Plans at WR?

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Shakir should be the 3rd or 4th WR option.. which, in the slot, is perfect for him. 

Gabe should have been 3rd WR option as well.. but we made him WR2. 

Unless we completely spaz out, Shakir is not entering next year in the Gabe Davis role of the past two years.  

Gabe was 3rd last year.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Gabe was 3rd last year.

No, he very clearly was not.  Dude plays almost every snap.  

Production-wise, obviously not, because he was a WR3 masquerading as a WR2, when we we didn't have a WR2 on the roster.   Unless you count Diggs deciding to turn into that for half the season, then we didn't have a WR1. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No, he very clearly was not.  Dude plays almost every snap.  

Production-wise, obviously not, because he was a WR3 masquerading as a WR2, when we we didn't have a WR2 on the roster.   Unless you count Diggs deciding to turn into that for half the season, then we didn't have a WR1. 

Davis was not the 2nd most targeted player on offense.

In theory, the Bills could be fine or even improved from last season if the following happen:

- Diggs returns to form (maybe he was injured) 

- Kincaid improves from his rookie year (likely)

- Shakir maintains his effectiveness with increased targets.

- Cook continues to improve as a pass catcher (he improved last year, why not again?)

- Knox plays well when he’s on the field (hopefully he his fully healthy this year).

Davis’ targets going to Kincaid, Shakir and Cook could be okay.

With that being said, it feels like FA is shaping up for a 1st round WR and a couple depth vet FAs.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

- Diggs returns to form (maybe he was injured) 

- Kincaid improves from his rookie year (likely)

- Shakir maintains his effectiveness with increased targets.

- Cook continues to improve as a pass catcher (he improved last year, why not again?)

- Knox plays well when he’s on the field (hopefully he his fully healthy this year).

I think the goal is all of the above happens and we add a 1st round receiver. Trading up for the 4th WR on our board.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kaenon said:

I would say, based on how things have gone, WR @ #28

I’m saying wr at #17, specifically Thomas if he’s still available. If he’s gone you stay at 28 and take your fav of worthy, Legette, Ladd, or  Adonai. My preference is Ladd but I don’t think that’s buffalo preference. Adonai has buffalo written all over them

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I feel like it's fairly likely we add a starter either  Samuel, Hollywood or trade today or tomorrow

I don’t know now. If they took he whole Josh restructure I’m right with you. But leaving $8 million makes me think it’s not happening anymore.

Glad we aren't jumping on this ridiculous WR market, and I hope Beane doesn't get desperate and buckle.

People are freaking out about Noah Brown and Darnell Mooney.  Last year the names were Jakobi Meyers and Parris Campbell.

These guys are mediocre complimentary pieces who need to be 4th-5th in the target hierarchy.  Maybe $2-3 million per year.  Not $8-10 million.

Stefon Diggs is our #1 target.  Dalton Kincaid is #2.  Khalil Shakir should be #3.  We still have Dawson Knox and James Cook.  I get the need to add another receiver.  But everyone needs to calm down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They can do it I just think there’s some budgeting going on. An internal limit on cash spending. Maybe I’m wrong.

They just forked out massive cash payments to Dawkins and Allen.  

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes. Exactly.

I love all this budgeting bull. If there was true budgeting none of this extensions or restructuring occur. Just cuz it wasn’t a full Allen restructure people think TP is being tight. It’s judicious cap management that’s happening. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What? you said you think they have a limit on cash spending? 

Yes exactly! Give me your best reason why they didn’t take all the cap they could from Josh Allen? Remember that Josh Allen isn’t going anywhere in the next 10 years. Meaning they can push his cap hits for at least 10 years.