Baltimore Harbor: Cargo Ship Hits, Causes Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

1 minute ago, Westside said:

Unfortunately when you spend all our money fixing other countries infrastructure, we left ours to crumble. Biden is the one in charge now and this falls on his lap. 

To be clear I am no Biden supporter. But to try to spin this to blame him is laughable. You have no idea what condition the bridge was in not to mention the fact that workers were on the bridge as it was hit and are in the water! 
This is why no one listens to people like you or takes you serious.

Personally I am here for the entrainment because I do not care about the draft and football is boring. You did not disappoint.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Looks like a cargo ship lost power and crashed into the bridge. 

I’m not an engineer but I don’t think bridges are built to withstand impacts like this. 

But I’m sure the usual crowd will spin this into a dumb conspiracy. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

To be clear I am no Biden supporter. But to try to spin this to blame him is laughable. You have no idea what condition the bridge was in not to mention the fact that workers were on the bridge as it was hit and are in the water! 
This is why no one listens to people like you or takes you serious.

Personally I am here for the entrainment because I do not care about the draft and football is boring. You did not disappoint.

I agree that nobody should be jumping to conclusions at this point.

But you're here for the entertainment because you're bored NOW? Man that's really saying something after all that fun you had being locked down during the pandemic. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

RIP and condolences.

prayers for the emergency responders.

the only positive is the fact it happened in the middle of the night.  

At least Berkshire Hathaway (owners of Mitsui and Co.) have deep pockets.

Honest question. Can a Ship be hacked?  Power killed?  I would imagine these floating cities have triple redundant systems in place.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

RIP and condolences.

prayers for the emergency responders.

the only positive is the fact it happened in the middle of the night.  

At least Berkshire Hathaway (owners of Mitsui and Co.) have deep pockets.

Honest question. Can a Ship be hacked?  Power killed?  I would imagine these floating cities have triple redundant systems in place.

Reports are that people saw lights flickering on and off, indicating the emergency generators were at least trying to kick on. 

It wasn’t a U.S. ship, I think it was en route to Sri Lanka 

13 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Reports are that people saw lights flickering on and off, indicating the emergency generators were at least trying to kick on. 

It wasn’t a U.S. ship, I think it was en route to Sri Lanka 

Philippine, but owned by a Japanese company that's largest shareholder is Berkshire.

its going to be interesting to see what failures caused this.

Not the first time we have seen issues with these ships.  at first, my mind went right to "evergreen"

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Philippine, but owned by a Japanese company that's largest shareholder is Berkshire.

its going to be interesting to see what failures caused this.

Not the first time we have seen issues with these ships.  at first, my mind went right to "evergreen"

Especially odd that it had just left port. It was like 30 minutes into a 27 day journey. 

• Like (+1) 2

Can't believe the bridge just came down that completely. I really thought only a section would fall, but it just all came crashing down. Major reconstruction effort will be needed to get this super important bridge first removed, and then re-built.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can't believe the bridge just came down that completely. I really thought only a section would fall, but it just all came crashing down. Major reconstruction effort will be needed to get this super important bridge first removed, and then re-built.

It’s something that needs to be rebuilt, but is not “super important” as you label it. It’s the least trafficked area of the beltway around Baltimore. There are tunnels at interstate 95 and 895 that can be used as well as the beltway around the other side of town.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

It’s something that needs to be rebuilt, but is not “super important” as you label it. It’s the least trafficked area of the beltway around Baltimore. There are tunnels at interstate 95 and 895 that can be used as well as the beltway around the other side of town.

At the moment the Port of Baltimore is closed.  I expect until after an investigation is completed and the clasped sections of the bridge are removed from the channel.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

I agree that nobody should be jumping to conclusions at this point.

But you're here for the entertainment because you're bored NOW? Man that's really saying something after all that fun you had being locked down during the pandemic. 

I’m bored with the bills side of the message board. Don’t get carried away and spin this into something it’s not. For example, now I have to go do something and you won’t see me post here for a few hours unless I check the board on my phone. Have fun.

3 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I’m bored with the bills side of the message board

In my opinion, nothing worse than draft talk, and the worst of draft talk is the mock draft. Every year there are dozens of those by the experts, and if they're lucky they'll hit on about 4 or 5 correct picks (predicted player to predicted team). So yeah, boring.

So I also wind up here a lot more after the Bills season ends ...

By the way: Nicely done by Gov Wes Moore.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In my opinion, nothing worse than draft talk, and the worst of draft talk is the mock draft. Every year there are dozens of those by the experts, and if they're lucky they'll hit on about 4 or 5 correct picks (predicted player to predicted team). So yeah, boring.

So I also wind up here a lot more after the Bills season ends ...

By the way: Nicely done by Gov Wes Moore.

Reminds me of how accurate a lot of political polling is

• Like (+1) 2

1.  Prayers for all the victims and their families.

2. Sometimes a tragic accident is just that.

3. If you want to assign blame regarding the bridges condition, then don't just name Biden, but EVERY person in congress over the past few decades (all sides)

With their fake infrastructure bills and their Trillion dollar budgets packed with nonsense. Wasting our money to buy votes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1