Oh, this is nice....real nice!!!

CentralVaBills

I've been out of the biz for 5 years!  So I've cooked professionally for 25 and socially for 5.  Thirty years of cooking.........and you're how old???

373148[/snapback]

In this corner: 30 years of cooking experience.

In the other corner: a few years of serving up Granny's recipe for vomit.

I've been out of the biz for 5 years!  So I've cooked professionally for 25 and socially for 5.  Thirty years of cooking.........and you're how old???

373148[/snapback]

See, you tried to go back to work,but this train wreck is to fun to watch, eh? :P:)

I cook it the quickest way you can.

1.  Boil some water (now how long should this take Chef Jim?).

2.  Put the noodles in the water and boil them.  (How long for this?)

3.  Drain the noodles and allow them to sit for 5 minutes or so.

4.  Throw the noodles in a frying pan.

5.  Cook on "high".

6.  Mix the butter into the frying noodles and stir it so it melts over the entire batch.

7.  Fry the noodles to golden brown.

8.  Put the eggs in with the nooodles and scramble them around.

9.  Once the eggs are scrambled and the noodles crispy brown it's done.

Now the only time cutting measure I see here is scrambling eggs in another frying pan while you are doing the noodles and then just dumping the scrambled eggs in with them.  That would save you about 2 whole minutes.

So please elaborate how you would cook this dish any quicker than a half an hour, let alone 15 minutes.

373065[/snapback]

Throw the noodles in the frying pan and THEN add the butter? What kind of a moron are you? That's why it takes you an hour to make this frankenfrittata...if you don't even know how to FRY something, God only knows what else you're !@#$ing up...

Two weekends ago:

Grilled marinated vegetable (yellow squash, zucchini, endive)

Salmon tartar

Buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes

Steamed asparagus

Bottle of Pinot Noir

Total Time (I did check)..........................35 Minutes!!!  That included boiling the water for the asparagus!!    :)

373064[/snapback]

Other than the fact I'm not a salmon fan, screw the penne.

TIME OUT - SERIOUS COOKING QUESTION

I use a microwave steamer a lot - convienience and time. Am I better off just adding the liquid and the vegetables on the tray at the same time? Or is it better to heat the liquid to boiling, then add the veggies and steam? I know the microwave is going to cook the vegs as they steam them, but it just seems like I lose a lot of calories heating water and can easily overdo/underdo the vegetables.

I had thought about pre-heating the liquid, then cutting back the traditional time by 30% or so. Thoughts? (Besides getting a vegetable steamer, I have a big seafood steamer - not going to buy new cookware for something I fix once per month.

Thanks in advance, Chef.

OK, BACK TO FRIVOLITY AND ASS-WHUPPIN'S!!!