Morse to Jacksonville

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

Jags got better we got worse with thus move

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Does Kromer agree?

Dunno what he thinks about the Jags, but yeah, he thinks we got worse.

We know that because right now we're planning on McDermott at C and Edwards at LG.

We had those guys on the team last year. Yet we started Morse at C, McDermott at LG and Edwards as 6th man on 148 plays.

So yeah, he thinks we got at least a bit worse.

We'll have to see how it all works out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Personally,  I think they wanted someone at center who could anchor better against big DT's as much as they wanted younger/healthier.

Morse could be pushed around in tight quarters and with the concussion history I think that was something he had to concede in his game to stay healthy.   Eric Wood had to adjust his game similarly after all of his injuries early in his career as well(including having his leg snapped trying to anchor against a bigger DT).

2 pages and no "see, we should have drafted Creed Humphrey 4 years ago" references? ;)

Yes, Wood was injured trying to block a bigger guy in his 2016 break, but his ankle was rolled up on from the side, and collapsed. That was the main factor.

In his 2009 injury he was downfield moving, not anchoring, and the knee was hit from the side. 

2016:   https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/11/7/13559966/eric-wood-leaves-game-with-ankle-injury-on-bills-td  (scroll down a bit, you'll find the video).

2009: just go to youtube and search wood broken leg. You'll find it many times.

As for wanting a bigger guy, I don't see McDermott as significantly tougher or better at anchoring. He's an athletic type like Morse. They could bring someone else in, but my guess is they will end up with the same type.

Edited by Thurman#1

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yes, Wood was injured trying to block a bigger guy in his 2016 break, but his ankle was rolled up on from the side, and collapsed. That was the main factor.

In his 2009 injury he was downfield moving, not anchoring, and the knee was hit from the side. 

2016:   https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/11/7/13559966/eric-wood-leaves-game-with-ankle-injury-on-bills-td  (scroll down a bit, you'll find the video).

2009: just go to youtube and search wood broken leg. You'll find it many times.

As for wanting a bigger guy, I don't see McDermott as significantly tougher or better at anchoring. He's an athletic type like Morse. They could bring someone else in, but my guess is they will end up with the same type.

Yeah Wood had an assortment of injuries which caused him to alter his game.   The torn ACL was another play where he chased a play downfield trying to get a shot on DeMarcus Ware when the play had gone away from him.   He had to become a smarter and more finesse and careful player to stay healthy and he adapted.   Morse did as well.

I think you mean McGovern but anchoring in pass pro is actually one of the strengths of McGovern's game.    He's exceptional at it.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

lawrence followed him and Gabe on social over the weekend. Lots of speculation about both going to jax followed 

the way Jax likes to pay mediocre receivers checks out on this possibility 

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You seem to be able to see into the future.., or you just had a knee jerk reaction, remember Edmunds? And the hole 🕳 he supposedly would leave in our defense? In actuality it never happened …, and we got better because of him being let go…, 

It did not occur because the HC/DC changed the defense.  That is waht good DCs do.  Wade Phillips did it between games for Bills.

21 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

It did not occur because the HC/DC changed the defense.  That is waht good DCs do.  Wade Phillips did it between games for Bills.

And so it then appears that it was no big deal Edmunds was let go then…, 

Odds are we will be fine with out Morse at center as well, being the coaches are capable of making changes at need…, 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Dunno what he thinks about the Jags, but yeah, he thinks we got worse.

We know that because right now we're planning on McDermott at C and Edwards at LG.

We had those guys on the team last year. Yet we started Morse at C, McDermott at LG and Edwards as 6th man on 148 plays.

So yeah, he thinks we got at least a bit worse.

Has this actually been stated...