Diggs' perspective (from Dibs')

Dibs

Jason Whitlock claims it was because he wanted to go somewhere with great strip clubs and to be closer to his brother so they could hang out: 

Jason Whitlock: “I’m going to go back to what I said a year ago... Stefon Diggs has wanted out. He went to Buffalo to pair up with Josh Allen and to win a Superbowl, and now this will be his 10th NFL season and he don't care about winning at this point. What I told y'all a year ago was he’s like ‘man, I'm up in here in Buffalo, I came out here to win Super Bowls, we're not going to win a Super Bowl, it's cold up in here, the strip clubs aren't as good, let me get to a city where the strip clubs are off the charts, and me and my brother can hang out...’ I speculated that he wanted to get to Dallas. Well, he couldn't get to Dallas, but... 

It's been years since I've been to a strip club, but I used to be a strip club connoisseur. Houston as a ‘strip club capital -- it's got to be in the top five in the country. I'd put Miami, Vegas, Portland, Houston, and Atlanta -- those are the top five. I'm telling you; people swear by Houston strip clubs, Stefon Diggs is very happy. It's not about winning at this point, it's not about stats, he's made his money, he's gotten the big contracts, he's good. He'll want to put up some numbers, but he don't really care. He's not about that life, and this ain't about winning. 

I know that Houston is all-in. they got DeMeco Ryan, the great young coach, they got the great young quarterback, Joe Mixon, they got Danielle Hunter, who had a tremendous season last year... Houston is in win-now mode. Stefon Diggs looks good on paper, but I actually think he'll end up being the problem and could throw a banana peel for the Houston Texans, who have made a lot of moves trying to win right now. 

He got 160 targets last year in Buffalo and the least amount of targets he ever got in four seasons in Buffalo was 154, so they fed him the ball. I’m not dismissing what CJ Stroud did as a rookie, but we've seen quarterbacks have great ‘years’. Josh Allen has had a great 3,4, 5-year run, but Diggs has got to be careful what he wishes for here. He may regret abandoning Josh Allen. Not the city of Buffalo and that cold weather, but Josh Allen. Josh Allen is a better quarterback than CJ Stroud and he's more proven than CJ Stroud. This could be one of those ‘Oh, the grass is greener! They got Joe Mixon! They got Danielle Hunter! DeMeco Ryans is a hot new coach! CJ Stroud is the best young quarterback in the league, and Sean McDermott and Josh Allen don’t know what they’re doing!’ The grass isn’t always greener. CJ Stroud could take a step back, and Josh Allen is NOT going to take a step back.  

Diggs put pressure on Josh Allen and he’s going to eventually do the same thing to CJ Stroud. Right now, it’s in the honeymoon phase, but these diva wide receivers, particularly with Black quarterbacks, they can get out of pocket in terms of how entitled they feel. Think about the way Terrell Owens treated Donovan McNabb. They’re putting a controversial, polarizing, and outspoken receiver paired with their hot young quarterback, and it could blow up in their face.  

I’m saying this in all seriousness and circling back to what I said in the beginning of this. The strip club culture in Houston is going to be a problem. I’m not even trying to be funny. Stefon Diggs, his brother Trevon, they like the social life, they like to get out there and party, and have a good time. They like ‘304s’ and there’s a lot of 304’s in Houston. There are some women in Houston celebrating right now ‘HEY, WE FOUND SOMEONE TO REPLACE JAMES HARDEN HERE IN HOUSTON! I called it a year ago. The guy wanted out of Buffalo, he wanted to be in a city where he could party, and he just moved to Houston.” 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/6/2024 at 7:15 AM, Dibs said:

Here I stand, watching the Chiefs celebrate, alone on the field. My teammates have all gone. Not that they don't have drive and passion, or feel the sting of loss. They do, but not like me. I feel the sting like no other. That is why my teammates, my friends, my Brothers have gone inside, and I stand here, alone on the field.

I am going to the hospital to see my fallen comrade and Brother in arms who defied death on the field today. I go as is required by what is true and right, for there is no greater bond than that of Brothers under fire. I do not think less of my teammates or coaches for all going back to Buffalo. There are not many who are burdened like I am. My heart and determination drive me onward. Though you be in a coma Dalmar, fear not, for I am coming.

I do not know for how much longer I can hold this team at this level. I tell them they need to do the things that I do to sustain greatness, but they do not listen. They do not understand for they are just Josh, or Sean, or Tre, or Von, and I am Him. I am Him upon whom my Brothers can rely. I am Him who will work, and toil, and bear the load for all. I am Him who will always stay loyal to those I love. I am Him, but they will not listen, and I fear that they will not be helped.

These thoughts were those solely of Dibs' imaginings and should in no way be taken or inferred as to be factually from Diggs' head.

We need to translate this like Diggs wrote this.

Standing watching.  
Homies fled.  Dr. Dre and Death Row.

Soldier down, Tex he was from Phoenix.

You got shot Bubba.  Always change your socks.

Michael Douglas in Fallen Down….real talk.  It doesn’t look like the picture.  What do?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Jason Whitlock claims it was because he wanted to go somewhere with great strip clubs and to be closer to his brother so they could hang out: 

Jason Whitlock: “I’m going to go back to what I said a year ago... Stefon Diggs has wanted out. He went to Buffalo to pair up with Josh Allen and to win a Superbowl, and now this will be his 10th NFL season and he don't care about winning at this point. What I told y'all a year ago was he’s like ‘man, I'm up in here in Buffalo, I came out here to win Super Bowls, we're not going to win a Super Bowl, it's cold up in here, the strip clubs aren't as good, let me get to a city where the strip clubs are off the charts, and me and my brother can hang out...’ I speculated that he wanted to get to Dallas. Well, he couldn't get to Dallas, but... 

It's been years since I've been to a strip club, but I used to be a strip club connoisseur. Houston as a ‘strip club capital -- it's got to be in the top five in the country. I'd put Miami, Vegas, Portland, Houston, and Atlanta -- those are the top five. I'm telling you; people swear by Houston strip clubs, Stefon Diggs is very happy. It's not about winning at this point, it's not about stats, he's made his money, he's gotten the big contracts, he's good. He'll want to put up some numbers, but he don't really care. He's not about that life, and this ain't about winning. 

I know that Houston is all-in. they got DeMeco Ryan, the great young coach, they got the great young quarterback, Joe Mixon, they got Danielle Hunter, who had a tremendous season last year... Houston is in win-now mode. Stefon Diggs looks good on paper, but I actually think he'll end up being the problem and could throw a banana peel for the Houston Texans, who have made a lot of moves trying to win right now. 

He got 160 targets last year in Buffalo and the least amount of targets he ever got in four seasons in Buffalo was 154, so they fed him the ball. I’m not dismissing what CJ Stroud did as a rookie, but we've seen quarterbacks have great ‘years’. Josh Allen has had a great 3,4, 5-year run, but Diggs has got to be careful what he wishes for here. He may regret abandoning Josh Allen. Not the city of Buffalo and that cold weather, but Josh Allen. Josh Allen is a better quarterback than CJ Stroud and he's more proven than CJ Stroud. This could be one of those ‘Oh, the grass is greener! They got Joe Mixon! They got Danielle Hunter! DeMeco Ryans is a hot new coach! CJ Stroud is the best young quarterback in the league, and Sean McDermott and Josh Allen don’t know what they’re doing!’ The grass isn’t always greener. CJ Stroud could take a step back, and Josh Allen is NOT going to take a step back.  

Diggs put pressure on Josh Allen and he’s going to eventually do the same thing to CJ Stroud. Right now, it’s in the honeymoon phase, but these diva wide receivers, particularly with Black quarterbacks, they can get out of pocket in terms of how entitled they feel. Think about the way Terrell Owens treated Donovan McNabb. They’re putting a controversial, polarizing, and outspoken receiver paired with their hot young quarterback, and it could blow up in their face.  

I’m saying this in all seriousness and circling back to what I said in the beginning of this. The strip club culture in Houston is going to be a problem. I’m not even trying to be funny. Stefon Diggs, his brother Trevon, they like the social life, they like to get out there and party, and have a good time. They like ‘304s’ and there’s a lot of 304’s in Houston. There are some women in Houston celebrating right now ‘HEY, WE FOUND SOMEONE TO REPLACE JAMES HARDEN HERE IN HOUSTON! I called it a year ago. The guy wanted out of Buffalo, he wanted to be in a city where he could party, and he just moved to Houston.” 

The first explanation I have heard that actually makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I didn't realize Jason Whitlock was still a thing. For anyone who hasn't followed his career, he makes a living off of taking contrarian points of view. He doesn't actually believe in anything he writes, he's just in it for clicks. Been like that for a long time. In this case, he's probably right.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:06 AM, Nephilim17 said:

Andre Reed took forever to get in and he had over 13,000 yards, 87 TDs, and made 4 Super Bowls.

Right now DIggs has: almost 10,000 yards and 67 TDs and 0 SB appearances. Long way to go. I'd bet he's out of the league after 3 more seasons with declining stats due to age. He'll probably end up around 12,000 yards and 80 TDs. WIthout the the SB's that wouldn't be enough. But if he can hang on and play till his mid 30s, who knows.

you are also comparing to an era where there were far fewer yards in the passing game. A 2020s receiver needs to solidly surpass an 80s-90s guy

right now diggs only stretch as a WR1 fit a team didn’t even have him WR1 in his division for a lot of it.

how many WRs can get in from his era?

• Agree 2

On 4/6/2024 at 7:15 AM, Dibs said:

Here I stand, watching the Chiefs celebrate, alone on the field. My teammates have all gone. Not that they don't have drive and passion, or feel the sting of loss. They do, but not like me. I feel the sting like no other. That is why my teammates, my friends, my Brothers have gone inside, and I stand here, alone on the field.

I am going to the hospital to see my fallen comrade and Brother in arms who defied death on the field today. I go as is required by what is true and right, for there is no greater bond than that of Brothers under fire. I do not think less of my teammates or coaches for all going back to Buffalo. There are not many who are burdened like I am. My heart and determination drive me onward. Though you be in a coma Dalmar, fear not, for I am coming.

I do not know for how much longer I can hold this team at this level. I tell them they need to do the things that I do to sustain greatness, but they do not listen. They do not understand for they are just Josh, or Sean, or Tre, or Von, and I am Him. I am Him upon whom my Brothers can rely. I am Him who will work, and toil, and bear the load for all. I am Him who will always stay loyal to those I love. I am Him, but they will not listen, and I fear that they will not be helped.

These thoughts were those solely of Dibs' imaginings and should in no way be taken or inferred as to be factually from Diggs' head.

Diggs perspective in short…

Here I sit

broken hearted

I came to ****

but I only farted

On your way out still just remember to flush the air biscuit, as a courtesy. 

Go Bills.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 4/6/2024 at 5:15 AM, Dibs said:

Too eloquente and grammatically correct for Diggs. 

Here I stand, watching the Chiefs celebrate, alone on the field, the spotlight is on me. My teammates, my friends, my Brothers have gone inside, together. Instead of being with my teammates I stand here, alone on the field, unaware that my actions do not display leadership. My actions shift attention to me, which is something I need. Something I will always need. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2