Democrats are so cool....

Loving America means helping right wing speaker of the house. That's loving America, not staging coups when you lose! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/30/democrats-house-speaker-mike-johnson-motion-to-vacate/

Democratic leaders in the House officially declared Tuesday that they would vote to keep order in the House by protecting Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) from any far-right Republicans seeking his ouster.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is leading the effort to remove Johnson from the speakership because he has relied on Democratic support to pass major bills, particularly sending $60 billion in aid to Ukraine that a majority of House Republicans opposed. Johnson has had to lean on the minority party because hard-liners in his conference refuse to compromise, leading to intraparty divisions on policy and the legislative process.

On Tuesday, speculation rose about whether Greene and her chief ally, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), were ready to act. “I have to go vote,” Greene repeated when asked multiple times whether she was ready to bring up her move to depose Johnson, known as a “motion to vacate.” She and Massie were seen huddling early Tuesday afternoon in the House parliamentarian’s office.

Just a bit beforehand, House Democratic leaders — Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) and Caucus Chair Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.) — announced after discussions with colleagues that Democrats would be willing to block any motion to oust Johnson from the speakership.

“At this moment, upon completion of our national security work, the time has come to turn the page on this chapter of Pro-Putin Republican obstruction. We will vote to table [Greene’s] Motion to Vacate the Chair. If she invokes the motion, it will not succeed,” the Democratic leadership trio said in a statement.

In response to the news, Johnson said that what the “country needs right now is a functioning Congress” and that the House as an institution cannot afford another speaker removal and weeks wasted trying to get a fractious GOP conference to agree on another leader. He was referencing the three weeks it took to elect Johnson after eight Republicans ousted then-Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in October.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Loving America means helping right wing speaker of the house. That's loving America, not staging coups when you lose! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/30/democrats-house-speaker-mike-johnson-motion-to-vacate/

Democratic leaders in the House officially declared Tuesday that they would vote to keep order in the House by protecting Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) from any far-right Republicans seeking his ouster.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is leading the effort to remove Johnson from the speakership because he has relied on Democratic support to pass major bills, particularly sending $60 billion in aid to Ukraine that a majority of House Republicans opposed. Johnson has had to lean on the minority party because hard-liners in his conference refuse to compromise, leading to intraparty divisions on policy and the legislative process.

On Tuesday, speculation rose about whether Greene and her chief ally, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), were ready to act. “I have to go vote,” Greene repeated when asked multiple times whether she was ready to bring up her move to depose Johnson, known as a “motion to vacate.” She and Massie were seen huddling early Tuesday afternoon in the House parliamentarian’s office.

Just a bit beforehand, House Democratic leaders — Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) and Caucus Chair Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.) — announced after discussions with colleagues that Democrats would be willing to block any motion to oust Johnson from the speakership.

“At this moment, upon completion of our national security work, the time has come to turn the page on this chapter of Pro-Putin Republican obstruction. We will vote to table [Greene’s] Motion to Vacate the Chair. If she invokes the motion, it will not succeed,” the Democratic leadership trio said in a statement.

In response to the news, Johnson said that what the “country needs right now is a functioning Congress” and that the House as an institution cannot afford another speaker removal and weeks wasted trying to get a fractious GOP conference to agree on another leader. He was referencing the three weeks it took to elect Johnson after eight Republicans ousted then-Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in October.

I stated this a couple of weeks ago. Mike Johnson risked his position on Ukraine funding. I was hoping house dems responded this way. Maybe there is some hope in DC?

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I stated this a couple of weeks ago. Mike Johnson risked his position on Ukraine funding. I was hoping house dems responded this way. Maybe there is some hope in DC?

Somebody needs to take the first step to bring back some civility.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's cool to be a commie these days.

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Funding war is cool?

In the alt universe, somehow fighting the aggressive Russian force led by the former unreformed KGB communist officer is now "being a commie."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Lol.  It's interesting reading blood thirsty war mongers (Ukraine) talk about the sanctity of life and no war in another country. 

They have you trained well.

Everyone else is the problem except Putin.

Why is that?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Lol.  It's interesting reading blood thirsty war mongers (Ukraine) talk about the sanctity of life and no war in another country. 

Don't you love how they suckered Putin into invading them just because they love having their civilians bombed? That's a special kind of war mongering.

• Eyeroll 1

42 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Funding war is cool?

They are morally superior because they want to enrich the MIC by sentencing innocent Ukrainians and Russians to death. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That says it all.

Surely you can understand that there are casualties on both ends. Because someone is Russian doesn't make their life any more meaningless or insignificant

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That says it all.

Yes, Russian citizens are in fact innocent people.  

It’s sad that you can’t separate people from their government. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes, Russian citizens are in fact innocent people.  

It’s sad that you can’t separate people from their government. 

How many Russian citizens NOT currently involved in invading/occupying someone else's country (Ukraine) have been killed? Has Ukraine invaded Russia like Israel has invaded Gaza?

I support Israel's right to self-defense just like I support Ukraine's right.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How many Russian citizens NOT currently involved in invading/occupying someone else's country (Ukraine) have been killed? Has Ukraine invaded Russia like Israel has invaded Gaza?

I support Israel's right to self-defense just like I support Ukraine's right.

So do I .. but that doesn’t mean we need to fund forever wars.   At least Israel has an end game. 

And I feel bad for innocent Palestinians and innocent Russians .. many of them didn’t ask or want this. 

…and the ones that do, many have been brainwashed by years of propaganda to think that way. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2