Would the Chiefs had ended up with Worthy without the trade with the Bills?

Who cares about memes. But like many, when I saw who KC picked, I was a tad POed. Fastest WR in the draft, with Josh's rocket arm... Yet, so many WRs were taken before him, he must not be that good.

One thing you can say: Beane has got GUTS. If Worthy ends up being Tyreek 2.0, then he'll get roasted for sure.

No way to really know, but I do feel if they really wanted him they would've gotten him either via Bills or some other team. 

Didn't want Worthy personally but I'm a little concerned with KC acquiring him. Having him and Hollywood Brown is really gonna draw a lot of PI calls down the field in favor of KC. 

At least a lot more than the usual Mahomes "bail out" penalty  

Edited by billsbackto81

I’m already beyond sick of Xavier Worthy. 

Nobody would be acting the way they are about him if KC didn’t move up with BUF to take him.  

Not here and not in the National Media. 

Which is funny considering the only thing the Chiefs seem to struggle with is identifying WR talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

How do you know they didn’t have early second round grades on Coleman AND Worthy and didn’t want to take either at 28?

you don’t.

They obviously didn’t have “ a guy” at 28 , so they traded back. If they really wanted Worthy at that spot, they don’t make the trade. This is pretty obvious, as is the fact they didn’t care what player KC wanted to take. Implying otherwise ( as these hot takes are ) is pure folly. I don’t “ know” that the Bills didn’t want a 160 lb WR , but it doesn’t appear they were very interested. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

They obviously didn’t have “ a guy” at 28 , so they traded back. If they really wanted Worthy at that spot, they don’t make the trade. This is pretty obvious, as is the fact they didn’t care what player KC wanted to take. Implying otherwise ( as these hot takes are ) is pure folly. I don’t “ know” that the Bills didn’t want a 160 lb WR , but it doesn’t appear they were very interested. 

Because they didn’t want Worthy at 28 doesn’t mean they wouldn’t take him at 33.

Because they clearly didn’t want Coleman at 28. And they did take him at 33. 

This is obvious logic.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Because they didn’t want Worthy at 28 doesn’t mean they wouldn’t take him at 33.

Because they clearly didn’t want Coleman at 28. And they did take him at 33. 

This is obvious logic.

So you think they would trade with a team and cross their fingers that the player they coveted so much wouldn’t be selected ? Lol absolutely ridiculous. If they just had to have Worthy, they don’t make a trade there. It can’t be more obvious. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

So you think they would trade with a team and cross their fingers that the player they coveted so much wouldn’t be selected ? Lol absolutely ridiculous. If they just had to have Worthy, they don’t make a trade there. It can’t be more obvious. 

I mean KC could've selected Coleman, right?

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

No way to know. But even if they would have, it shouldn’t have been through our handing him to them.

We are the joke of the NFL right now. Seeing stuff like this everywhere (and Greeny was a Bills ally all last season, defending us when no-one else would):

IMG-9102.jpg

IMG-9097.jpg

Im not one for cussing, but it pisses me off.

Oh ***** them. Like, take a telephone pull and shove it up their ass. These fantastical headlines of "OMG STEPHEN A JUST GAVE IT TO THE BILLS FOR DRAFTNG A PLAYER."

These dbags are on TV to sell their voice. Not to win games. They're whores for for us. They spread their gums to make us click. 

I mean KC could've selected Coleman, right?

Yep, they could have. So could Carolina. The Bills didn’t care who they selected , and probably didn’t think the chances were high that it was Coleman. If they cared , they don’t make the trade.  Were you in on the phone conversation? 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, they could have. So could Carolina. The Bills didn’t care who they selected , and probably didn’t think the chances were high that it was Coleman. If they cared , they don’t make the trade.  Were you in on the phone conversation? 

Were you? My contention is that we have no idea how close or far away Worthy was ranked in regards to Coleman. Because they didn’t choose between Worthy or Coleman, like they did Coleman and McConkey.

Otherwise, I could argue they ranked Coleman higher that Odunze. They picked Coleman and didn’t make a move for Odunze after all

Were you? My contention is that we have no idea how close or far away Worthy was ranked in regards to Coleman. Because they didn’t choose between Worthy or Coleman, like they did Coleman and McConkey.

Otherwise, I could argue they ranked Coleman higher that Odunze. They picked Coleman and didn’t make a move for Odunze after all

I’m sure they had Odunze higher. The cost to move into a spot to get him would have been very high. Higher than they could do most likely. They did choose between Worthy and everyone else - they made the trade. They obviously didn’t care if he was gone . The chiefs needed WRs and love their fast guys. Fans know this. The Bills and Beane know it too. The bottom line is they didn’t care who was selected there. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I’m sure they had Odunze higher. The cost to move into a spot to get him would have been very high. Higher than they could do most likely. They did choose between Worthy and everyone else - they made the trade. They obviously didn’t care if he was gone . The chiefs needed WRs and love their fast guys. Fans know this. The Bills and Beane know it too. The bottom line is they didn’t care who was selected there. 

You can’t be sure.you weren’t there

Edited by FireChans

It's just a bad look to do business with KC, that's all it really is

If you had to bet who outsmarted who, most people would bet on KC

My guess is worthy will produce the occasional big play when he can actually get on the field...which may not be often if you are going off of history regarding small speedsters in the league

In that case, the Bills would appear to have outsmarted KC, but I suppose we'll see how it pans out

11 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

The guy is tyreek hill 2.0 and 27 other teams said "no thanks"? Think Ill wait and see before feeling "sick" about a 160lb wr the FO didnt even want.

Seeing how the original Tyreek Hill wasn’t drafted until the 5th round maybe Reid saw something he liked in both of these guys that other coaches didn’t see or value. Worthy is similar to DeSean Jackson more than he is to Tyreek Hill anyway.

11 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Yes, because evidently Beane is smarter than Reid.  It has been proven over and over never

I love it when Bills fans act like Beane is some kind of idiot when you look at the loser parade we had at GM since Bill Polian. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I think they still end up getting him if they stayed put. Unless a team was trying to trade ahead of them.

I think SF gets him if KC didn’t trade up. Speed is Shanahan’s rush. He had to settle for Pearsall. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You can’t be sure.you weren’t there

Neither can you. The Chiefs made a move because they were concerned their “guy” might be selected before their pick. The Bills weren’t concerned and traded down twice. That’s what we know . 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Yes, they would have. And who did the Bills prevent the Chiefs from adding to their roster at 95?

Cole Bishop better turn out to be more successful than Haden Hicks otherwise this trade would be even worse for the Bills. 

6 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I think SF gets him if KC didn’t trade up. Speed is Shanahan’s rush. He had to settle for Pearsall. 

Could be. Can’t believe the Bills moved down and lost out on Pearsall in the process. What were they thinking, missing out on the players they coveted so much.