Gotta Admit, JP's Performance is Concerning...

All those hours he's been putting in...all the talk of him hanging out with Wyche and working around the clock and carrying a briefcase, and WHAT?

Some see an amazing catch by Parrish and I see a poorly thrown ball by a guy who shouldn't be throwing a ball that poorly.

And two picks? And four sacks? Where's the elusiveness? Where's the strong arm? Where's the JP we've all been waiting for? This kids getting some big bucks and he better start getting it together now because we don't have any time to waste.

It's bad enough we've got a left tackle getting spun around like a NYC subway turnstile. J Mac better have something up his sleeve at that spot because it's obvious JP has enough problems trying to throw a football in practice, let alone worrying about his blind side all season.

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

You know what they say about book learning versus practical experience.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

football is like sex , no one is very good the first time ---- practice ----pratice ---- pratice  JP will be ok at game time . that is why we have training camp . :P  :lol:  :P

394587[/snapback]

But it they're not DOMINANT on BOTH sides of the ball right out of the starting gate we're bound to be in for a HUGE letdown.

God, all this performance anxiety... why, I wish the season would never get here. Going to sleep filled with dissapointment once again. Sigh! 0:)

All those hours he's been putting in...all the talk of him hanging out with Wyche and working around the clock and carrying a briefcase, and WHAT?

Some see an amazing catch by Parrish and I see a poorly thrown ball by a guy who shouldn't be throwing a ball that poorly.

And two picks? And four sacks? Where's the elusiveness? Where's the strong arm? Where's the JP we've all been waiting for? This kids getting some big bucks and he better start getting it together now because we don't have any time to waste.

It's bad enough we've got a left tackle getting spun around like a NYC subway turnstile. J Mac better have something up his sleeve at that spot because it's obvious JP has enough problems trying to throw a football in practice, let alone worrying about his blind side all season.

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

I said it quite some time ago...I expect Losman to fall flat on his face. I'm disappointed to see I was right.

But then, what do you expect from a guy who pronounces his name "loss-man"? 0:)

Well considering JP has been in a film room and hasn't been in pads since January i wouldn't worry about it much. he was probably anxious and nervous the first practice but it seems he got things under control by the night practice.

Also, you have to consider the fact that he is going against the #2 ranked defense in the league. I really doubt he would go out there an light it up the first time out there. If he did i would be worrying about our defense.

I am somewhat glad he struggled early against a great defense. He will only improve against them. 4-5 weeks of practice against the number 2 defense will put him miles ahead of any other 2nd year QB out there.

Moulds is Moulds. Everyone knows what he can do so nobody comments on it. Everyone is focused on JP, Evans, Parrish, and Willis.

Besides Moulds getting no attention from the media is good. It will force defenses to look at Evans and Parrish. Less doubleteams for Moulds means bigger numbers for him.

I'm surprised at you, too, bro. I thought for sure by now you'd recognize my sarcasm. 0:)

394571[/snapback]

Ah, nuts. I've been away from the board for so long I've lost my touch. I shoulda known. Sorry for doubting you. Never again. :lol:

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

Even Ralph has to wonder WTF is going on!

football is like sex , no one is very good the first time ---- practice ----pratice ---- pratice  JP will be ok at game time . that is why we have training camp . :P  0:)  :lol:

394587[/snapback]

I was good my first time!! She said I was damit....she told me so!!!!

I wish everyone would stop freaking out, or y'all are going to have nervous breakdowns before the first scrimmage game even gets here. Yeah, JP isn't amazing right now. I'm a big supporter and I didn't even expect him to dazzle everyone at mini-camps. He did his homework in the offseason and prepared mentally, but now you need to let him adjust to this team physically. HE'S GOING AGAINST THE NUMBER TWO DEFENSE. We lost ONE guy. They are still going to be tough. With some guys adjusting on O-Line, some new and old receivers trying to get back into it, and a new starter quarterback, I don't think they look all bad going against such a tough defense that is NOT holding back in practice. They already mean business. If JP can start playing well against our defense, he'll be fine. But he isn't going to do it over night.

As for Moulds, he looked really good in practice, but most people prolly aren't saying anything because we already know about him. We know he can catch the ball and make some plays. There are some new guys people were more interested to hear about over him, but that doesn't mean lets cut him now. I saw him make some great catches yesterday afternoon.

And if this whole thread is sarcasm, then sorry, because I'm new here and I still don't get y'all's sarcasm yet. I'm working on it.

And if this whole thread is sarcasm, then sorry, because I'm new here and I still don't get y'all's sarcasm yet.  I'm working on it.

394915[/snapback]

Um yeah I'm not new here and I still don't get the sarcasm. 0:)