Packers vs Eagles confirmed week 1 in Brazil.

Gregg

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Opening day games should be in hometown, NFL stadiums.

I get the NFL wanting to expand their fanbase but fans in Brazil aren’t counting the days down to opening day like fans in regions that are home to teams.

Save these games for later in the season.

for the teams it at least helps the travel situation week 1

Oddly, the NFL chose two green teams to play at a venue which very much disallows green anything.  Their soccer rivals are green and they have even sat their own player for wearing teal cleats once.  

Europe is dumb; unless they can make a whole new league there.  How would a London team fair with constant jet lag?  And if they get all away games in NA in a row then they get advantage as their home games will be many weeks of jet lagged teams playing in London.  I just don't get it.  Is it just about selling merchandise?  

Edited by sleeby

7 hours ago, boyst said:

brazil is a disgusting place.

Have you been there?  Have you ever left the country?  Your home state?  Your home town?  Many many people say the same about the good ole USA.  It is all perspective and media hype.  People are shooting each other all the time in the US.  Kids are killing each other in school every week.  Blah blah blah.  We know better, but that the image being put forward.

I will report in as I am going to this game.  Brazil should be a great time for me as we will be in a bubble for the entire time.

5 hours ago, Beast said:

I believe Brazil is in the same time zone that we are so that shouldn’t be an issue.

One hour ahead...one hour.

12 hours ago, Beast said:

I believe Brazil is in the same time zone that we are so that shouldn’t be an issue.

If they play in Sao Paulo, it's one hour ahead of US eastern.

When US eastern goes to daylight savings, it's two hours ahead.

I spent countless Sundays there before retiring, and it was surprisingly difficult to find a place with live TV coverage of the NFL.

I would simply use game tracker on my laptop.

For anyone who hasn't been there, Sao Paulo is an absolutely massive city. The biggest I've ever seen.

You never see a "Z" used in the spelling when there.

I once shared an elevator in our hotel with four members of their national junior women's volleyball team.

I wanted the elevator to break down.

It didn't, but it was still a life altering experience I'll never forget.

Linda de morrer.

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Have you been there?  Have you ever left the country?  Your home state?  Your home town?  Many many people say the same about the good ole USA.  It is all perspective and media hype.  People are shooting each other all the time in the US.  Kids are killing each other in school every week.  Blah blah blah.  We know better, but that the image being put forward.

I will report in as I am going to this game.  Brazil should be a great time for me as we will be in a bubble for the entire time.

One hour ahead...one hour.

El oh El

Can you show the court where the perp touched your feelings?

I'll say it again: Brazil is a joke of a place.

To clarify, that's only speaking of Brazil. You bringing up any other place has nothing to do with Brazil.

Next you'll defend Canada.  🤮

21 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, then it's not really a "home" opener. The home opener would be the 2nd home game on their schedule. Both teams basically road teams in Brazil.

Still a home game you lose… Especially opening weekend which makes it worse. Opening weekend is as close to the playoffs in terms of atmosphere. At least to me. 

New season and everyone’s hyped. Sure they still have a “home opener” but again, you’re taking that away from opening week. That’s a joke IMO.