Who looks worse, us or the Fins?

Fins:

Cecil Collins

Ricky Williams

Jim Drunkenmiller

Randy McMichael

Lawrence Philips

Jimmy Johnson- didnt do anything himself, just said he would draft Hitler if he could play

Bills:

OJ

Travis Henry

Matt Stevens

Who has the worst history of team losers. OJ is a BIG hit for sure.

Fins:

Cecil Collins

Ricky Williams

Jim Drunkenmiller

Randy McMichael

Lawrence Philips

Jimmy Johnson- didnt do anything himself, just said he would draft Hitler if he could play

Bills:

OJ

Travis Henry

Matt Stevens

391149[/snapback]

What's wrong with Matt Stevens? He tested positive for roids?

OJ doesn't count because it happened more than a decade after he played here.

Henry wasn't found guilty either, because the girl was pretending to be of age.

Stevens tested positive for steroids, lot of good it did him.

The Dolphins win in a landslide.

CW

Fins:

Jim Drunkenmiller

391149[/snapback]

I object to Druckenmiller being listed, after all he never played a game in a Fins uni. And Jimmy Johnson? C'mon, the man is a great coach, just didnt as well in Miami. So he had some moments, but I dont remember that quote, nor can I find anything on it.

And to be objective, TH was a whiner towards the end of his career in Buffalo, but while he was playing, he was good for you. Sure, he's bad with money, but who isnt?

I object to Druckenmiller being listed, after all he never played a game in a Fins uni. And Jimmy Johnson? C'mon, the man is a great coach, just didnt as well in Miami. So he had some moments, but I dont remember that quote, nor can I find anything on it.

And to be objective, TH was a whiner towards the end of his career in Buffalo, but while he was playing, he was good for you. Sure, he's bad with money, but who isnt?

391177[/snapback]

I can never forgive JJ for stomping on the Flutie Cereal boxes after you

guys beat us in the playoffs....You don't exorcise your ghosts by stomping

on something that is going to charity and disrespect to a player....

The other day I tried to make a bet with two HUGE Fin fans that I work with that JP would throw more TD and less INT's than both Fin QB's combined. They would'nt go for it. What a mess that team is going to be! Can they come in 5th in our division?

Jeff

i think OJ trumps them all. i hate the Dolphins but the Juice is a cold blooded killer.

on the brite side...he does now live in Florida....so maybe we can slide him over to the Dolphins side of the scale.

C'mon, the man is a great coach, just didnt as well in Miami.

I have to laugh at that. I've often wondered how he'd have done had Minnesota not given up FIVE players and TWELVE draft choices for Herchel Walker, giving Jimmuh a ton of "get out of jail free" cards to use on guys like Steve Walsh (when he already had Troy Aikman).

Barry Switzer won a title with Jimmuh's team. He a great coach too?

I have to laugh at that.  I've often wondered how he'd have done had Minnesota not given up FIVE players and TWELVE draft choices for Herchel Walker, giving Jimmuh a ton of "get out of jail free" cards to use on guys like Steve Walsh (when he already had Troy Aikman).

Barry Switzer won a title with Jimmuh's team.  He a great coach too?

391404[/snapback]

You nailed it! I think JJ is truly the most overrated coach in recent NFL history...as popular as it has become to bag on Parcells, I would take Parcells any day of the week.

I thnk they both are way overrated. What has parsells done when he didn't have Bill Belichick on his sideline? Not all that much it seems. JJ is good at evaluating talent. I'll give him that, but wouldn't call him a great coach..

You nailed it!  I think JJ is truly the most overrated coach in recent NFL history...as popular as it has become to bag on Parcells, I would take Parcells any day of the week.

391423[/snapback]

How could we forget the Biscuit, Mr. Cornelius Bennett himself, sodomizing that woman? I'm not sure he was a Bill at the time, but I know his court dates were in Buffalo, because I remember one of the radio stations outside the courthouse roasting foot-long weiners.

Apparently there was some testimony on the size of Biscuit's biscuit which was flattering for CB, but not so much for the girl's backside.

I don't recall the outcome of the case.

I thnk they both are way overrated.  What has parsells done when he didn't have Bill Belichick on his sideline?  Not all that much it seems.  JJ is good at evaluating talent.  I'll give him that, but wouldn't call him a great coach..

391441[/snapback]

Dallas is still a work in progress under Parcells. Parcells turned such moribund franchises as the NY Jets and New England Patriots into solid teams. He led a weak New England team to the Super Bowl, beat a superior Bills team in SB 25...and led a Cowboys team, that was widely regarded as one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in the leauge when he took over, to a winning record. You can't give all the credit to Belechek.

I look at it, in NBA terms, as the argument as to who is the best current coach Phil Jackson or Larry Brown. Jackson wins when he has 2 of the very best players in the leauge on his roster (Jordan/Pippen, O'Neil/Bryant), while Larry Brown seems to be able to go anywhere, and build a winner. I'd take Brown over Jackson, and I'd take Parcells over JJ. Both have their merits as talent evaluaters, but don't forget all of the busts that JJ had in Miami. Each coach had/has a different approach to building a team. Parcells way seems to work pretty consistantly. JJ was very fortunate in robbing the Vikings, a trade that set his Dallas team up for almost a decade....that O-line was as good as it gets...

JJ also had excellent assistants in Dallas (Norv Turner and Wannested)

whereas he couldn't get the same results at Miami.

Plus, I remember once seeing a article where JJ was quoted as saying that

the biggest mistake he made in Miami was not shipping Marino off from the

team and build the running game rather than letting Marino win the games

for him.

Here ya go, folks...the Sports Hall of Shame. :w00t:

http://www.allnerdsandgeeks.com/index.HallOfShame.html

391286[/snapback]

Nice find, but I had to mute the volume, that music was creeping me out.

July 1995: Star Minnesota Vikings (football) quarterback Warren Moon, by reputation one of the most upstanding players in the NFL, is arrested in SUBURBAN Houston and charged with misdemeanor assault after he slapped his wife, choking her "nearly to the point of unconsciousness" during an argument. MOON IS LATER ACQUITTED AFTER HIS WIFE REFUSES TO TESTIFY. A few months previously, Moon had been charged with sexual assault by a Vikings cheerleader in a case that was settled out of court.
I didn't know that, what a POS. :doh:

I have to laugh at that.  I've often wondered how he'd have done had Minnesota not given up FIVE players and TWELVE draft choices for Herchel Walker, giving Jimmuh a ton of "get out of jail free" cards to use on guys like Steve Walsh (when he already had Troy Aikman).

391404[/snapback]

yes, but, but .... Johnson was the guy who engineered that trade! that has to go into his coaching credit column, i think. by the way, the trade was unbelievably convoluted:

http://www.vikingupdate.com/history/histor...s/thetrade.html

at any rate, it seems to me that johnson was inarguably a great coach with the cowboys, taking over a miserable team and building one of the great teams of recent times. call me crazy, but i have a hunch that that the hatred of him displayed by many here might have something to do with the bills getting slaughtered twice in the super bowl by the cowboys.

391404[/snapback]

re the steve walsh pick, it occurred before the walker trade. here's what johnson had to say about the walsh pick in retrospect:

"A lot of teams don't understand the pure value of drafting a quarterback. When I was in Dallas, the only other guy was Ron Wolf in Green Bay. I can remember in 1990 because we were a bad team with had the first pick in the supplemental draft. So, we took U. of Miami quarterback Steve Walsh.

Jerry Jones was saying, 'We don't need another quarterback.' I knew that we didn't need two rookie quarterbacks growing old together. But I knew that Walsh had value. We had to be guarded about our opinion of Walsh. I had to walk a tightrope with the media and with Troy. We couldn't downplay Walsh's ability, but I knew Aikman was my quarterback.

We got one year out of him as a backup and then we got a three draft choices from New Orleans for Walsh. I gave up a first rounder and got back a one, two and a three. Now that's value. If a team can, they should consider drafting a quarterback every year because if they hit on somebody, they have value. So many teams make it hard on themselves. They often research a guy so much; they research themselves out of taking someone they really want."

yes, but, but .... Johnson was the guy who engineered that trade! that has to go into his coaching credit column, i think.  by the way, the trade was unbelievably convoluted:

http://www.vikingupdate.com/history/histor...s/thetrade.html

at any rate, it seems to me that johnson was inarguably a great coach with the cowboys, taking over a miserable team and building one of the great teams of recent times. call me crazy, but i have a hunch that that the hatred of him displayed by many here might have something to do with the bills getting slaughtered twice in the super bowl by the cowboys.

392391[/snapback]

That's certainly a way to look at it. I prefer to think Mike Brown offered him a deal that no one in their right mind could have refused because Brown made the classic mistake of openly coveting something someone else had. I doubt quite seriously that Jimmy had to do much more than say "OK".

re the steve walsh pick, it occurred before the walker trade. here's what johnson had to say about the walsh pick in retrospect:

"A lot of teams don't understand the pure value of drafting a quarterback. When I was in Dallas, the only other guy was Ron Wolf in Green Bay. I can remember in 1990 because we were a bad team with had the first pick in the supplemental draft. So, we took U. of Miami quarterback Steve Walsh.

Jerry Jones was saying, 'We don't need another quarterback.' I knew that we didn't need two rookie quarterbacks growing old together. But I knew that Walsh had value. We had to be guarded about our opinion of Walsh. I had to walk a tightrope with the media and with Troy. We couldn't downplay Walsh's ability, but I knew Aikman was my quarterback.

We got one year out of him as a backup and then we got a three draft choices from New Orleans for Walsh. I gave up a first rounder and got back a one, two and a three. Now that's value. If a team can, they should consider drafting a quarterback every year because if they hit on somebody, they have value. So many teams make it hard on themselves. They often research a guy so much; they research themselves out of taking someone they really want."

392400[/snapback]

Which is nothing more than Jimmy covering his ass. A one, two, and a three for what ended up being the first overall pick in the draft? Sorry Jimmy, you got your ass handed to you on that one. Look what SD gave up to move up ONE SPOT to get Ryan Leaf (two number ones, a two, Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf, and Patrick Sapp).

Fins:

Cecil Collins

Ricky Williams

Jim Drunkenmiller

Randy McMichael

Lawrence Philips

Bills:

OJ

Travis Henry

Matt Stevens

391149[/snapback]

Fins are far worse. No contest. Just look at the JJ quote you mention. It's very representative of the whole Dolphins organization mindset ever since Huizenga took over in 1990. The Dolphins have zero concern over player character, and they'll not hesitate to draft or sign any fugitive on talent alone.

The Bills, on the other hand, have taken character into consideration for as far back as I can remember. This is because Ralph Wilson is a respectable human with a healthy social conscience. We can all look at Henry, Stevens, and especially OJ and call them big POS. But don't forget one crucial thing: none were drafted/signed with any known prior criminal baggage. Stevens tested positive and was soon cut. Henry had sex with a girl in a gas station, and his replacement was subsequently drafted. OJ killed 2 people almost 2 decades after leaving the Bills.

But if OJ were to magically regain his old running skills back, I'd bet good $$$ that the Fins would instantly sign him to a huge contract. And I'd also bet that OJ's agent would be Rosenhaus.

Which is nothing more than Jimmy covering his ass.  A one, two, and a three for what ended up being the first overall pick in the draft?  Sorry Jimmy, you got your ass handed to you on that one.  Look what SD gave up to move up ONE SPOT to get Ryan Leaf (two number ones, a two, Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf, and Patrick Sapp).

392431[/snapback]

to be honest, my first thought upon reading that was that he was covering his ass, but then it struck me that he had already taken a qb #1 overall a few months before (aikman) who was clearly better than walsh in terms of physical talent. it was hardly the same as the leaf situation in san diego, which had no one. humphries had just retired. a side note: gilbride, the new coach, you may recall, pushed beathard hard to trade for rob johnson, who he coached in jax. i think the deal involved trading their 1 (#3 overall) in some sort of draft swap with the jags. in any event, it may in fact be the case that johnson is telling the truth and was using walsh as ammunition for future draft trades, a scenario which certainly has the ring of truth to it when considering the massive number of trades for future picks he made in subsequent years.

to be honest, my first thought upon reading that was that he was covering his ass, but then it struck me that he had already taken a qb #1 overall a few months before (aikman) who was clearly better than walsh in terms of physical talent.  it was hardly the same as the leaf situation in san diego, which had no one.  humphries had just retired. a side note: gilbride, the new coach, you may recall, pushed beathard hard to trade for rob johnson, who he coached in jax.  i think the deal involved trading their 1 (#3 overall) in some sort of draft swap with the jags. in any event, it may in fact be the case that johnson is telling the truth and was using walsh as ammunition for future draft trades, a scenario which certainly has the ring of truth to it when considering the massive number of trades for future picks he made in subsequent years.

392483[/snapback]

That may be, but Herchel Walker may be the only player in NFL history that was worth more than the top pick in the draft. Perhaps Johnson had the foresight to know he wouldn't be able to trade down from the Top 3 the following season (conventional wisdom was that the Cowboys were going to suck in an epic manner) - but I'm not going to give him credit for that.

Dec. 1986: Green Bay Packers (football) star James Lofton is arrested on new sexual assault charges in Green Bay. He is acquitted shortly after being traded to the Los Angeles Raiders. Lofton and one other Green Bay player had previously been accu sed of assaulting a woman in the dressing room of a Milwaukee nightclub in 1984

Everyone seems to forget this one.

Dec. 1986: Green Bay Packers (football) star James Lofton is arrested on new sexual assault charges in Green Bay. He is acquitted shortly after being traded to the Los Angeles Raiders. Lofton and one other Green Bay player had previously been accu sed of assaulting a woman in the dressing room of a Milwaukee nightclub in 1984

Everyone seems to forget this one.

392488[/snapback]

conrad dobler too. while as far as i know he was never arrested, the stuff he did on the field -- breaking people's arms deliberately at the bottom of a pile after a play (a crime he fessed up to), for instance -- would have landed him in jail if it had occurred outside the stadium. he was a truly malicious and unsavory human being.

Just consider the fans--

When the Bills fans storm the field, they try to tear down the goalposts.

When the Dolphins fans storm the field, they try to snort the goalline!!!

392525[/snapback]

I remember before one of the AFC championships between Miami and Buffalo the news station did a Miami/Buffalo thing about the cities. The one that I always remember is someone in Buffalo standing next to a snowman and saying "In Buffalo, our snow isn't illegal."