Where to sit at highmark?

On 5/15/2024 at 9:51 PM, 17years&waiting said:

The 300's are great.  

I've also sat 100's & 200's endzones.  Not as enjoyable.

I’ve never quite understood the appeal of those low-level end zone seats. Yeah, you might get a great play that happens real close to you, but it’s a fairly bad view if they’re down at the other end, particularly if you are on the scoreboard end.  Clubs are ideal, especially if it’s cold and/or raining. The 300 level, lower half aren’t far behind and great on a nice fall day. 
Do fans want the first row so they’ll be seen on TV? For me, it’s harder to see how the play is developing and where everybody’s lined up when you’re at field level. The reason coordinators like to sit in the booth is because they can see the field better. 

41 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I’ve never quite understood the appeal of those low-level end zone seats. Yeah, you might get a great play that happens real close to you, but it’s a fairly bad view if they’re down at the other end, particularly if you are on the scoreboard end.  Clubs are ideal, especially if it’s cold and/or raining. The 300 level, lower half aren’t far behind and great on a nice fall day. 
Do fans want the first row so they’ll be seen on TV? For me, it’s harder to see how the play is developing and where everybody’s lined up when you’re at field level. The reason coordinators like to sit in the booth is because they can see the field better. 

Until they put those big screens down at the tunnel end, it was not unusual to see numerous people in the scoreboard end, during plays at the opposite end of the field, standing up and turned around watching the scoreboard to see what was going on.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SoMAn said:

To each their own of course, but if you’re truly trying to WATCH the game, you’re far better off just doing it at home. When I go to a game I want the experience, including getting a good look at the players and the speed and sounds of the game. 

On 5/16/2024 at 1:50 PM, Logic said:

We're all on team "standing at a football game is fine, because it's a blood sport and not the ***** opera", right?

Just making sure.

Nope. Standing all game so nobody who sits can see the game is stupid and obnoxious. 

On 5/18/2024 at 1:47 PM, SoMAn said:

On 5/18/2024 at 2:30 PM, Just Jack said:

Until they put those big screens down at the tunnel end, it was not unusual to see numerous people in the scoreboard end, during plays at the opposite end of the field, standing up and turned around watching the scoreboard to see what was going on.  

Ha!  My wife and I sit down close to field level in 102 for one game every season, and with running plays I have  a VERY hard time figuring out how much the play went for.  Especially if the offense is going towards the tunnel EZ.

14 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Ha!  My wife and I sit down close to field level in 102 for one game every season, and with running plays I have  a VERY hard time figuring out how much the play went for.  Especially if the offense is going towards the tunnel EZ.

I understand that, like one of the people who responded, it's part of the experience to be close enough to hear and see the players up close - a fair trade off for compromised views. But then they're relying on the Jumbotron and replays (or ribbon boards) to know down/distance and see who did what. 

I want to experience and feel the plays in real time without needing to look at a screen.  You may as well stay home and save a few hundred dollars if most of the viewing is the big screens. But as stated earlier, to each their own.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Nope. Standing all game so nobody who sits can see the game is stupid and obnoxious. 

To be clear, I didn't say standing all game, I just said standing. I think standing for kickoffs, big 3rd downs, and close-in red zone plays, or jumping up out of my seat in excitement at a big play, are all reasonable things to do. Football is exciting. 

I'd argue that those that sit all game and get bent out of shape when people stand for the exciting parts are just as obnoxious.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

To be clear, I didn't say standing all game, I just said standing. I think standing for kickoffs, big 3rd downs, and close-in red zone plays, or jumping up out of my seat in excitement at a big play, are all reasonable things to do. Football is exciting. 

I'd argue that those that sit all game and get bent out of shape when people stand for the exciting parts are just as obnoxious.

I have absolutely no problem with people standing at exciting moments of the game. That's not what I'm complaining about. 

Standing for third down plays strikes me as pushing it. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I have absolutely no problem with people standing at exciting moments of the game. That's not what I'm complaining about. 

Standing for third down plays strikes me as pushing it. 

On that matter, we'll have to agree to disagree.

The best way to provide homefield advantage for our team is to build an imposing, loud, exciting atmosphere.

Everyone on their feet on 3rd down, making as much noise as humanly possible, the whole crowd rising to a fever pitch of excitement and creating a deafening roar and a visible united front of enthusiasm and engagement. Affecting and intimidating the opponent. Feeling the excitement of 70,000 people cheering in unison. Having an actual effect on the outcome of a game. 

THAT, to me, is what seeing football games live is all about. To me, standing for critical junctures feels like part of that. I understand if others disagree, and I understand that some folks have physical impairments that may make it impossible. But if it's 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter and the Bills defense needs a big stop, I'm absolutely gonna be on my feet, whooping and hollering, and I'm absolutely gonna ignore anyone behind me saying "down in front!". 

Again -- not all game. That, I agree, is a bit much. But in the big moments? I'm up.

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/15/2024 at 8:22 PM, Gman10 said:

Sorry if this is the wrong sub form. I'm looking to buy tickets for the Monday night, Jaguar game. What are some reasonably priced tickets in a decent seating area?

I don't mind spending a bit extra if the seats are that good.

thanks!

how about a seat fool