Chiefs at Bills - Week 11 CBS 4:25 National Game

Must be nice to be an elite in this world.   You can have an entire sports league you've had zero association with just 12 months prior completely bend to your will.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lost said:

Must be nice to be an elite in this world.   You can have an entire sports league you've had zero association with just 12 months prior completely bend to your will.

This is a purposedly misleading click-bait title.  The original article states Mike North said the NFL had to adjust the schedule so that there were no conflicts with Taylor Swift concerts that were already scheduled in the various stadia.  This is obvious.  You can't have a Taylor Swift concert and a NFL game in the same arena on the same day or likely on adjacent days.

The  duplicitous statement that Taylor Swift can attend 14 out of 17 Chiefs games is simply because those are the days she is not actually scheduled to have concerts.  In fact, what Mike North said was that the NFL had to have those teams out of town when Swift concerts were scheduled in the same arena.

Whether you believed him or not, North denied allegations that the NFL scheduled games so that Swift could attend them.   In particular, he specifically denied that they scheduled the Bills game to be at the same time as Swift's tour is in Toronto.  You can 100% call BS on the NFL, but North definitely denies what the clickbait headline seems to imply that the NFL admitted to.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-nfl-took-taylor-swift-into-consideration-when-making-2024-schedule/

I detest this kind of purposedly misleading reporting.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 1:11 PM, Warcodered said:

What's chances Romo is covering this game?

What are the chances Romo is not available due to some personal issue?

he could have Covid

He could get arrested driving into the stadium because he is late

He could get charge with some crime

Maybe there is some emergency in his family

Edited by Matt_In_NH

On 5/15/2024 at 9:31 PM, What a Tuel said:

Who cares, we just need to play the games and make the playoffs. I dont really care about "credit" and neither should you. But you do you.

So then why even discuss things on this board if you don't care what anyone thinks about the Bills? 

You talk like you're above normal team discourse... I wish I could be so cool!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

So then why even discuss things on this board if you don't care what anyone thinks about the Bills? 

You talk like you're above normal team discourse... I wish I could be so cool!

normal team discourse? We need to win before we can be given the benefit of the doubt. Complaining that we aren't put on the same level as a team thats been in 4 superbowls in 5 years and won 3 doesn't seem to make sense to me, but like I said you do you.

9 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

This is a purposedly misleading click-bait title.  The original article states Mike North said the NFL had to adjust the schedule so that there were no conflicts with Taylor Swift concerts that were already scheduled in the various stadia.  This is obvious.  You can't have a Taylor Swift concert and a NFL game in the same arena on the same day or likely on adjacent days.

The  duplicitous statement that Taylor Swift can attend 14 out of 17 Chiefs games is simply because those are the days she is not actually scheduled to have concerts.  In fact, what Mike North said was that the NFL had to have those teams out of town when Swift concerts were scheduled in the same arena.

Whether you believed him or not, North denied allegations that the NFL scheduled games so that Swift could attend them.   In particular, he specifically denied that they scheduled the Bills game to be at the same time as Swift's tour is in Toronto.  You can 100% call BS on the NFL, but North definitely denies what the clickbait headline seems to imply that the NFL admitted to.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-nfl-took-taylor-swift-into-consideration-when-making-2024-schedule/

I detest this kind of purposedly misleading reporting.

Keep believing that. The NFL has profited off Taylor Swift and they want to keep doing it. It’s good business, just pissing a lot of fans off. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BananaB said:

Keep believing that. The NFL has profited off Taylor Swift and they want to keep doing it. It’s good business, just pissing a lot of fans off. 

The point is not whether the NFL made it easier for Swift to attend games.  That is up to you to believe or not.  The point was the click-bait tweet claimed the NFL admitted to it which is exactly the opposite of what actually occurred.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Agree 1

On 5/17/2024 at 7:06 AM, Billy Claude said:

I detest this kind of purposedly misleading reporting

If there’s one thing that middle aged white dudes love, it’s finding stupid BS to get outraged over.  

There are only five weekends that Taylor's and Travis schedule interfere.  I did the "deep" dive into the Google to find her tour dates...

Tour US - Taylor Swift

Tour International - Taylor Swift

Chiefs Schedule | Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs.com

Sunday, October 20th - Taylor is in Miami, Travis is in San Fransico

Sunday, October 27th - Taylor is in New Orleans, Travis is in Las Vegas

Sunday, November 3rd - Taylor is in Indianapolis

Monday, November 4th - Travis is in Tampa Bay

Saturday, November 16th - Taylor is in Toronto

Sunday, November 17th - Travis is in Buffalo

Sunday, December 8th - Taylor is in Vancouver, Travis is in Los Angeles (Chargers)

So out of 17 games, not counting pre-season, there's only three that she could not be at.  If the NFL really tried, they could have moved the Chiefs around more, by making those Sunday conflicts, Monday night games instead.  

On 5/17/2024 at 3:20 AM, Lost said:

Illuminati

On 5/15/2024 at 12:30 PM, krf139 said:

She’s going to be in Toronto that weekend with no show on Sunday. Not exactly random. The NFL knew the tour dates when setting the schedule 

Are you complaining or just pointing out the NFL attempts to maximize revenues with its schedule?  I mean they put months into the schedule for this reason.