2024 New York Yankees...........start season with 4 game sweep of Houston

BADOLBILZ

MLB takes a lot of criticism.  IMO most of it is from impatient children who demand a sport with instant gratification.  That said, opening day should be a big deal/marketing opportunity.  Today’s schedule includes:

Angels at Orioles

Brewers at Mets

This year is way better than most so maybe they’re learning but couldn’t those games have flipped who was home?  It’s not like they’re not playing each other later in the year.  I get it’s not easy because there are road trips that involve multiple hops but still.  You can plan the first week to 10 days with dome and good weather teams at home and go from there.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

MLB takes a lot of criticism.  IMO most of it is from impatient children who demand a sport with instant gratification.  That said, opening day should be a big deal/marketing opportunity.  Today’s schedule includes:

Angels at Orioles

Brewers at Mets

This year is way better than most so maybe they’re learning but couldn’t those games have flipped who was home?  It’s not like they’re not playing each other later in the year.  I get it’s not easy because there are road trips that involve multiple hops but still.  You can plan the first week to 10 days with dome and good weather teams at home and go from there.

Pretty sure Brewers Mets was moved to tomorrow, just like Atl at Phi

And I agree, Atlanta always seems to start the year in colder areas

5 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Pretty sure Brewers Mets was moved to tomorrow, just like Atl at Phi

And I agree, Atlanta always seems to start the year in colder areas

I remember a few years of TB @ NYY.  It makes no sense.

• BADOLBILZ changed the title to 2024 New York Yankees...........start season with 4 game sweep of Houston

It's early and they definitely stole a couple of those games...but you have to love what Soto is bringing so far and the effect he's having on the other guys.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

On 3/28/2024 at 8:45 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Angels at Orioles

Brewers at Mets

It takes a lot of criticism because it's a slow sport with a lot of routine plays and that gets boring.

6 hours ago, LeviF said:

It's early and they definitely stole a couple of those games...but you have to love what Soto is bringing so far and the effect he's having on the other guys.

It’s amazing what a difference one guy with plate discipline can bring.  

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, LeviF said:

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It’s amazing what a difference one guy with plate discipline can bring.  

Giving Judge that contract was asinine. 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why? It's only their money, not like there's any salary cap repercussions. They just spend if they want too.

I think it's great.

Well, there’s that whole “winning in postseason” thing. 

He can’t hit against decent pitching. There’s more of that in the post season and his bat goes more silent than Helen Keller. 

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, there’s that whole “winning in postseason” thing. 

He can’t hit against decent pitching. There’s more of that in the post season and his bat goes more silent than Helen Keller. 

No lies detected. 

Judge in his career is .211 in the postseason, with 25 walks and 66 strikeouts. 

Notably he has zero intentional walks in the playoffs. 

5-0. Keep it going. I think it was Yogi Berra who said every team wins 50 and loses 50 (barring an extreme case like the 62 Mets.) It's what you do in the other 62 that determine what kind of season a team will have. I am enjoying this great start so far.

Nestor with 8 shutout innings. Volpe and Soto with 3 run HR's. 9-2 record. So far so good. Long season and there will be bumps along the way, but I am loving this start.

• Like (+1) 1

Wonder if Vegas has an over/under on Tommy John surgeries this season? 

Pitch clock or not, humans routinely and regularly throwing anything 90-100 m.p.h. is pushing the limits of the arm.

…..then adding the wrist wrenching spin?

Somethings gonna give.