Apple Being Sued For Green Bubble Shaming

1 hour ago, boyst said:

i feel sorry for people who think iphones are special.

Yup!

Like the article said, even Apple people (iSheeple) have to wince at what Apple is trying to pull. 

Go back 25 years and they were singing a different tune. The bullied has now turned into the corporate bully... And the same people who raged against it now love it.  Shameless.

Hey, it’s just a phone.  Who has such a personal relationship with a phone? Mine does what I want it to do, it works. It’s not special, it just works. 

This reminds me of someone I worked with years ago who bought a Saturn car. It was such a big deal to them they joined a Saturn car club. I don’t have that kind of relationship with……stuff. Get a life. 

The “iSheeple” thing is an odd way to label people. I’m not big on labels, but does everyone with an Apple product fit the silly, demeaning term? It’s what I have. I’m not married to it. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Hey, it’s just a phone.  Who has such a personal relationship with a phone? Mine does what I want it to do, it works. It’s not special, it just works. 

This reminds me of someone I worked with years ago who bought a Saturn car. It was such a big deal to them they joined a Saturn car club. I don’t have that kind of relationship with……stuff. Get a life. 

The “iSheeple” thing is an odd way to label people. I’m not big on labels, but does everyone with an Apple product fit the silly, demeaning term? It’s what I have. I’m not married to it. 

It's what people do now..label people and then get offended when they in turn get labeled. 

***** all of you - from an iSheeple (😉 🤣) Green bubble = Inferior species.... 

By the way I agree with Augie - stuff is stuff - take it away tomorrow and I would not miss it.   

Edited by JoeF
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m not one to quote myself often, but @Gugny agreed with me, and it showed up in green. I thought more of him before that moment.  I’m afraid I’ll have to shun you at the next tailgate, my friend. Have a nice life. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not one to quote myself often, but @Gugny agreed with me, and it showed up in green. I thought more of him before that moment.  I’m afraid I’ll have to shun you at the next tailgate, my friend. Have a nice life. 

I took a break from iPhones about a decade ago. Bought a Motorola razr. I didn’t care for it. Rebooted all the time. Not nearly as user friendly as an iPhone. It only lasted a couple years. 

My only gripe about android phones is that they make group texts less than ideal. 

If you’re in a group text with a green bubbler, YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE GROUP!  

That’s really my only complaint. 

Other than that, to each his own. 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I took a break from iPhones about a decade ago. Bought a Motorola razr. I didn’t care for it. Rebooted all the time. Not nearly as user friendly as an iPhone. It only lasted a couple years. 

My only gripe about android phones is that they make group texts less than ideal. 

I get a new iPhone every time they send me an important update…..which makes me buy a new iPhone. 

It’s not ideal, but on my list of problems it’s way towards the bottom. 

56 minutes ago, Augie said:

I get a new iPhone every time they send me an important update…..which makes me buy a new iPhone. 

It’s not ideal, but on my list of problems it’s way towards the bottom. 

I went from a 7 to a 14. I keep mine as long as I can!

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I went from a 7 to a 14. I keep mine as long as I can!

I will NEVER upgrade until it is a problem!  Many versions ago I went into the store and the guy tried to sell me. I was there for my kids, but he wanted me to have the greatest and newest. “No way you want that old one, this is nothing like the old one. This is a thousand dollar phone!!! And everything is new!!!”

Damn, I was just figuring this one out. 

THAT was the WORST sales pitch I have ever heard in my life. 

• Haha (+1) 1

So does Jeep have to make all of their parts able to be put into a Ford?

It’s fairly asinine that they have to be subject to sharing / interfacing their proprietary technology with competing companies. Should EasyBake ovens have to be pair-able with the kitchen playsets that every little girl gets?

Does BMW get sued for jumping up and down in their commercials how much better they think their drivers are than others? When in reality BMW drivers likewise shame less expensive car owners, yet they are the ones who are known pricks who speed and weave through traffic?

As Augie writes above it’s just a phone. It’s like… “this is what our product does. It is not all things to all people. Research what you want and then decide to buy… or not.”

11 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

While they’re at it, go after those awful lightning adapters 🤮

After much kvetching by the EU courts, they have changed to USB-C charging ports starting with the 15 series on phones.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

That's it. I'm firing that baby back up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I volunteered to leave several times

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

But... If you're following,  it's not the Android that's doing that... It's the Apple that's causing the problem.  It's the walled garden of the Apple.  You're basically blaming the victim. Apple wants it this way so people buy more iPhones.  Apple has you a life customer because of what they are doing.

7 hours ago, UConn James said:

So does Jeep have to make all of their parts able to be put into a Ford?

It’s fairly asinine that they have to be subject to sharing / interfacing their proprietary technology with competing companies. Should EasyBake ovens have to be pair-able with the kitchen playsets that every little girl gets?

Does BMW get sued for jumping up and down in their commercials how much better they think their drivers are than others? When in reality BMW drivers likewise shame less expensive car owners, yet they are the ones who are known pricks who speed and weave through traffic?

As Augie writes above it’s just a phone. It’s like… “this is what our product does. It is not all things to all people. Research what you want and then decide to buy… or not.”

After much kvetching by the EU courts, they have changed to USB-C charging ports starting with the 15 series on phones.

Yeah. Half agree. But... This is like making Jeep owners use Jeep gasoline, Jeep oil. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, JoeF said:

***** all of you - from an iSheeple (😉 🤣) Green bubble = Inferior species.... 

By the way I agree with Augie - stuff is stuff - take it away tomorrow and I would not miss it.   

I think you're being disingenuous as @Augie is.  "I don't care about stuff, buy I care about stuff" argument. 

Granted... If you just made the argument that sticking with Apple is just plain easier, you'd get no complaint out of me that their devices are easier to run. Like a standard shift vehicle vs. an automatic transmission.  A lotta people can run both, like 18% of the population... But you'd never catch 13% of that 18% running the harder machine again out of choice... Why I can respect @Gugny's point... BUT he was manipulated into that point.  They got his money for life and innovation will now go down.

ONLY Apple can make both machines run smoother... They possess the easier technology to do so.   It's solely up to them,  yet they won't.  It's all about getting everyone onto the same architecture.  To Apple, we should all be driving around with Apple automatic transmissions where they get a cut of everyone's money.  Maybe they should, but only for a certain amount of time.  

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

CORRECTION: 66% know how to drive manual.  Yet, only highlights my argument. 2.8% choose to.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/12/cadillac-says-66-percent-of-american-adults-know-how-to-drive-a-manual-transmission/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/research/surprising-study-reveals-younger-drivers-are-saving-manual-transmission-cars/ar-AA1ky1JA

But... Only 20% still remember or can with immediate proficiency:

"...How many people can still drive stick?

Most estimates say that roughly 20% of Americans can still drive a stick shift car. Interestingly, the report shows that of CarMax customers who bought a manual car, the majority were younger males. In fact, manual buyers are four years younger on average than the overall average CarMax customer. This means that younger people are doing the heavy lifting to save manual transmission cars.  ..."