Coleman = Benjamin, Davis = Moss - Beane players

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Drafting track stars that can actually play football are not tho. Like Hill. Waddle. Achane. 

im not moving the posts. I’m simply behind getting our superstar QB some weapons. Ones that get separation. Ones that find open spaces. Ones that blow the doors off defenses. Ones that keep defensive coordinators up at night. You know, like how Hill did with Buffalo for years as a chief. The only reason he doesn’t destroy us as a dolphin is because his QB doesn’t have the arm to utilize him. And his HC is possibly as dumb as McDermott. 

Shakir gets separation. Samuel is fast. Coleman can win contested catches and is a redzone threat. Kincaid is a versatile threat at TE. Cook is another weapon out of the backfield. Josh lead the NFL in total touchdowns last year. It’s a well balanced offense.

Mike Evans has a ring too, he beat the guy you’re talking about, in his prime. Where was there sub. 4.4 40 difference maker when the GOAT was owning Mahomes in the Super Bowl??? Hopefully Coleman is our Mike Evans. 

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Anyone who compares Coleman to Benjamin can be immediately written off

They also need to realize KB had 1900 yards and 16 TDs the two seasons before tearing his ACL, and just flat out wasn’t the same guy after. 

They had the same 40 time, but the comparison stops there. Coleman is a much, much better athlete than even pre-ACL KB. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I see a change in offensive philosophy coming this year.

Absolutely. I'd like to do a comparison between this offense and Brady's 2020 Carolina offense. The Panthers struggled at QB, but they still had 4 players go for 1000+ yards of total yard from scrimmage (DJ Moore, Robbie Anderson, Curtis Samuel, and Mike Davis)

The Bills have their Robbie Anderson, Curtis Samuel (literally) and Mike Davis, but they don't have a DJ Moore. They do have a Dalton Kincaid and Khalil Shakir, who are totally different offensive weapons, so it will be interesting to see what Brady draws up in order to get similar production to what he got with that Carolina offense. And obviously, Brady has Josh Allen. And then we can't forget about Knox.

Keon can absolutely go for 1000+ in this offense, as can Cook. I'd be surprised if Samuel does, but I wouldn't be surprised with 800 yards from him. I imagine Kincaid is 900-1000 and Shakir is 700-800 but it's a real question mark.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Absolutely. I'd like to do a comparison between this offense and Brady's 2020 Carolina offense. The Panthers struggled at QB, but they still had 4 players go for 1000+ yards of total yard from scrimmage (DJ Moore, Robbie Anderson, Curtis Samuel, and Mike Davis)

The Bills have their Robbie Anderson, Curtis Samuel (literally) and Mike Davis, but they don't have a DJ Moore. They do have a Dalton Kincaid and Khalil Shakir, who are totally different offensive weapons, so it will be interesting to see what Brady draws up in order to get similar production to what he got with that Carolina offense. And obviously, Brady has Josh Allen. And then we can't forget about Knox.

Keon can absolutely go for 1000+ in this offense, as can Cook. I'd be surprised if Samuel does, but I wouldn't be surprised with 800 yards from him. I imagine Kincaid is 900-1000 and Shakir is 700-800 but it's a real question mark.

Exactly.

6 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Shakir gets separation. Samuel is fast. Coleman can win contested catches and is a redzone threat. Kincaid is a versatile threat at TE. Cook is another weapon out of the backfield. Josh lead the NFL in total touchdowns last year. It’s a well balanced offense.

Mike Evans has a ring too, he beat the guy you’re talking about, in his prime. Where was there sub. 4.4 40 difference maker when the GOAT was owning Mahomes in the Super Bowl??? Hopefully Coleman is our Mike Evans. 

Scott Miller was a 4.39 guy. Godwin was a 4.42 guy. 

and I don’t care what some other team did. I care what this team does. You have a WB with one of the best arms in the history of the NFL. It would be nice to get him someone to throw downfield to for the first time since 2020. Smoke Brown was the last guy he had that filled this role. And before him he had Robert Foster. And that’s it. And I think it’s pretty fair to say he gave those guys their best seasons of their careers. 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Scott Miller was a 4.39 guy. Godwin was a 4.42 guy. 

and I don’t care what some other team did. I care what this team does. You have a WB with one of the best arms in the history of the NFL. It would be nice to get him someone to throw downfield to for the first time since 2020. Smoke Brown was the last guy he had that filled this role. And before him he had Robert Foster. And that’s it. And I think it’s pretty fair to say he gave those guys their best seasons of their careers. 

Curtis Samuel is 4.31…

Shakir is 4.43…

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

Ugh. Ok. Sure 

If Samuel stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if he also has the best season of his career. As a fan of the team who obviously knows the history of other vets having career years, why would you not be optimistic about that?

Keon Coleman literally played basketball for Tom Izzo the same time he was playing football. 
This is just a lazy take cause the last FSU receiver was a completely gone Kelvin Benjamin. 
I was a Mitchell guy but Coleman can flat out play you will regret making this thread within 2 years. 

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

If Samuel stays healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if he also has the best season of his career. As a fan of the team who obviously knows the history of other vets having career years, why would you not be optimistic about that?

I think he’ll likely have his best year. That’s not saying much considering his career best year is 77 rec for 851yrds and 3tds. If Josh can’t help him there we’re in some serious trouble. 

Samual is not a #1 or a deep threat though. Getting someone who is would be nice. Instead we are expecting a guy that’s not really sniffed 1,000 yards in a season to be our #1? God help us 

2 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Beane has a real tendency for a certain type of player.

Ray Davis is a  Zack Moss clone

Coleman isn't too far off from Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess.

None of those guys panned out.

Seems Beane consistently under values speed in skill players.  I was hoping we'd come out of this draft faster and more explosive on O, but instead it's more of the usual.

Coleman would have been a decent replacement for Gabe. Similar skill set. Is Samuel supposed to be the Diggs replacement? Hard to see us being better on offense. 

Or defense for that matter. They don't seem to have a vision or plan for getting better than the Chiefs. Feels like a reset year.

What a surprise, an elite talent evaluator fan, dismissing Coleman,the best receiver on an undefeated team. Only 50 catches for just under 700 yds and 11 TDs in 12 games. If you watched a few of his games you’d see plenty of separation and a monster on 50/50 balls. Diggs had 27 yds, a fumble and 3 catches on 8 targets in the biggest game of the year. He was crap the last 7 games of the season. The Texans converted his deal to a one year contract, because they see him as the malcontent diva on the other side of his career. Coleman is gamer on a rookie contract. Getting Diggs out was a positive. You referenced Moss as a comp for Davis. We never used Moss correctly because Motor was Sean’s favorite. He was great with Indy and Cinci thought enough of him to let Mixon go , making him the featured back. Beane’s selections have netted us the 2nd most wins in the NFL the last 4 years. 4 division titles and arguably the best QB in football. The defense has been in the top 5 until we got decimated by injuries last season. The Chiefs could’ve been beaten last year with one or two more plays. No Milano, no White, Miller still recovering after surgery, and Diggs giving us nothing equals not beating KC. Josh still put us in position to win. We’ll be better this season.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Lots of whinny guys on this board, it’s like I’m reading fourteen year old girls whimpering about acne, any chance you whiners could stfu for a month or two, thanks in advance from the majority of Bills fans, 🤣🍸🚬

You troll a message board to...not read about the team? You could always just stick to listening to One Bills Live if you want straight homer content. 

10 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

What a surprise, an elite talent evaluator fan, dismissing Coleman,the best receiver on an undefeated team. Only 50 catches for just under 700 yds and 11 TDs in 12 games. If you watched a few of his games you’d see plenty of separation and a monster on 50/50 balls. Diggs had 27 yds, a fumble and 3 catches on 8 targets in the biggest game of the year. He was crap the last 7 games of the season. The Texans converted his deal to a one year contract, because they see him as the malcontent diva on the other side of his career. Coleman is gamer on a rookie contract. Getting Diggs out was a positive. You referenced Moss as a comp for Davis. We never used Moss correctly because Motor was Sean’s favorite. He was great with Indy and Cinci thought enough of him to let Mixon go , making him the featured back. Beane’s selections have netted us the 2nd most wins in the NFL the last 4 years. 4 division titles and arguably the best QB in football. The defense has been in the top 5 until we got decimated by injuries last season. The Chiefs could’ve been beaten last year with one or two more plays. No Milano, no White, Miller still recovering after surgery, and Diggs giving us nothing equals not beating KC. Josh still put us in position to win. We’ll be better this season.

He had two good games but then a bunch of stinkers as well. He even had the coveted 0 reception 0 target game. You should really look at the game logs. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I agree but there may be some truth to comparing what he’s done here in a build - rebuild and what Carolina did when he was there. 

Clearly some consistent pursuit of the big body possession receiver for instance, right? Not everyone chases benjamin-funches-trade for Benjamin-Davis-Coleman 

not clones, but seems a certain archetype he may like 

I could agree but I would have to dismiss Beasley, Brown, Shakir, etc. I think in the scheme of things he’s actually been fairly balanced.  Albeit without seeming to highly value a burner.