Bills Officially Sign DT Austin Johnson & DT DeShawn Williams

Oliver

DaQuan
A. Johnson
D. Williams

Eli Ankou

Maybe...hopefully....better than last year's group?   

Both of these new additions produced many more tackles in run defense than Phillips, Settle, Ford 

Could we still take a DT in Round 1 or 2?  Yes, but it would seem less likely now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oliver

DaQuan
A. Johnson
D. Williams

Eli Ankou

Both of these new additions produced many more tackles in run defense than Phillips, Settle, Ford 

Could we still take a DT in Round 1 or 2?  Yes, but it would seem less likely now

I would agree less likely unless someone unexpected drops to them. Maybe Sweat at 60 would be good value?

I do expect another guy drafted at some point though. Day 3 type. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

I would agree less likely unless someone unexpected drops to them. Maybe Sweat at 60 would be good value?

I do expect another guy drafted at some point though. Day 3 type. 

I would absolutely consider Sweat at 60 depending what WR's are on the board 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Williams is only 295 lbs. Would have preferred a DT at least 310+ lbs.

Weight isn't everything. Jordan Phillips was over 330lbs and got pushed in the run game a lot. If he's 295lbs and can still absorb the blocks so be it.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oliver

DaQuan
A. Johnson
D. Williams

Eli Ankou

It would be nice if some of them were younger and on longer deals.  I don't think this takes DT off the draft board for us, but could let us kick the can down the road to next year.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Williams is only 295 lbs. Would have preferred a DT at least 310+ lbs.

That's what DaQuan Jones and Austin Johnson are. 1TDTs. Big bodies. Run stoppers and gap pluggers.

Williams is a 3TDT. Pass rusher. Gap shooter. 295 is fine for that.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It would be nice if some of them were younger and on longer deals.  I don't think this takes DT off the draft board for us, but could let us kick the can down the road to next year.

No need to tie up extra $ on long term deals for rotational DT's 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At the least, I think it puts Beane in position to truly take BPA.

I may not *love* all of our starters, but seemingly everyone is at bridge-starter level. I might prefer a WR or DB, but if a game wrecker falls and they're a D-line or O-line piece, I can live with that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

At the least, I think it puts Beane in position to truly take BPA.

I may not *love* all of our starters, but seemingly everyone is at bridge-starter level. I might prefer a WR or DB, but if a game wrecker falls and they're a D-line or O-line piece, I can live with that.

An immediate starter at WR2  with size/speed or both  is likely to have the most impact on the team IMO 

Of course, this staff would need to actually play the draft pick.    Slow playing Cook, Kincaid and Shakir was annoying.

If we take WR at 28 or higher,   PLAY THEM IMMEDIATELY AND OFTEN! 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

An immediate starter at WR2  with size/speed or both  is likely to have the most impact on the team IMO 

Of course, this staff would need to actually play the draft pick.    Slow playing Cook, Kincaid and Shakir was annoying.

I mean I don't disagree. But if there is a run on WR and there is just no one they like and there is a guy who should have been top 15, I'll take that and pick WR in the 2nd round.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Well, they started Torrence from the first day of camp, so let's hope they are able to go that route with the WR they draft

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oliver

DaQuan
A. Johnson
D. Williams

Eli Ankou

Considering that the two backups only signed one year deals I don't see how limits us drafting a quality DT in the early part of the draft since need to find a long term answer to replace DaQuan who likely on his last contract for the next two seasons. 

• Like (+1) 2