Beane Press Conference 4pm

Process

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I understand, and of course, they are professionals and have data we do not possess. Strangely enough, sometimes fans are right and the pros are wrong.

So, I don't know what his board looks like, but I think they should be aiming at maybe 2 WRs early. I can't see another position that now clearly has priority. 

I live near Athens. I've been saying McConkey is special, and I'm sticking with it. Get an X like Mitchell or Legette, too. Personally, I'd be fine with any of them at #28, and I have a feeling at least some real NFL boards have them higher than what folks see on the simulators.

I love McConkey, and if we somehow landed McConkey and also one of Mitchell, Coleman, or Legette I would lose my mind.

I also really like Pearsall.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Jefferson yes, he's under rookie deal.. 24 1st and 25 1st and 2nd 

Remember we also get 10.5 mil back from Tre after June

It would have to be done after 6/1 and require some restructuring. We've got maybe 4.5m right now and half of that will probably go to Draft Picks. Right now it isn't feasible without going over by a fair amount.

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

And once again, the Bills fail by putting out a live feed that only lets you hear the questions being asked but goes dead while Beane is talking.  Epic fails, this has happened countless times and they still don't fix it. Found it on WGR550 live

It's done at the media's request.. I think it's something like they want people to go and listen to it from them, but I'm sure that would never work.

4 hours ago, PBF81 said:

So far Beane's two biggest moves money wise in free-agency have both proven to be major long-term issues.  Both would have been unnecessary if he and his staff could draft a decent WR and edge-rusher.  

Which of our players besides Allen has even approached stepping up consistently come playoff time?  

In the last two seasons it hasn’t been Diggs, hell, Shakir has been there, they both dropped TD passes, and Diggs had no excuses , Diggs is good, but injury prone, he is no longer a #1, he signed to a team that he will be their #3 before the end of next season…, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

In the last two seasons it hasn’t been Diggs, hell, Shakir has been there, they both dropped TD passes, and Diggs had no excuses , Diggs is good, but injury prone, he is no longer a #1, he signed to a team that he will be their #3 before the end of next season…, 

From what I can see, absolutely no one on this team has consistently stepped up during the playoffs besides Allen.  Davis has been our best playoff performer, like him or not, regular season production being irrelevant, and the extent to which Davis was consistent also being questionable, he was our most consistent playoff performer, which isn't saying much.  

8 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

54 million in dead money this year, nice job Brandon.

They gotta reset like seriously they went a year too long to try and let the last group get the job done and they failed as usual.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I was really hoping someone would ask Brandon about cap management and if he's learned the dangers of extending players that are unstable. While Diggs' performance made the extension make sense the gamble is that he will be on the roster for the length of the extension and that is about more than just performance. 

Also, when he talked about timing, he cleverly made it about the offer and return only. The reality is the extension clearly suggests the timing the Bills were hoping to have to do this was next year. I hate to agree with all the journalists and media people that simply guess at these things, but it's pretty obvious that the only thing that would make the timing right this year is some pretty dramatic "in-house" drama. 

I would have loved for him to respond to the question about taking a step back this year with "You sure?"

Edited by Ballhawk
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

I would have loved for him to respond to the question about taking a step back this year with "You sure?"

That would have been epic.

It's obvious non-football stuff came into play and Beane won't play ball with the media by offering details. And yes, I hope he learns a lesson about extensions for players with question marks.