New SC nominee is a BFLO native

BRH

So as not to get this moved to PPP I will refrain from stating my views on any Bush Supreme Court nominee. But I noticed that John Roberts, who will be announced as the nominee to replace "Sandy baby" in about 10 minutes, is originally from Buffalo.

Wonder if he's a Bills fan. :doh:

So as not to get this moved to PPP I will refrain from stating my views on any Bush Supreme Court nominee.  But I noticed that John Roberts, who will be announced as the  nominee to replace "Sandy baby" in about 10 minutes, is originally from Buffalo.

Wonder if he's a Bills fan.  :doh:

385637[/snapback]

He better be!!!

So as not to get this moved to PPP I will refrain from stating my views on any Bush Supreme Court nominee.  But I noticed that John Roberts, who will be announced as the  nominee to replace "Sandy baby" in about 10 minutes, is originally from Buffalo.

Wonder if he's a Bills fan.  :doh:

385637[/snapback]

Anybody know what High School?

Anybody know what High School?

385639[/snapback]

At this point all I know is that he was born in Buffalo. He could be about as much "from" Buffalo as Tom Cruise is "from" Syracuse. I'm sure we'll find out more soon.

Damn. Colts Fan.

385645[/snapback]

He's been in Washington since well before the Colts left Baltimore. And at 50 if he left at age 6 or 7, he was only in Buffalo for the first couple of years of the Bills' existence, if that.

My money is on him being a Redskins fan. Plus Tim Russert would have noted tonight on MSNBC if he were a Bills fan, and he didn't. :doh:

Just confirmed live - "he is a Bills fan." OK, a step in the right direction.

385665[/snapback]

How About TBD bringing suit against the NFL for denying the Bills victories in every super bowl since January 15, 1967.....to hell with the lower courts..we want to go directly to the big guys...

so let me get this straight.....

...he is a moderate conservative,....he is a Bills fan,....and just a nominee?

...my guess is he loses the appointment by a slim margin.....losing votes from the "wide right".

so let me get this straight.....

...he is a moderate conservative,....he is a Bills fan,....and just a nominee?

...my guess is he loses the appointment by a slim margin.....losing votes from the "wide right".

385690[/snapback]

Rimshot sound......................

:doh:

Chuckie Schumer did confirm live that Roberts is a Bills fan.

385761[/snapback]

On the Chicago news they said his father was an executive for a steel company, so I'm guessing he was with Bethlehem and moved his family to IN for a promo or something - I'm sure his father brought him up right :doh:

On the Chicago news they said his father was an executive for a steel company

385766[/snapback]

Which explains the whole line about "he worked summers in a steel mill to earn money for college" that Bush spouted last night.

I'm sure he was sweating in the foundry. :D

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I am guessing that Judge Roberts is s pretty serious fan.

I mean, there is SO much to the story of him being nominated, who will want to confirm him, who will want to screw him, etc., yet I just read another article that mentions him as a Bill Fan! 0:)

I have always said that Bills fans are different than other fans that I have seen, and I stand by this. This is a great example imo. What did they leave out in the various articles to tell us he is a Bills Fan? :D0:)

Perhaps if a dem. is ever again elected, TBD's own Mickey will be appointed to the Supreme Court! :devil:

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I am guessing that Judge Roberts is s pretty serious fan.

I mean, there is SO much to the story of him being nominated, who will want to confirm him, who will want to screw him, etc., yet I just read another article that mentions him as a Bill Fan!  0:)

I have always said that Bills fans are different than other fans that I have seen, and I stand by this. This is a great example imo. What did they leave out in the various articles to tell us he is a Bills Fan?  :D  0:)

Perhaps if a dem. is ever again elected, TBD's own Mickey will be appointed to the Supreme Court!  :devil:

385867[/snapback]

Bill, any links to these stories

Really? I just got the Fox News boyz jabbering.  :D

385666[/snapback]

Schumer said it after Fox cut away. CNN kept him on. At the end of saying some somewhat negative things about Judge Roberts, he said something along to lines of:

*There is one thing I can say that I really like about Judge Roberts, he is a Bills fan!*

CNN's Wolf Blitzer also mentioned that he was happy Bush chose a Buffalo native -- pointing out that he (Wolf) is from Buffalo.

Schumer said it after Fox cut away. CNN kept him on. At the end of saying some somewhat negative things about Judge Roberts, he said something along to lines of:

*There is one thing I can say that I really like about Judge Roberts, he is a Bills fan!*

385960[/snapback]

Is Chuck himself really a Bills fan or does he just kind of have to say it these days now that Buffalo is the only NFL team in New York?

I do remember this exchange during the Hillary-Lazio debate:

RUSSERT:

Mr. Lazio, we thank you very much. We thank both our candidates for a very spirited and substantive discussion. We have about 30 seconds left. And I have a question, which I think might be interesting. This Sunday, the Buffalo Bills versus the New York Jets. The Buffalo Bills versus the New York Jets, Mrs. Clinton, who are you for?

CLINTON:

Well, I'm for the three New York teams, all of whom have undefeated seasons.

RUSSERT:

Not bad. But who is the only team that plays in New York State?

CLINTON:

Well, that's true. It is the Bills, as you never tire of reminding us.

RUSSERT:

Mr. Lazio, Jets or Bills?

LAZIO:

Only a Buffalo native would say that. I'm with my friends.

RUSSERT:

Who are your friends?

LAZIO:

I love all three teams.

RUSSERT:

You're straddling, Mr. Lazio. Thank you very much from God's country, Buffalo, New York. We thank our panel. We thank our audience.

CNN's Wolf Blitzer also mentioned that he was happy Bush chose a Buffalo native -- pointing out that he (Wolf) is from Buffalo.

385960[/snapback]

That would be quite a tailgate party, wouldn't it?

Tim Russert, Wolf Blitzer, John Roberts, Eddie Van Halen, John Wayne Bobbitt, and Timothy McVeigh.

I have always said that Bills fans are different than other fans that I have seen, and I stand by this. This is a great example imo. What did they leave out in the various articles to tell us he is a Bills Fan?  :D  :devil:

I love it. I don't recall any any other SC nominees' bios that included what sports team they root for.

That would be quite a tailgate party, wouldn't it?

Tim Russert, Wolf Blitzer, John Roberts, Eddie Van Halen, John Wayne Bobbitt, and Timothy McVeigh.

385984[/snapback]

What's the deal on Eddie Van Halen? I've never heard this one before. I thought he was from California.

What's the deal on Eddie Van Halen?  I've never heard this one before.  I thought he was from California.

386039[/snapback]

He's been tight with Jim Kelly for a long time, and I've seen him quoted as being a Bills fan. At the last VH show in Buffalo, Sammy dedicated a song to Hunter (who was right by the stage with Dad).

And actually, if Roberts is "from" Buffalo, then Eddie is really "from" Holland. :D

I love it. I don't recall any any other SC nominees' bios that included what sports team they root for.

386026[/snapback]

Exactly my point!!! This is friggin great. It says a ton about the loyalty of Bills Fans. For the press to even know about this, he must be pretty serious. :D