Christopher Walken for President

Would you vote for Christopher Walken?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Christopher Walken?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I like Walken, but honestly, what would qualify him to be president? Acording to his BIO, he dropped out of Hofstra after only a year, and I don't see anything else in there saying he has any background that would warrant him holding any political office, especially the presidency.

I've decided to run for president. After all, I'm for a strong America, renewing the family, and justice. That qualifies me doesn't it?

I've decided to keep my campaign low key for now though. I wouldn't want to peak too soon.

Vote for me. Put a tiger in America's tank.

i like christopher walken as an actor, even though he always plays christopher walken, and i agree with all three of this policy stances.

the problem is he only has three policy stances. He'll need about three hundred and thirty-three.

and his website needs A LOTTA work.

Did anyone else have trouble reading anything on that site without reading it in his voice?

It read:

"Our great country is in a terrible downward spiral. We're outsourcing jobs, bankrupting social security, and losing lives at war."

I read:

"Ouwa...great country....is in a terrible, downwahd spiral. We're....outsourcing jobs. Bank-rupting social security, and losing lives...at wah."

No, this is not a joke.  Check out his views before voting in the poll.

http://www.walken2008.com/index.html

407938[/snapback]

In 1928, Herbert Hoover's campaign slogan was: "A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage".

In 2008, Christopher Walken's campaign slogan could be: "A Continental breakfast in every kitchen and a cowbell in every hand". :doh:

I like Walken, but honestly, what would qualify him to be president?

407979[/snapback]

He's been to parties with Barbra Streisand.

If his foreign policy platform said something like, "don't f*** with President Walken... you never know when I'll just SNAP!" I'd be more interested.

the problem is he only has three policy stances. He'll need about three hundred and thirty-three.

408404[/snapback]

He's hidden the rest... in the only place he could...

Maybe he'll pull a few more out before the election.

Maybe I would vote for him if he is as lucky as his character in The Deer Hunter where he defied about 24 quintillion to 1 odds by surviving 6 months of playing Russian Roulette in Saigon. Always liked the realism of that movie.

Best internet hoax since the "send me money, or I'll eat this bunny" site.

408450[/snapback]

That was a Hoax?!?! That was at least two paychecks I contributed to save that poor rodent.

Perhaps, we can all have some champagna, before we go out and place our votes.

That was a Hoax?!?! That was at least two paychecks I contributed to save that poor rodent.

Perhaps, we can all have some champagna, before we go out and place our votes.

408576[/snapback]

:doh: The thing I like about Walken is he makes such an impression you can imagine his voice just by reading his lines. And I don't think anyone does as good a job of self-parody while still in character. He's made some good movies for sure, but he's also made some bad movies a lot of fun to watch.

I would love to hear his State Of The Union Address.

407989[/snapback]

Any speech from him be ultimately entertaining, and while the "blurb" was agreeable, how might he plan on accomplishing any of those things?

Yet, with Beetlejuice as our current prez....Walken couldn't be any worse....

No, this is not a joke.  Check out his views before voting in the poll.

http://www.walken2008.com/index.html

407938[/snapback]

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it turns out the website is a hoax, just found this post on IMDB.com today:

Walken for President?

Actor Christopher Walken is caught in the midst of reports he plans to vie for the role of US president. While the eccentric screen star plays a member of the White House in the hit comedy Wedding Crashers, rumors have been circulating that he is aiming to take over George W. Bush's job in 2008. A website for Walken's "campaign" has even been set up at Walken2008.com, but a representative for the actor insists the story is false, stating, "It's one-hundred per cent not true. (It) sounds like someone got a little too excited over his role as Secretary Of The Treasury in Wedding Crashers and now they want to make him president."

Walken for pres?

Urban Legends reference page has also shot down the Walken For president rumors

Walken for president?

Walken for President

Claim: Actor Christopher Walken is planning on making a bid for the U.S. presidency in 2008.

Origins: Actor Ronald Reagan parlayed his film career and experience as president of the Screen Actors Guild into a political career that saw him twice elected as both Governor of California and President of the United States. Television actor Fred Grandy (of Love Boat fame) served four consecutive terms as in the U.S. Congress representing the state of Iowa. And action hero Arnold Schwarzenegger currently holds the governorship of California. So, with the 2008 race for U.S. president possibly shaping up to be a wide-open one, why wouldn't an actor such as, say, Christopher Walken test the waters and see if he could make a go of it?

That's the premise behind such web sites as www.walken2008.com and www.walkenforpres.com, which are supposedly maintained by the "Walken 2008 Campaign" and tout a putative actor-turned-candidate who says "It's time to get America back on track."

However, the Walken for President web sites are hoaxes, according to the actor's publicist:

A Web site announcing Hollywood actor Christopher Walken plans to seek the U.S. presidency is a hoax, his publicist says.

The site, walken2008.com claims to quote the actor as saying, "It's time to get America back on track," and says he will run for the nation's top post in 2008.

But his rep told "Entertainment Tonight" that the site is "100 percent not true."

"(It) sounds like someone got a little too excited over his role as secretary of the Treasury in 'The Wedding Crashers' and now they want to make him president," the rep said.

Rumors regarding who is behind the stunt range from its being a marketing campaign for the 2005 film Wedding Crashers (in which Walken plays the role of U.S. Secretary of the Treasury) to its being merely an elaborate prank.

What qualified Ronald Reagan? He was an actor who was already brain dead by the time he took the first oath of office.

408430[/snapback]

Um, actually he was Gov of California. But don't let the facts get in the way of your ignorant statement.

Um, actually he was Gov of California.  But don't let the facts get in the way of your ignorant statement.

411203[/snapback]

In that case what qulaified him as governor after being an actor?

You can look at so many actors that have run for office through the years, eastwood, Sonny Bono, the guy from Love boat.

You can look at so many actors that have run for office through the years, eastwood, Sonny Bono, the guy from Love boat.

411205[/snapback]

See Schwarzenegger, Arnold.

411205[/snapback]

Age and residency qualifies them for office. Other than that, you do not need to be a career politician to be a good politican.

411205[/snapback]

What qualities are you looking for? How about being elected President of the organization that represented his peers in his choosen profession at the time?

btw,

What qualified a peanut farmer to be Gov of Georgia?

What qualified a baseball team owner to be Gov of Texas?

What qualified an inexperienced lawyer to be Gov of Arkansas?

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it turns out the website is a hoax, just found this post on IMDB.com today:

410196[/snapback]

I am guessing that this is another one of those "Draft <insert name here>" types of thingies. This person(s) wanted him to run and was hoping to draft Walken into running by pre-generating support. It usually fails.

411205[/snapback]

The guy from Love Boat was actually a graduate of Harvard and Exeter. Not that THAT qualifies him, but Fred Grandy was hardly some schmo.

(I did hear he once had another congressman's aide fired for stepping onto the elevator with him and saying, "Oh, hey Goph'." :D)

What qualities are you looking for?  How about being elected President of the organization that represented his peers in his choosen profession at the time?

btw,

What qualified a peanut farmer to be Gov of Georgia?

What qualified a baseball team owner to be Gov of Texas?

What qualified an inexperienced lawyer to be Gov of Arkansas?

411223[/snapback]

Exactly my point, you can't say being an actor doesn't qualify someone for holding public office.

I was pointing out examples of other actors that have held public office in the past, so saying one doesn't qualify has no affect on saying the other does.