Bills releasing Hines

Too bad for him, honestly, but the team has to look out for the team.

I remember a theory floated here that Beane had some agreement with Hines after some restructure or something so that the Bills wouldn't cut him. Do I remember correctly?

$5 million for a back-up RB is insane. Beane did what he had to do.

The Moss for Hines trade was a good one for both players and both teams.  Moss is a good RB who never fit into Buffalo's schemes.  The Colts use him in line with his skill set.  So the trade isn't what was bad, it was drafting him in the first place without evaluating accurately whether he'd fit.

Hines looked great as a kick returner and showed flashes of quickness and power as an RB.  I don't think the Bills need him very badly as a backup but if Cook goes down, Hines' speed could be very important until Cook returns.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

The Moss for Hines trade was a good one for both players and both teams.  Moss is a good RB who never fit into Buffalo's schemes.  The Colts use him in line with his skill set.  So the trade isn't what was bad, it was drafting him in the first place without evaluating accurately whether he'd fit.

Hines looked great as a kick returner and showed flashes of quickness and power as an RB.  I don't think the Bills need him very badly as a backup but if Cook goes down, Hines' speed could be very important until Cook returns.

agree about the trade, was good for both teams. No matter what players you have, there will always be some injuries or freak off-the-field things that happen. It’s a game of percentages.

my view is, any player who can be cut for savings on the Bills roster with little or no cap hit is a cut candidate. It’s unfortunate for those players…. Bills can’t afford to keep Hines, especially given his injury. He just caught a bad break and I hope he can get his career going again.

• Like (+1) 1

Teams make trades they don’t work out all the time. Remember when the eagles traded Edmunds and two picks for Byard? Remember how that made Howie Roseman a genius? The Eagles just released him. Half a season of a guy that didn’t put them over the hump at all cost them a 4th and a 6th. Sometimes you take a swing and miss. 

18 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

A lot of people here hang on every word he says … even when he has shown a number of times that he will say one thing and do another …

Some of it is disinformation to mislead other teams, particularly ahead of the  draft.

On 3/3/2024 at 7:38 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Why would he sign back here?  To sit on the bench or be a healthy scratch every week? 

There are teams out there that will actually utilize his talents.  

It's one of those situations where the Bills don't need him and he doesn't need the Bills.  

Dorsey vs Brady is why

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

He didn't fall off.  He was sitting on it, not moving, and some doofus crashed into him.

"But while he was stopped behind a row of boats, on the way back to return the Sea-Doo, he noticed one vessel moving in his direction, so he quickly swerved to avoid it and was struck by his friend and former track and field teammate at North Carolina State, Dylan Peebles, who was allegedly going between 20-40 MPH."

• Like (+1) 1