

I wonder why all of Losman's (rightful) critics and (unwarranted) bashers all seem to think that when someone commends his play, that person assumes he's going to the pro bowl this year and the hall of fame after 12 Super Bowl wins. I really haven't seen anyone here that has said he has played fabulous, and the strongest language is always tempered that he is playing "relatively" great (for only having two games as a starter) or way better than that person expected (which was for him to be making many massive mistakes, INTs, misjudgments, etc.).

Who here thinks he is as good as Brett Favre? Who here thinks he has played lights out this pre-season?

In all honesty, name one poster here who thinks anything greater than "he looks like he has a ton of talent and is likely to make a lot of mistakes but going to surprise a lot of people this season"?

415224[/snapback]

So true.

Some posters seem to feel it is their duty to assume any positive posts are "homer" posts. They feel that always pointing out the negative, as obvious as it may already be, is "keeping it real".

So true.

Some posters seem to feel it is their duty to assume any positive posts are "homer" posts. They feel that always pointing out the negative, as obvious as it may already be, is "keeping it real".

415228[/snapback]

It isn't really that simple.

If you post something to the effect to "Bledsoe doesn't suck," people will go off at times, right? :huh:

Either way, this is still the best site on the web, and Bills fans are the best fans of any team in any sport!!!!!!!