Bills Officially Sign DT Austin Johnson & DT DeShawn Williams

56 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

And Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.  No point in taking 1st round QBs either, I guess?

Some years no.

QBs are different however since they usually only use one QB.

With WRs when depth is supposedly and team needs WRs I think taking two which team think are viable makes sense rather than spending assets to move up and take a chance on one.

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

An immediate starter at WR2  with size/speed or both  is likely to have the most impact on the team IMO 

Of course, this staff would need to actually play the draft pick.    Slow playing Cook, Kincaid and Shakir was annoying.

If we take WR at 28 or higher,   PLAY THEM IMMEDIATELY AND OFTEN! 

I’d expect another somewhat slow play considering his competition for snaps.  Diggs, samuel, shakir, Kincaid, knox.  

I don’t think any of the guys that will available at 28 will be 75% snap players in 2024.  Possibly if we trade up for Thomas or Mitchell.  

No offense to anybody but ........... Please try to understand the parameters of todays National Football League...... $$$ .....  Beane is getting all of this done without taking our Bills off the top shelf of NFL teams. .. Navigating todays evolving game. ...... the man is smart ..... glad he's on our side...... It can't be easy. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Williams is only 295 lbs. Would have preferred a DT at least 310+ lbs.

He's still heavier than Oliver he is only listed at 287 lbs which i have always thought was to small for a DT but maybe that's just me . I would and have always wanted to see them try Oliver at DE not all the time but just here & there to throw the opponent off .

They say he has a great first step & weight wise i feel is more on the DE side of things & who knows he may be better there in some respects . The Bills tried it with Jason Peters & he's now HOF LT & who knows the possibilities try it & if it doesn't produce ay fruit put him back at DT .

But if you don't try you never know ... But am glad to see Beane bringing in some guys that can hopefully stay healthier than those that were there last year .

2 hours ago, Kornfed said:

No offense to anybody but ........... Please try to understand the parameters of todays National Football League...... $$$ .....  Beane is getting all of this done without taking our Bills off the top shelf of NFL teams. .. Navigating todays evolving game. ...... the man is smart ..... glad he's on our side...... It can't be easy. 

Who do you think you are, counseling patience in this manner?  Out with you.

• Haha (+1) 1