Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Even better then

Allen's Restructure hit. on their books as well

I was annoyed at spotrac, so I did a cap calculation with 6 million allocated to Jones and 1.5 to Lewis, but without deducting for Dawkins and Knox and we are approximately 5 million over.  Given that calculation and assuming Knox and Dawkins save us at least $6 million we are probably good unless we sign someone else.  Spotrac estimates over 11 million for our draft picks, but only a 6.7 million cap hit in our top 51.  Not sure when that cap has to be available.  

• Like (+1) 1

I am hearing rumors that the next Bills cap move that will process is a Taron Johnson extension.  

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I was annoyed at spotrac, so I did a cap calculation with 6 million allocated to Jones and 1.5 to Lewis, but without deducting for Dawkins and Knox and we are approximately 5 million over.  Given that calculation and assuming Knox and Dawkins save us at least $6 million we are probably good unless we sign someone else.  Spotrac estimates over 11 million for our draft picks, but only a 6.7 million cap hit in our top 51.  Not sure when that cap has to be available.  

Only matters when signing draft picks.  So not needed until then (Same time Tres money frees up BTW).  Also we are now at 53.  So starting with the Next signing the Cap hit will have a discount to it of 800K as one falls off the top 51. calculations.  

Overthecap seems to have a better grasp this year, I am waiting on the official NFLPA numbers that will come out right before the real UFA period starts. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Something’s gotta be off with the cap calculation or there are still some more moves still coming because we can’t field a full team right now cap wise according to the cap numbers last updated in this thread.  We wouldn’t even be able to sign any rookies, let alone fill out the rest of the roster.  

Rookies a moves for in season stuff will come from tre’s post 6/1 money. Agree we need to bring in several more free agents to fill out roster though

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The $6.7M is the cap hit for the rookies.  Each one will replace a guy already on the Top 51.  Figure $0.9M for the top 4 picks.

That's a total of $3.6M offset from the $6.7.  The rookie class when the dust settles will cost a little less than $3M in new cap needed.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont see any smaller signings right now at WR.  It doesnt make sense.  You would lose one of your compensatory for a player that you dont think would contribute and you are going to draft over likely multiple times in a Once in a Generation WR draft. 

I don’t know if we will sign a WR (we should along with a draft pick) but I don’t think this is the year we are going to be able to worry about comp picks. With the number of guys we released we need to fill out the roster and we will likely need to sign more guys than we lose as FA. Not building a complete roster this year to potentially get a 5th round next year is not worth it

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

I don’t know if we will sign a WR (we should along with a draft pick) but I don’t think this is the year we are going to be able to worry about comp picks. With the number of guys we released we need to fill out the roster and we will likely need to sign more guys than we lose as FA. Not building a complete roster this year to potentially get a 5th round next year is not worth it

Last year Beane signed a bunch of free agents at the $1.7M cost, which was under the amount that calculated out as FA gains for

compensatory pick using the formula.  I expect a number of those signing again this year.  Beane still might go for a bigger $ FA,

but only if it fits what he is doing.

Edited by ColoradoBills

7 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

Where are the holes right now?

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Where are the holes right now?

based on the numbers they kept last year at each position they still need:

2 Safties

1-2 CB

1-2 LB

2 DT

1-2 DE

2 RB

1-2 OL

2-3 WR

and they also don’t have a guy who could be KR/PR currently

That is just to get to a 53 man roster. Your also going to need completion for guys like Doyle, Hamlin and other end of roster guys

Edited by khlax3
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

based on the numbers they kept last year at each position they still need:

2 Safties

1-2 CB

1-2 LB

2 DT

1-2 DE

2 RB

1-2 OL

2-3 WR

and they also don’t have a guy who could be KR/PR currently

That is just to get to a 53 man roster. Your also going to need completion for guys like Doyle, Hamlin and other end of roster guys

Cool.  Now were you one of the ones that also said we need a Mike last year?  

Because RIGHT now bill have 53 signed (11 Picks) 

Currently have 8 CBs 

3 Safeties 

4 LBers

4 DTs

4 DEs

3 RBs

10 OL

7 WRs

and have 11 picks to come. 

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Draft

Draft

Draft

Draft

Draft

Draft

11 picks 

Yup

Only had 14 the last 2 years combined. I'm sure we won't use all 11 but 6 draftees in 23 and 8 in 22. 

Probably come out of this draft with 8-10 rookies. 

So question for the masses during a Lul.

While I am sure it is something Front Offices think of, do you think that they obsess over things Like Compensatory Picks like the fans do. I am sure they have some level of consideration as they are building their off-season plans, but do you think it gets as much time in the NFL FOs as fans give to this program?

• Like (+1) 1