Operation Gaza Floyd: The Coming Hamas Mostly Peaceful Riots & Terrorism

16 minutes ago, Neo said:

Her Biography.   Keep in mind, kids borrow money and give it to colleges.   Colleges then give the money to the King-Slutzkys of the world.   The kids then don’t pay the lenders back.   The government then collects from you, and me, the taxpayers, for the loan.     Loans can’t be cancelled.   Lenders can only be stiffed.

The bright side?   Our kids spent four years with this … with your tax dollars in her pocket.  People get the government they deserve.

Biography

My dissertation is on fantasies of limitless energy in the transatlantic Romantic imagination from 1760-1860. My goal is to write a prehistory of metabolic rift, Marx’s term for the disruption of energy circuits caused by industrialization under capitalism. I am particularly interested in theories of the imagination and poetry as interpreted through a Marxian lens in order to update and propose an alternative to historicist ideological critiques of the Romantic imagination. Prior to joining Columbia, I worked as a political strategist for leftist and progressive causes and remain active in the higher education labor movement.

She should have to pay a carbon tax for the CO2 I just generated while laughing after reading that.

• Haha (+1) 2

A common demand of these students is for their university to divest from any financial ties to Israel. Why do students think they have the authority to demand how a university chooses to invest? If they are morally distraught and don’t like the financial profile of their university, they are free to choose a different school.

It’s important to remember, the protesters are a small fraction of the students enrolled at these universities.  At minimum, they should suspend them all, give them incompletes for their courses. The worst offenders should be expelled and make them reapply if they want to continue to attend. There are many ways to express one’s opinion on the war without violating university policies. 

Columbia needs to bring in the NYPD and prosecute them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Kill-the-Jews protesters at Columbia have taken over that school’s main administration building, Hamilton Hall. Scenes from the campus are horrifying:

It will be interesting to see whether these vandals are punished as harshly as the January 6 protesters.

These riots are a disaster for Columbia. This is true in several respects; for one thing, the demonstrators are robotic morons, mindlessly repeating pro-genocide chants. Intellectually, they are about on a par with Joe Biden reading “pause” off the teleprompter. I wonder whether Columbia’s academic reputation can recover. For another, the university’s administration has behaved spinelessly throughout the crisis. Columbia administrators have thus joined those from Harvard, MIT and Penn as objects of ridicule.

Perhaps most notably, campus riots like the ones at Columbia could be a disaster for the Democratic Party. That is what happened in the late 60s. Voters hate these childish and destructive outbursts. Conservatives like Ronald Reagan (and moderates like S.I. Hiyakawa) who stood up to student tantrums became heroes, while soft-on-crime Democrats suffered. That likely will happen again.

Worst of all, the antiwar (ar, more accurately, pro-Viet Cong) riots that engulfed the Democratic National Convention in 1968 likely dealt a death blow to Hubert Humphrey’s candidacy. The same thing could happen again, in the same venue–Chicago.

Democrats had better figure out a way to deal with their pro-genocide left, or they could be in trouble.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/04/disaster-at-columbia.php

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Neo said:

Her Biography.   Keep in mind, kids borrow money and give it to colleges.   Colleges then give the money to the King-Slutzkys of the world.   The kids then don’t pay the lenders back.   The government then collects from you, and me, the taxpayers, for the loan.     Loans can’t be cancelled.   Lenders can only be stiffed.

The bright side?   Our kids spent four years with this … with your tax dollars in her pocket.  People get the government they deserve.

Biography

My dissertation is on fantasies of limitless energy in the transatlantic Romantic imagination from 1760-1860. My goal is to write a prehistory of metabolic rift, Marx’s term for the disruption of energy circuits caused by industrialization under capitalism. I am particularly interested in theories of the imagination and poetry as interpreted through a Marxian lens in order to update and propose an alternative to historicist ideological critiques of the Romantic imagination. Prior to joining Columbia, I worked as a political strategist for leftist and progressive causes and remain active in the higher education labor movement.

Holy hell.

You'd find your time less wasted if you spent the bulk of your twenties reading all the posts of PPP leftists.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Kill-the-Jews protesters at Columbia have taken over that school’s main administration building, Hamilton Hall. Scenes from the campus are horrifying:

It will be interesting to see whether these vandals are punished as harshly as the January 6 protesters.

These riots are a disaster for Columbia. This is true in several respects; for one thing, the demonstrators are robotic morons, mindlessly repeating pro-genocide chants. Intellectually, they are about on a par with Joe Biden reading “pause” off the teleprompter. I wonder whether Columbia’s academic reputation can recover. For another, the university’s administration has behaved spinelessly throughout the crisis. Columbia administrators have thus joined those from Harvard, MIT and Penn as objects of ridicule.

Perhaps most notably, campus riots like the ones at Columbia could be a disaster for the Democratic Party. That is what happened in the late 60s. Voters hate these childish and destructive outbursts. Conservatives like Ronald Reagan (and moderates like S.I. Hiyakawa) who stood up to student tantrums became heroes, while soft-on-crime Democrats suffered. That likely will happen again.

Worst of all, the antiwar (ar, more accurately, pro-Viet Cong) riots that engulfed the Democratic National Convention in 1968 likely dealt a death blow to Hubert Humphrey’s candidacy. The same thing could happen again, in the same venue–Chicago.

Democrats had better figure out a way to deal with their pro-genocide left, or they could be in trouble.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/04/disaster-at-columbia.php

A major disaster. Imagine if you graduated with a professional degree from Columbia just a few years ago. The school name is forever tarnished.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

It's not projection: it's what your hero Barry said you Dems wanted to do to America.  Are you calling him a liar?

Oh, now you're deflecting to Obama - whose last day in office was 2,657 days ago.

jfc

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

So you're comparing a guy who potentially says mean things to a group known for rape, hostage taking and murder?   The lack of self awareness.....

100 fkn percent.

You freaks want to erase Americans that are not white, straight, and male.

foh

• Disagree 2

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh, now you're deflecting to Obama - whose last day in office was 2,657 days ago.

jfc

He's still the darling of the Dem party, if not running it from the shadows.  And the guy from whom I first heard the phrase.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's still the darling of the Dem party, if not running it from the shadows.  And the guy from whom I first heard the phrase.

STILL DEFLECTING, Doc - and it's not working.

Who is passing laws that are NOT popular with a majority of Americans?

What exactly is going on in RED STATES?

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

STILL DEFLECTING, Doc - and it's not working.

Who is passing laws that are NOT popular with a majority of Americans?

What exactly is going on in RED STATES?

Abortion is the only thing.  And the Repubs seem willing to compromise at 15 weeks and for when there's a risk to the mother. 

To quickly recap, demonstrators who were upset over early morning arrests at an attempted encampment took down the American flag at the main campus and replaced it with a Palestinian flag.

Though the agitators were amused, the university's interim chancellor, Lee Roberts, was not. Roberts proceeded to walk to the flag pole himself, remove the Palestinian flag, and re-fly the U.S. flag, to the appreciation of the Jewish students nearby. In another defining moment, Roberts later told reporters that the American flag would continue to fly over the campus as long as he was in charge.

What hasn't been widely reported is what happened once Roberts walked away from the flag pole.

The pro-Hamas radicals proceeded to try and take the U.S. flag down again.

But a student-led group, as it turns out, did not make it easy for them.

Guillermo Estrada, a student at the university, wrote about his experiences in an incredibly powerful thread. Here's his recounting of what happened:

..but it upset me that my country's flag was disrespected in order to advocate for another. 

Shortly after, Chancellor Roberts came with police officers to hang the flag once again. They were met with profanity, middle fingers, thrown bottles, rocks, and water.

When the flag was raised once again, the greek community began singing the National anthem. As the Chancellor left, the quad erupted into chaos as protestors began removing the flag once again, preparing to destroy it.

My fraternity brother and others ran over to hold it up, in order for it not to touch the ground. People began throwing water bottles at us, rocks, sticks, calling us profane names. We stood for an hour defending the flag so many fight to protect.

My parents started a new life in the United States, a country that has helped them flourish and raise two kids. I grew up in a Military community and saw first hand the sacrifices they make. I will not stand for the disrespect these "protestors" cause for the sake of another country. 

My LDOC will be memorable in knowing that my fraternity brothers and others fought to keep the flag up. But it was also be memorable in knowing that so many yearn to disrespect it.

For anyone wondering where the patriotic Americans were as the pro-Hamas protesters were trying to rip the American flag down again, here's your answer.

They were there, making us proud, and giving us a glimmer of hope that not all is lost in this increasingly crazy world.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2024/04/30/courage-defined-watch-student-led-group-stand-against-unc-chapel-hill-pro-hamas-mob-protect-us-flag-n2173574

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Abortion is the only thing.  And the Repubs seem willing to compromise at 15 weeks and for when there's a risk to the mother. 

Abortion IS FKN TRANSFOMATIVE and not the only thing... the list is quite long and tragic.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

To quickly recap, demonstrators who were upset over early morning arrests at an attempted encampment took down the American flag at the main campus and replaced it with a Palestinian flag.

Though the agitators were amused, the university's interim chancellor, Lee Roberts, was not. Roberts proceeded to walk to the flag pole himself, remove the Palestinian flag, and re-fly the U.S. flag, to the appreciation of the Jewish students nearby. In another defining moment, Roberts later told reporters that the American flag would continue to fly over the campus as long as he was in charge.

What hasn't been widely reported is what happened once Roberts walked away from the flag pole.

The pro-Hamas radicals proceeded to try and take the U.S. flag down again.

But a student-led group, as it turns out, did not make it easy for them.

Guillermo Estrada, a student at the university, wrote about his experiences in an incredibly powerful thread. Here's his recounting of what happened:

..but it upset me that my country's flag was disrespected in order to advocate for another. 

Shortly after, Chancellor Roberts came with police officers to hang the flag once again. They were met with profanity, middle fingers, thrown bottles, rocks, and water.

When the flag was raised once again, the greek community began singing the National anthem. As the Chancellor left, the quad erupted into chaos as protestors began removing the flag once again, preparing to destroy it.

My fraternity brother and others ran over to hold it up, in order for it not to touch the ground. People began throwing water bottles at us, rocks, sticks, calling us profane names. We stood for an hour defending the flag so many fight to protect.

My parents started a new life in the United States, a country that has helped them flourish and raise two kids. I grew up in a Military community and saw first hand the sacrifices they make. I will not stand for the disrespect these "protestors" cause for the sake of another country. 

My LDOC will be memorable in knowing that my fraternity brothers and others fought to keep the flag up. But it was also be memorable in knowing that so many yearn to disrespect it.

For anyone wondering where the patriotic Americans were as the pro-Hamas protesters were trying to rip the American flag down again, here's your answer.

They were there, making us proud, and giving us a glimmer of hope that not all is lost in this increasingly crazy world.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2024/04/30/courage-defined-watch-student-led-group-stand-against-unc-chapel-hill-pro-hamas-mob-protect-us-flag-n2173574

🇺🇸

• Like (+1) 2

Third world style riots in progress on UCLA campus and mayor claims police are responding but no.police on site. Democratic leadership failure at every level.  Video looks like Antifa running LA.