Predict the first free agent the Bills sign this week from another team

Javon Kinlaw, DT, 49ers

A highly touted draft prospect out of the University of South Carolina, that I'm sure our Carolina connected decision makers know well.

He also plays DT a position we need and if he was a stock you'd certainly be buying him on the dip. I believe he's been hurt a lot, but he's got the good.

3 year deal worth "up to" $24M, that's likely more like a 2 year - $15M deal with $12M guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Are you saying that you think they’ll sign someone during the first wave or that teams will get into the second wave this week?

im saying teams are in third phase free agency already. 

Also plenty of guys sign immediately for less than a hundred million

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it would be pretty surprising if we didn’t agree to terms with multiple UFA’s by Wednesday.  Some players take their time, but many others / agents have already had discussions and know who is interested and the places they’d like to go

we likely have a couple deals in the pipeline already. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If KC can make Chris Jones cap hit less than 8 million dollars this year and add in bonuses to keep future years flexible….

then we can do the same with DJ Reader & Khalil Mack 🙃

Keep in mind, the re-structures we can do on our own. But extensions aren't guaranteed and don't get done until both Beane and the agents of the player both come to terms. 

For example, Rasul Douglas was considered a no-brainer for an extension if White were to be released. We didn't do it.

Until he can guarantee the other side is going to sign off on the extension, he has to operate as though he doesn't have that money. The only thing we can guarantee right now is the Josh Re-Structure. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If KC can make Chris Jones cap hit less than 8 million dollars this year and add in bonuses to keep future years flexible….

then we can do the same with DJ Reader & Khalil Mack 🙃

Mack would have to give us a gnarly hometown discount, if Beane even looks his way. 

I feel like they will be in on one of the young safeties Kamern Curl or Xavier McKinney. Both are great fits and very young. Julian Blackmon is the other one, a former corner who is a great fit. One of those three imo.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Estro said:

Javon Kinlaw, DT, 49ers

A highly touted draft prospect out of the University of South Carolina, that I'm sure our Carolina connected decision makers know well.

He also plays DT a position we need and if he was a stock you'd certainly be buying him on the dip. I believe he's been hurt a lot, but he's got the good.

3 year deal worth "up to" $24M, that's likely more like a 2 year - $15M deal with $12M guaranteed.

That would net the 9ers like 6 comp picks.

Beane will do what he usually does and wait. He's going to sit back, let the teams panic and overpay for players and then swoop in and clean up the scraps.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

35 minutes ago, benderbender said:

a Carolina veteran

Yeah, I am keeping an eye on Yetur Gross-Matos. He is exactly what they want in an edge guy and has been miscast somewhat in the Carolina defense. PSU guy they liked pre-draft.  

• Like (+1) 1