NYC's WFAN Mike and Mad dog

1billsfan

...as being a team in playoff contention this season. Yesterday these two chuckleheads were at Jet camp in Hofstra and every time they discussed the rest of the division with a player or coach they would say that the Bills would take a major step back because of Losman. They even had the nerve to suggest that the Jets should be fighting for one of the two top seeds come playoff time. A couple of times they listed who they felt would be the AFC teams in contention for playoff spots and did not list the Buffalo Bills once.

BTW, this made me quite happy. Put the pressure screws to your hometown team fellas and watch them blow a few more games in the last two minutes as they do every season. I also hope this is the feeling throughout the league, because after seeing what Brady, Palmer and Rothlesberger did early in their careers I don't see any reason why this kid JP can't have the same kind of success.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...as being a team in playoff contention this season. Yesterday these two chuckleheads were at Jet camp in Hofstra and every time they discussed the rest of the division with a player or coach they would say that the Bills would take a major step back because of Losman. They even had the nerve to suggest that the Jets should be fighting for one of the two top seeds come playoff time. A couple of times they listed who they felt would be the AFC teams in contention for playoff spots and did not list the Buffalo Bills once.

BTW, this made me quite happy. Put the pressure screws to your hometown team fellas and watch them blow a few more games in the last two minutes as they do every season. I also hope this is the feeling throughout the league, because after seeing what Brady, Palmer and Rothlesberger did early in their careers I don't see any reason why this kid JP can't have the same kind of success.

409881[/snapback]

Who do they think they have for a QB? Joe Montana? Chad Pennington has yet to live up to his hype. And Hermann Edwards has not distinguished himself in game situations. True, the Jets have signed some "big" names in Ty Law and Laverneus (sic?) Coles, but if names were all it took to win, the Redskins would have won the Super Bowl.

It will be more entertaining listening to Mike & Chris try to explain how the "lowly" Bills stomped the Jets and made the playoffs.

PTR

I know I'm a homer, but I have been seriously thinking for a while now that the Jests are going to be the biggest let-down in the AFC this year. I predict 6-10 for them.

409889[/snapback]

A 6-10 season would be very interesting in NY....there's not the best relationship between coaches, front office and ownership already....6-10 might lead to a workplace violence scenario unfolding..and lots of fingerpointing..

...as being a team in playoff contention this season. Yesterday these two chuckleheads were at Jet camp in Hofstra and every time they discussed the rest of the division with a player or coach they would say that the Bills would take a major step back because of Losman.

409881[/snapback]

Ever think that starting a rookie QB might actually be a step back? Im not claiming that the Jets will be the best team come playoff time, or that the Fins will shock everyone and compete, but isn't it feasable that starting a QB with no experience is a little bit worse that a seasoned starter?

Yeah I know, but Ben did this, and Carson did that. But look at the Colts and Peyton his first year. Look at all the other rookie QBs in the league. Instant success is the exception to the rule.

In the long run, JP is the way to go. But dont expect to be in the playoffs yet.

I would concur with Mike & Maddog. Best case scenario the Bills go 10-6. A 10-6 record could get you a playoff spot... but more likely 10-6 could also keep you out. Reality wise, I think the Bills are more like 9-7.

A 6-10 season would be very interesting in NY....there's not the best relationship between coaches, front office and ownership already....6-10 might lead to a workplace violence scenario unfolding..and lots of fingerpointing..

409906[/snapback]

The same can be said for many teams, but the jests seem to have most of their resources tied up on some rather large question marks:

1) Pennington:

Good player but how is that shoulder?

2) Martin:

He has GOT to slow down soon, and no more Jordan.

3) Abraham:

Another frequently injured player who is not even in camp.

4) Law:

As good as it gets, but how is that foot?

Edwards is paraded around town as a superstar. Reporters hang on his every word, and quote him as if he is Lombardi/Plato, but he is an average coach at best.

I would love to see them in the tank this season.

If the Bill's were 10-6 last year, they would have been in the playoffs? 10-6 rarely keeps you out of the playoffs. I believe there have been something like 4 teams EVER that were 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs!

I would concur with Mike & Maddog.  Best case scenario the Bills go 10-6.  A 10-6 record could get you a playoff spot... but more likely 10-6 could also keep you out.  Reality wise, I think the Bills are more like 9-7.

409919[/snapback]

I would concur with Mike & Maddog.  Best case scenario the Bills go 10-6.  A 10-6 record could get you a playoff spot... but more likely 10-6 could also keep you out.  Reality wise, I think the Bills are more like 9-7.

409919[/snapback]

How do you concur with them when you have us with a winning record? Major step back means having a losing record, we were 9-7 last season. BTW, you can't have reality vs best case scenario as a one freaking game margin! There must be some sort of rule against doing that.

I live in the NY area and trust me.  I love when the Jets lose.  Pennington is not going to start 16 games.  His shoulder is still hurt. NY papers are already dismissing him.

409937[/snapback]

Ah but JAY FIEDLER will lead them to the promised land. <_<

Ever think that starting a rookie QB might actually be a step back? Im not claiming that the Jets will be the best team come playoff time, or that the Fins will shock everyone and compete, but isn't it feasable that starting a QB with no experience is a little bit worse that a seasoned starter?

Yeah I know, but Ben did this, and Carson did that. But look at the Colts and Peyton his first year. Look at all the other rookie QBs in the league. Instant success is the exception to the rule.

In the long run, JP is the way to go. But dont expect to be in the playoffs yet.

409910[/snapback]

If I may....

What you are saying about Manning is absolutely correct....what people seem to forget is that while Manning was horrible...SO WAS THE REST OF HIS TEAM

Their ST were atrocious....their defense couldn't stop anybody....and Manning didn't have all his weapons yet......

THAT is why it is easy to compare Losman and Ben R........their situations are pretty much the same......stout defense already in place.....running game in place......weapons all over the place.....

This is NOT the Manning situation

BTW, you can't have reality vs best case scenario as a one freaking game margin! There must be some sort of rule against doing that.

409940[/snapback]

Now why is that? Pittsburgh's reality last year was about six games BETTER than ANY best-case scenario would have predicted for them. <_<