Who Will Be President Trump's Vice Presidential Pick ??

22 hours ago, SCBills said:

DeSantis better be 100% sure Trump is going to win if he agrees to become his VP.  

Best Conservative leader of my lifetime and he better not tie his future to a toxic loser. 

It's going to end up being someone like Pence. The only one who would take the job. I have no idea why some young Republican would hitch his/her wagon to a one term very unpopular (even if he wins) President.  I can't see someone like Rubio or Cruz or Johnson or DeSantis take the job if offered.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It's going to end up being someone like Pence. The only one who would take the job. I have no idea why some young Republican would hitch his/her wagon to a one term very unpopular (even if he wins) President.  I can't see someone like Rubio or Cruz or Johnson or DeSantis take the job if offered.

Tulsi should be the pick. 

Former Dem, but more conservative than half of the “Republicans” out there.

Has vocally stated she would accept it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4th&long said:

These people have no shame. Ben Carson for example, trump plants a story that he left a sponge in a brain and you want to be his VP? 

Why not? Then Senator Harris called Joe Biden a racist on national TV and he still picked her for Veep.  

These people (politicians) will do anything for more power and money no matter what.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Why not? Then Senator Harris called Joe Biden a racist on national TV and he still picked her for Veep.  

These people (politicians) will do anything for more power and money no matter what.

Well, there's kind of a difference between saying "I consider your 1980s policy statements to be racist" and actually working with the fake news media to make up stories (complete with photoshopped grainy photo) like "Ted Cruz's father linked to Oswald."

That's what's happened in the Trump era. People (his defenders at least) have completely lost the ability to recognize clear distinctions. No, not "everybody did it," at least not in the same outrageous way as Trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Who will Donald Trump choose as his running mate? What to know as potential VPs gather in Florida.

David Jackson, Zac Anderson

WASHINGTON Former President Donald Trump will spend part of his weekend hosting the latest episode of "The Apprentice," but this time it's the vice presidential edition.

At least six contenders for the former president's running mate – Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C.; Sen. J.D. Vance, R-Ohio; Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla.; Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y.; South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem and North Dakota Gov. Doug Bergum – will attend a Republican donor retreat Friday and Saturday in Palm Beach, Florida, in what looks like a series of auditions.

"This is a wonderful opportunity for Republican leaders and supporters to come together," says the invitation to the event, which will also include panel discussions featuring campaign officials and Republican lawmakers that are closed to the press.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/05/03/donald-trump-vice-president-running-mate/73510077007/

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

DeSantis would not be a good pick imo…Not a good debater, not personable enough, not likable enough, unless you’re going purely on policy- which many people don’t…

Plus it would look weird after Trump has made fun of him for so long, not to mention the whole high heel fiasco…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, JaCrispy said:

DeSantis would not be a good pick imo…Not a good debater, not personable enough, not likable enough, unless you’re going purely on policy- which many people don’t…

I would certainly take him , for his solid policy record.

As for his debating, well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Kamala Harris.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 4:09 PM, SCBills said:

Tulsi should be the pick. 

Former Dem, but more conservative than half of the “Republicans” out there.

Has vocally stated she would accept it. 

I wouldnt say Tulsi is more conservative on policy. Not at all really.

She's got more character and integrity than all of 'em put together though.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Plus it would look weird after Trump has made fun of him for so long, not to mention the whole high heel fiasco…😉

Those boots were made for walkin'

Choosing DeSantis would require Trump to change his official residence back to NY or to NJ in order to bypass the constitutional requirement that the Pres and VP must be from different states.

Plus the recent 6 week FL abortion law would bring that issue front and center, which they'll want to avoid.

So I don't see it.

• Agree 1