How often top UFA WRs get open vs single man coverage

1 hour ago, Process said:

Mooney or Samuel plus a first or 2nd round WR would be great additions. 

Though not sure we can afford those guys. 

Bourne +1st round pick would also be great and perhaps more realistic. 

I loved Bourne as an in season trade candidate but now he's coming off an ACL tear so he's not on my short list. I will bang the drum though for Noah Brown who has similar size and skill set that Gabe does and likely a lot cheaper. Toss in he showed last year in Texas he could be a pseudo WR1 when others around him got hurt. I also like the idea taking a WR early yet more into liking taking one after round 1 as feel we need a quality DE and to me harder to find that after round 1 than a WR. I mentioned Brown and Ja'Lynn Polk in Round 2 and then taking a guy like Cornelius Johnson in Round 5. 

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I loved Bourne as an in season trade candidate but now he's coming off an ACL tear so he's not on my short list. I will bang the drum though for Noah Brown who has similar size and skill set that Gabe does and likely a lot cheaper. Toss in he showed last year in Texas he could be a pseudo WR1 when others around him got hurt. I also like the idea taking a WR early yet more into liking taking one after round 1 as feel we need a quality DE and to me harder to find that after round 1 than a WR. I mentioned Brown and Ja'Lynn Polk in Round 2 and then taking a guy like Cornelius Johnson in Round 5. 

Eh even off an ACL I like him as a cheap #4/5 with a history of production. Def not a  starter. 

That's assuming they think he'll be ready to start the season. That's s big question mark. If not than forget it. 

Brown is a good option as well. 

Edited by Process

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He use to be near the top. He fell.

Diggs went from 7th open score to 21st. This is WR/TE. Not too bad of a drop, but a significant drop.

Diggs went from 4th overall to 67th. 😬

https://espnanalytics.com/rtm/

those are different analytic processes. pff was one version and espn was something else. based on targets or something i forgot.

2 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Samuel is my #1 target, this further supports my steadfast belief that he's a massive upgrade to #13. 

he’s 27.  5’11 which is taller than I expected to see and ran a 4.3  40.

His floor is an instant upgrade from Sherfield 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sherfield? He’d be our Gabe Davis replacement.

would prefer him to be WR3

Diggs

Rookie

Samuel

Shakir (mostly slot)

Rookie

Shorter

it looks like he did have an impressive season under Brady with 851 receiving and 200 rushing

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

Rookie

Samuel

Shakir (mostly slot)

Rookie

Shorter

it looks like he did have an impressive season under Brady with 851 receiving and 200 rushing

60% o Samuel's snaps that year were in the slot, if we sign him we'd have to kick Shakir outside, not sure that's the best way to use him since he excelled in slot last year. 

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs

Rookie

Samuel

Shakir (mostly slot)

Rookie

Shorter

Yeah. That would be a nice group, especially with Kincaid and Cook.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

60% o Samuel's snaps that year were in the slot, if we sign him we'd have to kick Shakir outside, not sure that's the best way to use him since he excelled in slot last year. 

I think they’d be interchangeable. He and Shakir would be similar roles though. 

Bills might be looking for straight field stretchers. I wouldn’t be shocked if they draft 2 sprinters. Samuel is more of a horizontal WR. Get the ball in his hands.

I don’t really know enough about Brady. As OC in Buffalo he was very much horizontal with his play calling. A lot of WR screens. Samuel fits that more than even Diggs does. So does Shakir.

If you want to find the guys that have the greatest value in impacting a playoff game, just look at the data for December onwards.

After our last two playoff exits, I'm more convinced that when evaluating free agents and college players, you eliminate the first 1-2 months of play and evaluate their performance once they are tired and injured.

You don't want to spend money on the September stats machines.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.