wtf is wrong with ny?

My MIL passed on Christmas Eve and her house has been vacant since.  My wife goes there every other day at least and we have a couple webcams set up with motion tracking. 

And it's not just NY.  Criminals have more rights than law-abiding citizens many places these days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

What happened to NY and many other places around this once great country?

Commies.

I will never agree with squatters rights laws but it's worth noting that all 50 states, including Florida, have laws regarding them.

I guess everyone is a Commie, right Roy Cohn?

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I will never agree with squatters rights laws but it's worth noting that all 50 states, including Florida, have laws regarding them.

I guess everyone is a Commie, right Roy Cohn?

Florida squatter right laws kick in after 7 years of continuous residency, which means you would have to be unaware of your property for 7years, not 3 days 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Florida squatter right laws kick in after 7 years of continuous residency, which means you would have to be unaware of your property for 7years, not 3 days 

I’m not defending this one bit - I’m just stating a fact that every state has laws about this.

Yes, Florida requires 7 years (NYS actually requires 10 years) but after 30 days, squatter’s receive some rights - just as they do in Florida, too. Look it up. 

BTW, one of the guys in the video said he signed a lease back in October and another article said the house was vacant for three years - when her parents died.

I understand tenant rights - esp when a lease is involved / but someone breaking into your home and claiming it is fkd up.

15 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

The actual question is what is right about NY ??

It goes to the point out that they are allowing the criminals to have more rights than the law abiding citizens, the ones that have actual up to date documentation that proves they are in the right & alls the other person has to do i make a claim & produce nothing WTF ?

What ever politician that allows that to happen by either thinking up such a law & voting it into being or upholds such a ignorant law needs to immediately lose their job !!  

That women god bless her needs to find the jack asses that made those laws & take them to court .

Isaiah 5; Woe to them that call evil good, and good evil, that put darkness for light, and light for darkness, that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter ! 

Welcome to America where those in the wrong and break the law are right & those that are right and abide by the law are wrong !! 

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Did DeSaster sign said bill? 

Well it sure wasn't those progressives like Talibe ! You have to have a set to stand up for whats the right thing to do & Disantis has a set, which is why he is disliked amongst the very sensitive of todays America .

14 hours ago, US Egg said:

No surprise here:

These 2 standing up for this type of law change shouldn't surprise any of us they are the reason the country is heading for the S**Ter !! 

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

everything around this story is shady

How does the guy not get found in almost a month?  How does the city even know how long he's been in there?  Fishy.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

I’m not defending this one bit - I’m just stating a fact that every state has laws about this.

I understand tenant rights - esp when a lease is involved / but someone breaking into your home and claiming it is fkd up.

This is a good starting point, shows there are things we can all agree on. As pointed out on another thread, I myself agree with Chuck Schumer's views on immigration:

"Illegal immigration is wrong, plain and simple."

"Illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who enter the US legally."

"When we use phrases like undocumented workers we convey a message to the American people that their government is not serious about combating illegal immigration. If you don't think it is illegal you're not going to say it. I think it is illegal and wrong."

If we start with fixing things we all agree on, the rest can be worked out.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do tell. 

Not sure we want to know, given the story about the body in the Highland Park Reservoir. 

24 minutes ago, T master said:

Well it sure wasn't those progressives like Talibe ! You have to have a set to stand up for whats the right thing to do & Disantis has a set, which is why he is disliked amongst the very sensitive of todays America .

I guess he's a "COMMIE" because he hasn't signed the bill yet... that's how it works, right?

53 minutes ago, T master said:

These 2 standing up for this type of law change shouldn't surprise any of us they are the reason the country is heading for the S**Ter !! 

They make no bones expressing their disdain for this country, like the left. 

They are a natural fit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Steve O said:

This is a good starting point, shows there are things we can all agree on. As pointed out on another thread, I myself agree with Chuck Schumer's views on immigration:

"Illegal immigration is wrong, plain and simple."

"Illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who enter the US legally."

"When we use phrases like undocumented workers we convey a message to the American people that their government is not serious about combating illegal immigration. If you don't think it is illegal you're not going to say it. I think it is illegal and wrong."

If we start with fixing things we all agree on, the rest can be worked out.

Did Chuck say thar recently?  Or back during Barry’s Admin, when Dems were actually for border security (because Trump wasn’t PORUS yet)?

56 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Not sure we want to know, given the story about the body in the Highland Park Reservoir. 

I feel pretty confident that Irv has never killed/had anyone killed. 

52 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I guess he's a "COMMIE" because he hasn't signed the bill yet... that's how it works, right?

Not really, there may be something others have put in there that is as they say pork that he doesn't agree with if that be the case then i'm fine with it because that stuff happens all the time in politics but i can't see him not if it is hat its suppose to be .

But that being said if it does have just the law in question & he doesn't sign it then yah he could be IMHO considered a POS for not signing it . 

25 minutes ago, US Egg said:

They make no bones expressing their disdain for this country, like the left. 

They are a natural fit.

They need to ship their A**ES to somewhere other than here !! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T master said:

Not really, there may be something others have put in there that is as they say pork that he doesn't agree with if that be the case then i'm fine with it because that stuff happens all the time in politics but i can't see him not if it is hat its suppose to be .

But that being said if it does have just the law in question & he doesn't sign it then yah he could be IMHO considered a POS for not signing it . 

The squatting laws need to be reformed. It's not fair.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Did Chuck say thar recently?  Or back during Barry’s Admin, when Dems were actually for border security (because Trump wasn’t PORUS yet)?

I feel pretty confident that Irv has never killed/had anyone killed. 

re Chuck - 2009

re Irv - Kidding of course

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

The squatting laws need to be reformed. It's not fair.

Yes i agree !! It needs to be changed to - If you don't own the property you have absolutely no right to it so stay out !! Especially when your talking about a perfectly good house that plans to be sold or even if they are not using it makes no difference it's not yours .

• 4 weeks later...