Terrorist Attack in Moscow Kills 60+

3 hours ago, Doc said:

This is dumb.  So is Karen (for short) saying that ISIS feels compelled to admit responsibility because Ukraine is being blamed?   Or that ISIS is lying and taking blame for the attack when it was really Ukraine?  Because ISIS is on Ukraine's side?

The point is, ISIS is hanging up a big “we did it lol” sign and weirdo anti-Ukraine types are ignoring it in favor of insane conspiracy theories 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Chechen rebels are predominantly Sunni.  ISIS is Sunni.  

Vlad is covered in the blood of thirty years worth of people whom he has slaughtered for his own twisted purposes and the Russian people have paid the price.  

Everyone here can come up with discussion points when the children of murdered Ukranians commit acts of terrorism fifteen years from now.  

This one is in the books.  

More to come later...unfortunately.  

16 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The point is, ISIS is hanging up a big “we did it lol” sign and weirdo anti-Ukraine types are ignoring it in favor of insane conspiracy theories 

Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.  It just depends on what you choose to believe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

⬆️This from the one who continuously gloats over deaths in red states to infer blue state superiority⬆️

Well you have a choice right? 

Some make bad choices.

17 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Hmmm…very curious 🤔

Thugs hired to kill Russian civilians and then flee to Ukraine…interesting indeed…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Hmmm…very curious 🤔

Thugs hired to kill Russian civilians and then flee to Ukraine…interesting indeed…

Yeah, Putin would have no reason at all to point this at Ukraine.  He would be completely reliable and unbiased.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Yeah, Putin would have no reason at all to point this at Ukraine.  He would be completely reliable and unbiased.

Given the current sad state of world affairs i don't trust or believe anyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Given the current sad state of world affairs i don't trust or believe anyone.

I don't disagree there.  I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility, but Putin isn't the guy to get information from.

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I don't disagree there.  I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility, but Putin isn't the guy to get information from.

Agree.  Every country has intelligence services that gather intelligence and information for their respective government's while mis and dis informing everybody else.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The only facts we know is they were paid and isis.  iSIS has always been a mercenary group.  So who paid, had the guns there and what not.  

You keep saying ISIS is a mercenary group. What's the proof? 

7 minutes ago, US Egg said:

You mean Russia invading Ukraine is how World War III might have started? 

Imagine this (lack of) logic being applied to the other prominent conflict: Gaza/Hamas vs. Israel. The comment would be "Israel bombing Gaza ... is this how World War III starts?"

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

Saw this quote from a Russian X posters perspective and I wasn't sure whether to insert this quote in the illegal immigration topic or here (I had some issues copy/paste so just lifted the text).  But it resonates with the situation at our southern border and expresses concerns that are eerily similar except maybe our problem is 100x larger. 

"Whenever some particularly heinous crime occurs in Russia – a terrorist attack, or child murder, or similarly depraved acts – the public debate on the return of the death penalty makes a comeback. While I am not fundamentally opposed to it – just the opposite, actually – I would like to see some systemic reforms to the Russian legal system before I’d unambiguously support such a move.

In any case, in my opinion, in the current case it’s just populism. Understandable, not incorrect per se, but still emotionally motivated. In the case of actual religious fanatics (which the Tajik terrorists don’t really seem to be), the death penalty is not really a deterrent, anyway – these people expect their demonic parody of “martyrdom” and even desire it. I suspect that Russian politicians will make a big deal out of demanding to bring back the death penalty because it omits the legal changes that would actually increase safety: a very tough stance on immigration law & enforcement, and border security.

Letting hundreds of thousands of unvetted immigrants from Central Asian countries into Russia just to satisfy the lobby network of corrupt politicians, diaspora organizations and semi-slave trading employers is a terrible, terrible mistake that has already cost Russia dearly many times. The current policies have created a huge underclass of people who are separated from Russian society through language and cultural barriers and are easily recruited into either crime or extremism.

Shooting the animals who attacked Crocus City Hall would be profoundly just, of course, but it’s not going to solve the underlying problem of uncontrolled mass migration creating the circumstances for easy terrorist recruitment – ESPECIALLY when there's a whole country, with a superpower backing it up, ready to utilize these conditions for its own goals. Uncontrolled mass migration from Central Asia is already an integral aspect of Ukrainian/NATO hybrid warfare against Russia, and it will only become worse if nothing changes".

My words: Substitute China for Ukrainian/NATO and I think that's what America is up against. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

greetings. This post made me emotional. After ALL the killing and atrocity we as PEOPLE forget politics, just people EVERYWHERE are bombarded how are we not numb by now. Right?  a Constant barrage with images of war, terrorism, rape. . This is one more example. How does a person gauge how the constant drip drip drip of blood and MESS  affects people.

I don't post about war or terrorism but trust me I am APPALLED. NOONE has instructed me about a Thing of what to do or not do. My kindredness with innocent people has no political lines hermano. Just sayin'

sad Sad SAD. heartbreaking. that's how I feel bahhh bahhh bahhh lol

9 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Plenty of reasons that there is a difference in reaction.

1. Familiarity. Lots of people have been to Paris, not so many to Moscow. 

2. Culture. France is an enlightened democracy with plenty of shared values. Russia is a totalitarian state run by a corrupt despot.

3. Coverage. Paris, as the capital of a democratic country, has a lot of news broadcasters and the amount of footage and reporting was enormous. Moscow is a totalitarian state with few foreign news teams (and limited in what they can do or where they can go). And the state run propaganda chanels are generally crap.

4. A lot of the pro-Paris stuff was from within Europe, whose nations are VERY closely tied to one another these days. Except for Putin's Russia and its satellite states, of course. 

5. Unlikely to go to war any time in the next century vs Putin says in his statements that he should be ruling at least half of Europe and have troops in Berlin.

So, yeah, there are major differences as to the reaction. With the Russian attack there is empathy for the victims but not the widespread outpouring of support as there was for Paris. It also does not help with the sympathy angele that Putin is blaming the west/Ukraine for the IS attack, which is complete bollocks.

Edited by Brit
Stupid typos