People suck - from the crash yesterday.

VABills

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This business about the oxygen masks...Im surprised the geniuses among us didnt pick this up........

WHY didnt they come down???

THE AIRCRAFT WAS ON THE !@#$ING GROUND.

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

397407[/snapback]

A few years back while sitting on a plane that was at the gate waiting to taxi, all the oxygen masks dropped down. Needless to say, we sat on the plane for 2 more hours at the gate before they decided they couldn't fix it and everybody had to get off.

PS I'm not an engineer, but I'll take a wild guess....chances are when a plane is on fire and all F**KED UP, some of the auxiliary systems(oxygen masks) may not be in working order. :blink:

PS I'm not an engineer, but I'll take a wild guess....chances are when a plane is on fire and all F**KED UP, some of the auxiliary systems(oxygen masks) may not be in working order. :blink:

397554[/snapback]

Yah that and the fact that the plane was broken in half told me that all of the systems may not be functioning properly...

I can see this lady in a car accident..."my car was totalled, but i am furious at chevy/ford/whoever that after the wreck my vanity light didnt go on..."

A few years back while sitting on a plane that was at the gate waiting to taxi, all the oxygen masks dropped down.  Needless to say, we sat on the plane for 2 more hours at the gate before they decided they couldn't fix it and everybody had to get off.

397554[/snapback]

How many people had a knee jerk reaction and put the masks on?

397576[/snapback]

I'm sorry... obligatory Carlin quote coming up.

They tell you to adjust your oxygen mask before helping your child with his.  I..did not need...to be told...THAT.  If he can program his fvcking VCR... he can goddamn jolly well learn how to use an oxygen mask!

Then they tell you to place the mask over your mouth and nose and "breathe normally."  Well I have no problem with that!  I always breathe normally when I'm in a six-hundred-mile-an-hour uncontrolled vertical dive!  I also sh-- normally!  Right in my pants!!!

I'm a bit of a nervous flier, actually, but I've always combated that by reciting his routine on flying to myself. Hard to be nervous when you're laughing. :blink:

Oxygen masks deploy with a sudden drop in cabin pressure.

The cabin is only pressurized at a mile or so above ground.

Maybe if the passengers (and crew) all farted in unison they could have had a deployment when the escape hatches were opened.

That probably would have made the evacuation go more quickly too.

For the smart, clever, cunning linguists amongst us, here's a quick Babelfish translation:

Les masques d'oxygène se déploient avec une baisse soudaine dans la pression de carlingue. La carlingue est seulement pressurisée à un mille ou ainsi au-dessus de la terre. Peut-être si tous les passagers (et servez d' équipier) farted à l'unisson ils pourraient avoir eu un déploiement quand les trappes d'évasion ont été ouvertes. Cela aurait fait probablement l'évacuation aller plus rapidement aussi.

I don't know about the air, but I sure do smell a bunch of lawsuits. These passengers will get millions for their inconvenience. Nobody these days has anything happen to him or her without immediately thinking how they can turn it into a financial bonanza. Whatever happened to bad luck? - actually good luck for them - they all escaped death or major injury. It doesn't matter - they will still make out like bandits. :lol:

397576[/snapback]

I shoved mine back in the compartment and said everything is okay lets go!

Seriously, after the masks came down, I couldn't get off that fugged up plane fast enough even if it meant spending the night at the airport.

I don't get what you are all so fired up about - read the article. She complained about one thing - that the flight attendents didn't seem prepared in an emergency.

She also mentions (but does not seem to be complaining about) that while running away it was muddy and they lost their shoes, and she also said the thunder and lightning added to the confusion of the situation. she's not bitching and moaning about the mud as you all seem to think....

I don't get what you are all so fired up about - read the article. She complained about one thing - that the flight attendents didn't seem prepared in an emergency. 

She also mentions (but does not seem to be complaining about) that while running away it was muddy and they lost their shoes, and she also said the thunder and lightning added to the confusion of the situation. she's not bitching and moaning about the mud as you all seem to think....

397897[/snapback]

Darn! You had to wreck such a wonderful thread and Franco-bash circle jerk. :lol:

I think people see the subtitle in the story about passengers being critical of the crew and fail to watch where the paragraphs are placed.

Job well done MSNBC.

Anyway I am flying to New England next week... What are the odds another crash happens again... I might be out of the woods, odds in my favor?

:lol::lol:

Anyway I am flying to New England next week... What are the odds another crash happens again... I might be out of the woods, odds in my favor?

:lol:  :lol:

397936[/snapback]

Pretty good if I remember an article I read years ago, that said for a period of time after a crash, everyone in the airline industry is alot more aware of what's going on, so the chance of a crash is less.

You're f***ing alive after a plane crash and you want to complain that you had to climb up a muddy hill and in the process lost your shoes?

WOW

397189[/snapback]

Right. A plane that exploded several times too and was in cinders afterwards.