Are you better off today than you were four years ago?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

How are your investments? 401k?

Bad enough I have to work 10 more years then I’d like - I can’t contribute what I’d like because I need to buy food and pay bills.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bad enough I have to work 10 more years then I’d like - I can’t contribute what I’d like because I need to buy food and pay bills.  

Don’t blame others for your career choices.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You gonna say that to the rest of the country experiencing similar problems? 

Aren’t you associated w the party of personal responsibility? 

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Then you better hope dems keep the white house.  I don't see how Republicans doing everything they can to make the rich richer helps you.  Or me.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Then you better hope dems keep the white house.  I don't see how Republicans doing everything they can to make the rich richer helps you.  Or me.  

Making the rich richer is all democrats have done since 2020. 

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Don’t blame others for your career choices.

I’ll blame Bidenomics.  And the Democrat party. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Making the rich richer is all democrats have done since 2020. 

I’ll blame Bidenomics.  And the Democrat party. 

You trolling or serious?  If you think dems help the rich more than Republicans that's just factually untrue. 

7 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You trolling or serious?  If you think dems help the rich more than Republicans that's just factually untrue. 

American families on average saw large gains in income and wealth from 2019 to 2022 and households became less fragile during a period marked by the severe disruptions of the COVID-19 pandemic and massive subsequent government spending, a Federal Reserve survey published Wednesday showed.

But the income gains were largest among the highest-earning families, and fastest among white families, with income at the median actually registering small declines for both Hispanic and Black families, the Fed found in its latest Survey of Consumer Finances, conducted every three years.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-income-inequality-rose-3-years-through-2022-fed-data-shows-2023-10-18/

Ten richest men double their fortunes in pandemic while incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/ten-richest-men-double-their-fortunes-pandemic-while-incomes-99-percent-humanity

Conservative MAGA Republicans that supported Covid Lockdowns knew exactly what they were doing in order to profit.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

More people died under Biden, idiot.

LMAO - I love low IQ people like you.  You should review the COVID Death Rate per 100,000 Population (Age-Adjusted) in the Past 3 Months - paints an interesting story where people are dying: CDC COVID Data Tracker: Maps by Geographic Area

And additional analysis:

The politics of COVID-19: Differences between U.S. red and blue states in COVID-19 regulations and deaths

•Political party-affiliation has shaped response efforts to the COVID-19 pandemic.

•Red states had higher COVID-19 infection rates and deaths in 2021 compared to blue states.

•Red states implemented fewer political decisions to mitigate COVID-19 than blue states.

•Biological factors such as age and obesity predicted deaths only in red states.

•Vaccination rates predicted fewer deaths in blue states.

Post-vaccine, death rates in red states were 38% higher than in blue states.

Covid death rates are higher among Republicans than Democrats, mounting evidence shows

PS: We had this exact conversation two months ago - you didn't win then and you're not winning now.

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Invest. Buy Roth IRA. 

i stopped listening to all this *****. Last year after my financial planner called me into his office. I thought I was *****. I was just hoping the news wasn’t too bad, hoping it only lost about half its value or so. Worried it lost a lot more than that.

He starts telling me what my portfolio is worth, how much it went up, it was now going to be managed by his parent company, I was going to get the white glove treatment. The lesson? Stop listening to all this political crap about the economy! I was shocked, stunned when I left. Invest, Invest invest! I don’t know how long you have to go till you retire but buy Roth IRA, 

7 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Invest. Buy Roth IRA. 

i stopped listening to all this *****. Last year after my financial planner called me into his office. I thought I was *****. I was just hoping the news wasn’t too bad, hoping it only lost about half its value or so. Worried it lost a lot more than that.

He starts telling me what my portfolio is worth, how much it went up, it was now going to be managed by his parent company, I was going to get the white glove treatment. The lesson? Stop listening to all this political crap about the economy! I was shocked, stunned when I left. Invest, Invest invest! I don’t know how long you have to go till you retire but buy Roth IRA, 

In the long-term, paying taxes up-front on Roth contributions is probably a better bet than only using a tax deferred conventional IRA with 20% withdrawal taxes. Also, many companies offer Roth 401K's along with conventional 401K's so its a good idea to check your companies plan to see if they offer that option.

• Like (+1) 1