Wie Out

She has just been knocked out. Well I am one who is agaisnt her getting exemptions into the men trnys, I was rooting for her to win this thing. Would have loved to see how Hootie and the boys at Augusta would have reacted to her winning. And the key is, she would have EARNED her spot in the Masters, not have it given to her. And that I am all for

She has just been knocked out. Well I am one who is agaisnt her getting exemptions into the men trnys, I was rooting for her to win this thing. Would have loved to see how Hootie and the boys at Augusta would have reacted to her winning. And the key is, she would have EARNED her spot in the Masters, not have it given to her. And that I am all for

382440[/snapback]

I'm glad shes out, good kid. My guess is that if she did Qualify, Hottie would have canceled the Masters. Ya never know, Ya never know...........

382440[/snapback]

I am sure they were swaeting her winning this...I agree on earning her way in...a few sponsors exemptions are ok, but it will get ridiculous, if every lower level tourney gets her to come for ratings....

I would have loved to see the reaction of them stuffed shirts at Augusta IF MW had won the Publinx...Too bad she did not...Again, like you said this would have been an 'earned' invite...Not a special exemption....

One day,, Michelle and Annika will tee it up at Augusta....

Would have loved to see how Hootie and the boys at Augusta would have reacted to her winning. And the key is, she would have EARNED her spot in the Masters, not have it given to her. And that I am all for

382440[/snapback]

I do not quite understand all this hatred to those who run Augusta National. Why can't a private club be for men only? There are actually many women's clubs where men aren't allowed.

People just seem to assume there needs to be a woman member of the golf club without really saying way. Could you please enlighten me?

I do not quite understand all this hatred to those who run Augusta National. Why can't a private club be for men only? There are actually many women's clubs where men aren't allowed.

People just seem to assume there needs to be a woman member of the golf club without really saying way. Could you please enlighten me?

382459[/snapback]

It's good for the self-esteem to imagine one as a knight riding around for dragons to slay, even if the reality is that they're really schmucks riding on a donkey trying to topple a windmill...

Correction - a private club for WASP men only. :D

382464[/snapback]

First of all, the term WASP is redudant. Anglo-Saxons are white, so there's no need to say that twice. And secondly, they have already gone down the route of black members in the past.

To me, having gender-specific clubs is far different. And to be honest, private clubs should have the right to determine their membership in any objectionable way they see fit.

Correction - a private club for WASP men only. :D

382464[/snapback]

I'm not saying its right, but it IS their right to choose who to let in and not let in...

(now i'm going to play devils advocate here) because its their choice, and there is a definite double standard...

for example, I went to an engineering college, and work in an engineering dept now...we have NSBE, and NSHE (national society for black/hispanic engineers), which white folks cant join...but if a national society for white engineers was formed, i can guarantee you there would be a ton of people up in arms over this...

As for Wie, its great she can kinda compete with the men, but why doesnt she try and win something on the LPGA or at the amateur level first...

The misinformation and PC garbage in this thread infuriates me.

1. Women can play Augusta. Annika, Nancy Lopez and countless others have played there as a guest of a member or at the invitation of the club.

2. There are black and catholic members of the club.

3. The only issue (which is contrived by Martha Burke and her liberal PC idiot friends) is whether or not there can be women members of the club.

4. Private clubs have the right to accept or reject members at their discression. This is America.

There is no issue with Wie playing at the club. It's based on ability. Apparently, she doesn't have it yet.

The misinformation and PC garbage in this thread infuriates me.

1. Women can play Augusta. Annika, Nancy Lopez and countless others have played there as a guest of a member or at the invitation of the club.

2. There are black and catholic members of the club.

3. The only issue (which is contrived by Martha Burke and her liberal PC idiot friends) is whether or not there can be women members of the club.

4. Private clubs have the right to accept or reject members at their discression. This is America.

There is no issue with Wie playing at the club. It's based on ability. Apparently, she doesn't have it yet.

382505[/snapback]

Yep, Hottie Hootie would have no problem with accepting Wie into the tournament if she earned it. He'd meet her on the front steps of the clubhouse with open arms to prove to the world that he is really not a male chauvanist pig.

And if Wie does ever earn her way into the Masters, how much do you want to bet that Burke is on every talking head show the next day, advising Wie to decline the invitiation.

Hootie has said that he would welcome Wie if she qualifies. And she isn't doing this for money either, she is still an amateur.

382531[/snapback]

That is absolutely right...Hootie has come out publicly and said if Wie wins, she's in.

God, I'm sooooo sick of this issue....Michelle Wie, Danica Patrick, and Tom Brady are the most over-hyped female sports personalities this century. When will the madness end?!?!? :D