Election Interference | Donald Trump + Stormy Daniels hush money case - GUILTY

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

No one is saying every judge in every case is. 

Really?  Trump attacks anyone attacking him, he's said every judge,  every prosecutor, in every case, is corrupt. 

Clearly in this instance you've chosen to believe Trump.  You don't seem to have any deep knowledge of the case but correct me if I'm wrong.   

48 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yeah this is 100% true.  He's got one in his pocket.

Not sure I agree. 

Cannon is under-qualified and in way over her head. I think she’s just delaying everything hoping that eventually the case goes away. 

She hasn’t really been ruling for Trump. She hasn’t really been ruling at all. The handful of times she made a substantial ruling, they generally go for the special counsel. 

I don’t think her delaying the case is out of loyalty for Trump. I think it’s because she just doesn’t want to deal with it. I know it’s effectively the same result but there are ways she could seriously end this case in Trump’s favor that she doesn’t seem to be pursuing. 

Generally the whole “Trump judges” thing isn’t really a thing. Judges appointed by Trump tend to be very conservative (and a number of them have weak credentials, appointed just for ideology and age), but Trump constantly loses cases before judges he appointed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Really?  Trump attacks anyone attacking him, he's said every judge,  every prosecutor, in every case, is corrupt. 

Clearly in this instance you've chosen to believe Trump.  You don't seem to have any deep knowledge of the case but correct me if I'm wrong.   

I'm speaking for myself. I wish Trump followed me and my opinion more often

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Not really. You’ve mostly just stated that the judge and jury are biased but failed to cite any applicable precedent that would lead one to think an appeal on such grounds would be successful.

Then you loudly and clearly misstated the law applicable to this case.

Gotta say, not very convincing stuff.  

then you didn't read all of my posts

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Not sure I agree. 

Cannon is under-qualified and in way over her head. I think she’s just delaying everything hoping that eventually the case goes away. 

She hasn’t really been ruling for Trump. She hasn’t really been ruling at all. The handful of times she made a substantial ruling, they generally go for the special counsel. 

I don’t think her delaying the case is out of loyalty for Trump. I think it’s because she just doesn’t want to deal with it. I know it’s effectively the same result but there are ways she could seriously end this case in Trump’s favor that she doesn’t seem to be pursuing. 

Generally the whole “Trump judges” thing isn’t really a thing. Judges appointed by Trump tend to be very conservative (and a number of them have weak credentials, appointed just for ideology and age), but Trump constantly loses cases before judges he appointed. 

I definitely see the over her head bit but I've been taking her delays as very unusual and certainly a benefit to Trump.  Out of all his cases this one is the most black and white.  He's literally on tape admitting his guilt.  

I'm not a lawyer and your knowledge is definitely higher than mine here.  I'll have to consider this from a different angle I suppose.  Have you any opinion on her unusual amount of law clerks quitting?  Is that factoring into your view that she's in over her head?

26 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I definitely see the over her head bit but I've been taking her delays as very unusual and certainly a benefit to Trump.  Out of all his cases this one is the most black and white.  He's literally on tape admitting his guilt.  

I'm not a lawyer and your knowledge is definitely higher than mine here.  I'll have to consider this from a different angle I suppose.  Have you any opinion on her unusual amount of law clerks quitting?  Is that factoring into your view that she's in over her head?

I don’t know what to make of the clerks quitting. One I believe was pregnant and decided she couldn’t keep up with the workload. I don’t blame Cannon for that. The rest of it? No idea. 

The Trump era really puts Hanlon’s Razor to the test. If Cannon really wanted to help Trump, she could get the trial to the point where a jury is empaneled and then approve a motion for directed verdict of acquittal. Double jeopardy will have attached and Trump would escape totally free with the government unable to refile the charges. 

Maybe she’s stupid like a fox and building to that. Maybe she’s just stupid and hoping this goes away. Either is possible. I just lean towards the latter (for now). 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cohen gets eviscerated on the stand today.  Whoop. Whoop.  Keep the trials coming!  Thanks, Demented Biden.  He and his corrupt buddies winning the election for Trump.  What a mess.  

It’s amazing to hear Liberal mouth pieces saying how it was not a good day today for the prosecution but they still feel this will hurt Trump at the polls.

Because that’s what it was all about to begin with. Weaponizing the judicial system in an attempt to win an election.

Third world dictatorship stuff.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Not sure I agree. 

Also, Trump can’t be at 2 trials at once. 

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

It’s amazing to hear Liberal mouth pieces saying how it was not a good day today for the prosecution but they still feel this will hurt Trump at the polls.

Because that’s what it was all about to begin with. Weaponizing the judicial system in an attempt to win an election.

Third world dictatorship stuff.

It’s about justice. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Was it election interference?

Yes or no.

No.  And the prosecution hasn't proven it beyond a reasonable doubt despite being ready to rest their case.

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

No.  And the prosecution hasn't proven it beyond a reasonable doubt despite being ready to rest their case.

While your points about the prosecution are valid, it's noteworthy how much effort Trump put into keeping this quiet, right?

It's ironic, considering the admiration for Harrison Butker and his recent "faith-based" commencement speech, that there is such an obsession with a figure who is noted sexual predator. 

49 minutes ago, BillStime said:

While your points about the prosecution are valid, it's noteworthy how much effort Trump put into keeping this quiet, right?

It's ironic, considering the admiration for Harrison Butker and his recent "faith-based" commencement speech, that there is such an obsession with a figure who is noted sexual predator. 

There wasn't a lot of effort.  There's even evidence to suggest that Trump didn't even know about it and Cohen "fixed" it all on his own to curry favor with Trump and become his AG.

As for your last sentence, the same could be said for Slick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

There wasn't a lot of effort.  There's even evidence to suggest that Trump didn't even know about it and Cohen "fixed" it all on his own to curry favor with Trump and become his AG.

image.thumb.jpeg.b5a7e79ee2ec37298fbdb439493d5c36.jpeg

Fkn pathetic - lmao