My Rankings of Alabama Draft Eligibles.....

Bill from NYC

Disclaimer: I am not posing as or pretending to be a scout or some sort of "expert." I do just watch and tape all of their games, and for this reason alone I feel as if I might have some insight as to how they may fit into the NFL (and hopefully the Bills in some cases).  OK, here goes.......

1) Chris Braswell - Edge

Chris is listed at 6'3/255. He doesn't look that heavy but he might be because he is as strong as an ox. I  have seen him more than once shove a offensive lineman into a QB and knock them both over. He is a vicious pass rusher. The combines will tell us a lot about his speed. I saw him try to cover on a few rare occasions with mixed results. He is a bull rusher, not a cover lb. He didn't play much before this season whereas he sat behind Will Anderson and Dallas Turner. I see him as going somewhere between very late first and early 3rd. 

2) Kool Aid McKinstry - CB

Kool Aid is tall and lanky at 6'1"/195. Good but not great tackler. Good speed, covers well and is consistent. Saban took him off of punt return duties because a few times he called for fair catches when there was room to run, and fumbled a few others. He looks to be more of a zone corner imo. Based on the popularity of corners in the draft, he will probably go somewhere in round one. Is he Patrick Surtain? No.

3) Will Reichard - PK

Very consistent and does well in pressure situations. Not THE greatest distance range but he has improved in each of his years at Bama, and holds the NCAA record for most points. I think that he will have much success in the NFL but it is hard to predict where kickers will be drafted. Saban loves the kid.

4) Jase McClellan - RB

Good, consistent, versatile RB. He doesn't have outstanding strength or speed but he is not slow or weak. His biggest asset (imo) is his ability as a receiver. That said, he really is an all purpose back who plays hard and is a decent blocker. Jase is a late round pick imo.

5) Jermaine Burton - WR

Burton played two seasons at Bama (transfered from UGA). Jermaine has good speed, very good hands and seems to get open with ease. He would appear to be a terrific target for Josh. I think that his stats were hampered by having Milroe at QB. Milroe did not make quick decisions and runs quite often, and I suspect that Burton was frustrated at times.  Now, a couple of people who claim  to have inside info told me that he is a bit of a head case. I have no idea if this is true but this kid can play. Would I like to see him on the Bills? Absolutely, and I don't see him listed as a first round pick in most mock drafts. I think that he will last until round 2 but who really knows?

6) Dallas Turner - Edge

Very talented, extremely consistent player. Smart, strong, fast, and VERY quick pass rusher. He can even cover. He didn't miss a beat after Will Anderson left for the NFL and will probably continue to improve. Early to mid first round pick imo.

7) JC Latham - OT

JC was projected to play LT this season but his weight balooned up and he played the right side. He has AMAZING strength. I am talking about insane amounts of weights that he pushes around and he is still agile. An ex-Alabama player told me that he thinks that the weight gain is simply due to over eating. This will probably cost him millions of dollars in terms of his draft slot. I'm a bit put off by overweight RTs. I guess I am still recovering from Mike Williams syndrome lol. That said, he was crushing folks on the right side.

😎 Terrion Arnold - CB

😎 Terrion is a great player imo. He covers, blitzes, is strong, and defends the run. He gets less discussion than Kool Aid but I think he is a better player. He is listed at 6'0"/196 but plays bigger. He is said to be very smart and a hard worker. Saban loves this kid. He will probably gain some weight and muscle in the NFL and could wind up at safety, I don't know. What I do strongly believe is that some NFL team is going to be very lucky to draft this kid. He might last until round 2.

9) Justin Oboigbe - DE

Solid, much improved player in 2023. Big strong kid. Held the edge well and good pass rusher. Combines will be interesting. Listed at 6'5'/295. He was hurt in 2022, came back strong last season. Very interesting player, will probably go in the 3rd or 4th round.

10) Jaylen Key - S

Only played one season at Bama and was not a starter. When he did play he was very good. He will be a late round pick or a UDFA.

11) Trezman Marshall - ILB

Good if unspectacular player. Another Georgia transfer. Plays hard, could make an NFL roster. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 9

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

3 DB’s in this list? Who are you and what have you done with @Bill from NYC

LOL I think that Terrion Arnold is a special player. This was also an Alabama team that was different from the past few seasons. There was no Waddle, Davonta, Ridley, Ruggs, Jameson Williams, etc. That said, Burton is a player.

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Disclaimer: I am not posing as or pretending to be a scout or some sort of "expert." I do just watch and tape all of their games, and for this reason alone I feel as if I might have some insight as to how they may fit into the NFL (and hopefully the Bills in some cases).  OK, here goes.......

1) Chris Braswell - Edge

Chris is listed at 6'3/255. He doesn't look that heavy but he might be because he is as strong as an ox. I  have seen him more than once shove a offensive lineman into a QB and knock them both over. He is a vicious pass rusher. The combines will tell us a lot about his speed. I saw him try to cover on a few rare occasions with mixed results. He is a bull rusher, not a cover lb. He didn't play much before this season whereas he sat behind Will Anderson and Dallas Turner. I see him as going somewhere between very late first and early 3rd. 

2) Kool Aid McKinstry - CB

Kool Aid is tall and lanky at 6'1"/195. Good but not great tackler. Good speed, covers well and is consistent. Saban took him off of punt return duties because a few times he called for fair catches when there was room to run, and fumbled a few others. He looks to be more of a zone corner imo. Based on the popularity of corners in the draft, he will probably go somewhere in round one. Is he Patrick Surtain? No.

3) Will Reichard - PK

Very consistent and does well in pressure situations. Not THE greatest distance range but he has improved in each of his years at Bama, and holds the NCAA record for most points. I think that he will have much success in the NFL but it is hard to predict where kickers will be drafted. Saban loves the kid.

4) Jase McClellan - RB

Good, consistent, versatile RB. He doesn't have outstanding strength or speed but he is not slow or weak. His biggest asset (imo) is his ability as a receiver. That said, he really is an all purpose back who plays hard and is a decent blocker. Jase is a late round pick imo.

5) Jermaine Burton - WR

Burton played two seasons at Bama (transfered from UGA). Jermaine has good speed, very good hands and seems to get open with ease. He would appear to be a terrific target for Josh. I think that his stats were hampered by having Milroe at QB. Milroe did not make quick decisions and runs quite often, and I suspect that Burton was frustrated at times.  Now, a couple of people who claim  to have inside info told me that he is a bit of a head case. I have no idea if this is true but this kid can play. Would I like to see him on the Bills? Absolutely, and I don't see him listed as a first round pick in most mock drafts. I think that he will last until round 2 but who really knows?

6) Dallas Turner - Edge

Very talented, extremely consistent player. Smart, strong, fast, and VERY quick pass rusher. He can even cover. He didn't miss a beat after Will Anderson left for the NFL and will probably continue to improve. Early to mid first round pick imo.

7) JC Latham - OT

JC was projected to play LT this season but his weight balooned up and he played the right side. He has AMAZING strength. I am talking about insane amounts of weights that he pushes around and he is still agile. An ex-Alabama player told me that he thinks that the weight gain is simply due to over eating. This will probably cost him millions of dollars in terms of his draft slot. I'm a bit put off by overweight RTs. I guess I am still recovering from Mike Williams syndrome lol. That said, he was crushing folks on the right side.

😎 Terrion Arnold - CB

😎 Terrion is a great player imo. He covers, blitzes, is strong, and defends the run. He gets less discussion than Kool Aid but I think he is a better player. He is listed at 6'0"/196 but plays bigger. He is said to be very smart and a hard worker. Saban loves this kid. He will probably gain some weight and muscle in the NFL and could wind up at safety, I don't know. What I do strongly believe is that some NFL team is going to be very lucky to draft this kid. He might last until round 2.

9) Justin Oboigbe - DE

Solid, much improved player in 2023. Big strong kid. Held the edge well and good pass rusher. Combines will be interesting. Listed at 6'5'/295. He was hurt in 2022, came back strong last season. Very interesting player, will probably go in the 3rd or 4th round.

10) Jaylen Key - S

Only played one season at Bama and was not a starter. When he did play he was very good. He will be a late round pick or a UDFA.

11) Trezman Marshall - ILB

Good if unspectacular player. Another Georgia transfer. Plays hard, could make an NFL roster. 

I hope the Bills draft Kool Aid just based on his nick name. That’s gotta be the best one yet. Where in NYC are u from ? 

I have Arnold as my CB1 in the class and he is my top ranked 'Bama player. Him and Turner are the two definite firsts on my board. I have Kool-Aid as a borderline first. I actually think he probably has some of the best press man coverage traits at the top of this corner class. Consistency is the question mark I have for him, especially under the deep ball and against more physical receivers. 

I don't see a first round player in Braswell - "bull rusher" - is the right description, not sure I see an array of pass rush moves or a lot of bend. He is a #2 defensive end in base who you might take off the field or shunt inside in obvious pass situations in my view. Anywhere on day 2 wouldn't surprise me, from top of 2nd to late 3rd. JC Latham is not a first rounder either to me. He is a right tackle only, so that takes round 1 out of the equation for me. I'm not sold that he is a high floor guy either for the reasons @Bill from NYC alluded to. If you want high ceiling right tackles I'd take Guyton and Mims before him. If you want high floor OT who could play either side I'd take Jordan Morgan ahead of him. Latham is my OT7 and a late 2nd round grade. 

Jermaine Burton is intriguing. Pure tape grade I gave him a late 2nd. Love the separation and play speed (even if he might run mid 4.4s I think he plays as fast as some of the fliers) but I worry about strength and ability v press man and again consistency is a bit of an issue. Not sure you see the same effort every play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Jermaine Burton is intriguing. Pure tape grade I gave him a late 2nd. Love the separation and play speed (even if he might run mid 4.4s I think he plays as fast as some of the fliers) but I worry about strength and ability v press man and again consistency is a bit of an issue. Not sure you see the same effort every play. 

He got MUCH better last season than he was when he first arrived. Two seasons ago I heard one ex-player say that he lacked effort but last year he was very good. He has great hands and makes the tough catches. Again, playing with Milroe makes it harder to judge him. 

I'm not hating on Milroe but I'm hoping that Coach DeBoer will have a full QB competetion this season.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Agree 1

On 2/19/2024 at 9:04 AM, Bill from NYC said:

5) Jermaine Burton - WR

You don't have to have inside info to know Burton is a bit of a head case. There is plenty of public evidence. That being said I like him as a WR prospect for the Bills. Maybe he grows up a bit and the maturity stuff makes him slide to an area where he's a no-brainer... We'll see...B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.