Oh, this is nice....real nice!!!

CentralVaBills

As is sticking railroad spikes through your skull.  Doesn't mean you should...  :)

373035[/snapback]

Well, that explains a lot.. someone please define optional for our refratta friend.

The TBD party at the opener gets more exciting by the day....

1.NJSue beer dumping ceremony

2.NBF punching out TBD'ers

3.BF fixing his delicacy live and in person. Will there be a fight for the last food spot at the end of the table between the pasta salad and the retatta? :)

The time he saves cooking his errrr...whatever it is, will be time spent harrassing the local livestock. Please Chef Jim...think of the sheep!

373049[/snapback]

You know Gavin, you should watch it, I don't think you know who, likes you very much.

I'll spend my extra 5 picking out a nice Chateau Lynch Bage to go with it.

373037[/snapback]

Just for giggles...

Got hungry the other night. Open fridge...nothing apparant. Take inventory. Boil some penne al dente. In the same water, cook up some frozen broccoli with some pearl onions, left over bell pepper and some mushrooms. (timed of course). Pull some leftover chicken out of the freezer, thaw in microwave (while boiling is going on). Whip up a quick parmesan-bechemel in a small saucepan while the pasta is cooking. Drain pasta and veggies, return to pasta pan. Add sauce and chicken. Toss. Pull garlic-cheese bread out of broiler (forgot to mention bread). Pour third glass of wine. Simple sliced tomato/sliced onion salad with oil and vinegar on the side.

Total time? Didn't time, but but I'm certain less than 30 minutes. No, it's not gourmet - but DAMN, you can make something both healthy and edible in 30 minutes. Ever hear of Rachel Raye? People do this stuff every day.

Just for giggles...

Got hungry the other night. Open fridge...nothing apparant. Take inventory. Boil some penne al dente. In the same water, cook up some frozen broccoli with some pearl onions, left over bell pepper and some mushrooms. (timed of course). Pull some leftover chicken out of the freezer, thaw in microwave (while boiling is going on). Whip up a quick parmesan-bechemel in a small saucepan while the pasta is cooking. Drain pasta and veggies, return to pasta pan. Add sauce and chicken. Toss. Pull garlic-cheese bread out of broiler (forgot to mention bread). Pour third glass of wine. Simple sliced tomato/sliced onion salad with oil and vinegar on the side.

Total time? Didn't time, but but I'm certain less than 30 minutes. No, it's not gourmet - but DAMN, you can make something both healthy and edible in 30 minutes. Ever hear of Rachel Raye? People do this stuff every day.

373057[/snapback]

You forgot the pickle juice...

Just for giggles...

373057[/snapback]

ahhh, but bib, you didnt hafta FRY it with EGGS...thats where the extra half hour comes in... :)

Just for giggles...

373057[/snapback]

Two weekends ago:

Grilled marinated vegetable (yellow squash, zucchini, endive)

Salmon tartar

Buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes

Steamed asparagus

Bottle of Pinot Noir

Total Time (I did check)..........................35 Minutes!!! That included boiling the water for the asparagus!! :)

I'm not sure there is a correct way of making that slop.  Listen, when you've cooked professionally for 25 years you come back to me.  I know from sitting at my computer, 15 minutes TOPS!!!  I'll even grate the f*cking cheese......it did have cheese in it, I've forgotten.  :)

373024[/snapback]

I cook it the quickest way you can.

1. Boil some water (now how long should this take Chef Jim?).

2. Put the noodles in the water and boil them. (How long for this?)

3. Drain the noodles and allow them to sit for 5 minutes or so.

4. Throw the noodles in a frying pan.

5. Cook on "high".

6. Mix the butter into the frying noodles and stir it so it melts over the entire batch.

7. Fry the noodles to golden brown.

8. Put the eggs in with the nooodles and scramble them around.

9. Once the eggs are scrambled and the noodles crispy brown it's done.

Now the only time cutting measure I see here is scrambling eggs in another frying pan while you are doing the noodles and then just dumping the scrambled eggs in with them. That would save you about 2 whole minutes.

So please elaborate how you would cook this dish any quicker than a half an hour, let alone 15 minutes.