Anyone worried about going to the game

My understanding about the way the terrorist works is that they base a major attack (9-11) on going when the operation is ready. They generally don't plan for specific dates, etc. This is usually true for major operations, not as true for small ones. So, the idea that they would be trying to pull of some major attack on Sept. 11th again is remote, that they would attack the Ralph is in my opinion even more remote since there are other areas of the country that would afford more publicity. An attack on the Ralph would generate a certain amount of immediate publicity, an attack on Giants Stadium or San Fran (don't know what they're calling it this year) would provide even more.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'll be there and won't really be thinking about it except for remembering the people who lost their lives, and those that are overseas fighting so it won't happen again.

I do always make sure I know the best way to get out of the stadium in the event of an emergency. I even have a back up plan in the event exiting is not the best idea. Maybe the emergency in the stadium is intended to get everyone going out for the real attack?

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do always make sure I know the best way to get out of the stadium in the event of an emergency.  I even have a back up plan in the event exiting is not the best idea.  Maybe the emergency in the stadium is intended to get everyone going out for the real attack?

413127[/snapback]

i don't even want to ask... 0:)

I know I may sound stupid, and you can make fun of me, but I am a little nervous about the home opener.  With it being the anniversary of the attacks, Im a little nervous about it.  Considering how close we are to the border, the amount of people attending, and its a highly publicized event--Im nervous.  Just wanted a little feedback about how others feel.  Im going to the game regardless, if its my time, its my time.

412929[/snapback]

Buffalo's value (and Detroit's, and Seattle's) to trans-national terrorism is as a transit point, not a target. A large-scale attack in any of those cities would be so detrimental to their ability to operate in the US as to make any action counter-productive from their point of view. If you're concerned about terrorism, Buffalo-Niagara Falls is probably one of the safest areas to be in.

I know I may sound stupid, and you can make fun of me, but I am a little nervous about the home opener.  With it being the anniversary of the attacks, Im a little nervous about it.  Considering how close we are to the border, the amount of people attending, and its a highly publicized event--Im nervous.  Just wanted a little feedback about how others feel.  Im going to the game regardless, if its my time, its my time.

412929[/snapback]

Valid concern, but I dont think it will be anything to worry about. The thing about terrorists is that they only strike when its not expected or we cant do anything about it. For large crowds such as sporting events, security is tight, the skies are watched yada yada. Look at the types of attacks that have happened, 9/11, Spain, London, the attack on the Navy ship that was in dock at the time last week. All these attacks came when we didnt expect them too. They are smart enough to know when to plan their attacks at least.

Anyone tries to disrupt the Bills Home Opener they will get seriously messed up. 75,000 fans would seriously injure if not flat out kill any scumbag terrorists before they even had a chance to do something stupid.

We were at DisneyWorld on the one year anniv of 9/11 - went to Magic Kingdom that day and it was a great day - the least crowded I've ever seen it. No lines and hardy any people.

The Stadium would be safer than the inner city. Sad, but true.

What are terrorists?

Those are people who use terror as a means to an end. For more information on the subject I suggest you watch the movie Brazil and read the book 1984. Then take a look at our nightly news.

412929[/snapback]

If you live your life in fear, the terrorists win! Besides the terrorists we are dealing with are cowards and prefer sneak attacks. The US will be on hightened security on the 11th, especially at events around the nation.

I was at the game yesterday with my family and it was kind of spooky to have Steve Taskder give a public service announcement about "emergency evacuation procedures" right before kickoff. There was even a blurb in the small "Game Day Program" that was handed out entitled "Evacuation Procedures". I can't remember the Bills' making an official notice about this.

having sex or watching a bills game.

The only two ways I would want to die.

413788[/snapback]

Yeah, we argue and don't like each other, but you're right Steve. I agree with you. This is not something I'd spend much time on. I don't think anyone is planning on killing everyone at the Ralph anytime soon. (unless it's a bonehead penalty thing)

412929[/snapback]

Hey remember one thing Muslim extremist are pure cowards. They will get you when you really cant defend yourself, shopping mall, grocery store, and yes the Ralph is certainly big enough to be a target. What the extremist will shy away from is a group of people that wont stand up for themseleves. Show no fear and they will not come near. If they have any inkling that someone from buffalo will put a beat down on them, then they will run away. They want to attack groups that cannot in any way fight back. Be proud to be an American, and act like one, free!

412929[/snapback]

Not quite the same, but I remember my mother having great fear of my brother and I going to the the Raiders chaimpionship game. The war had started Thursday night, and the Bills-Raiders game was the first really national event that was taking place. I never had any fear however, and will second what Stojan said earlier. I was thinking if nothing happens and the Bills win and go to their first SB, I'll be pissed I wasn't there.

On the other hand, if something happens along the lines of Black Sunday and its my time, what better place to go then Rich(much younger with no kids and wife then).

All I remeber is the Bills imploring everybody to the gates early, as security was going to be tough, and it was. But dam, that flyover and the national anthem had both of us in tears. I am sure there will be something planned for this game as well, at the very least a moment of silence. Hopefully, some of the sign guys will have "we will never forget, and never suurrender" type signs at the game