Allen needs to mentally overpower Mahomes

16 minutes ago, Success said:

That wasn't the narrative I heard - nationally, or here.  Especially not "win comfortably."  Personally, I thought there was a chance we could have a good win, but I'm one of the biggest homers here, and got my usual round of laughing & eyeroll emojis.  It was nowhere near "prevailing."

As I said: most thought the Bills were too banged up, especially after the losses in the Pitt game.  Even your guy Wright said that.  And it was a huge concern here on this board.

No offense, but you seems to fabricate a lot of stuff.  Or maybe just misremember.

I did see some posters voicing concern about the injury to Bernard and such in various threads, but if you pull up the pregame predictions thread, you'll see that almost everyone predicted the Bills to win. Most by multiple scores. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

But you're preaching to the choir, man. KC's defenses have been worse than Buffalo's every year before this one. In both the regular season and postseason. They've allowed 30+ in 5 playoff games and played poorly in several others. As beebe has pointed out, Buffalo's defense has played fine against just about everyone but KC. Allen has the same problem as every other QB in the league. His defense can't shut down KC. Sure, you can talk about the SB in Tampa or the second half vs Cincy a few years ago, but those are outliers.

I see people mention Buffalo's loss to Cincinnati a lot. Do you think Cincinnati's 27 points were the problem, or the 10 pts that the Bills scored? Who are you going to beat in the playoffs with 10 pts? 27 was a pretty average number for that Bengals team. You can't expect to shut down offenses of that caliber, especially in the postseason. 

Let me ask you this...prior to this year, how do you think KC's defenses would have fared against their offenses in the playoffs? If there were a way to prove it, I'd bet you any amount you wanted that they'd fare worse than Buffalo has. 

I'd say the Bills/Bengals game was a lot like the Chiefs/Bucs game. Bills and Chiefs both came out flat and got dominated at the LOS. The QB did what they could, but the rest of the team was atrocious (offense and defense). 

Chiefs allowed 31 points to the Texans in a playoff win. However, 7 of those points came on a blocked punt and another 7 came on a 6 yard drive after a muffed punt. You guys forced 4 turnover on downs, 1 fumble, and 3 punts. Despite the 31 points this was a significantly better DEF performance than the 27 points allowed by the Bills vs Bengals (or the most recent Chiefs game). 

Even the Chiefs D performance against the Eagles is better than any Bills loss. 2 forced punts and a turnover that the DEF returned for a TD. 

52 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

I did see some posters voicing concern about the injury to Bernard and such in various threads, but if you pull up the pregame predictions thread, you'll see that almost everyone predicted the Bills to win. Most by multiple scores. 

So, you're judging what was said about the pregame predictions from what you read on a "Buffalo Bills Message Board"?!?........do you honestly think Bills fans are going to slight the team, put them in a bad light or degrade their team on their OWN message board leading up to the biggest game of the year for the franchise?

Wow kid.....just wow.

Move along now......nothing to see here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

So, you're judging what was said about the pregame predictions from what you read on a "Buffalo Bills Message Board"?!?........do you honestly think Bills fans are going to slight the team, put them in a bad light or degrade their team on their OWN message board leading up to the biggest game of the year for the franchise?

Wow kid.....just wow.

Move along now......nothing to see here.

You might want to read what I was responding to and then it will make sense. 

18 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

You might want to read what I was responding to and then it will make sense. 

Nothing you've said for 12 pages makes any sense.

Move along now.......nothing to see here.

On 2/20/2024 at 8:58 AM, SaulGoodman said:

Wtf?

It's a Bills message board you idiot😆

Besides, you need to fly over to the 9ers board pronto.🧚‍♀️

They're dissing Mahomes again and you're not there to stroke and fondle his ........

public image and legacy 

17 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Wtf?

It's a Bills message board you idiot😆

Besides, you need to fly over to the 9ers board pronto.🧚‍♀️

They're dissing Mahomes again and you're not there to stroke and fondle his ........

public image and legacy 

Before you call somebody an idiot, you might want to actually read the conversation. I was told that few were predicting or expecting a Buffalo win (and especially not a comfortable win). I didn't say that I was surprised to see predictions of a Buffalo win. 

And while I'd expect to see a lot of predictions of a Bills win, if fans were so concerned about injuries and felt they were at a disadvantage, I wouldn't expect to see a lot of predictions of blowouts. Would you? But there were many. 

Edited by SaulGoodman

I don't like this phase of the offseason.  Mental arm wrestling matches and such. 

I can't wait until we get to the training camp sleeper threads.  That 9th WR on the depth chart that's going to revolutionize the sport.  I bet he'll be a Williams of some sort this year; we've been short on Williams-eses for a while since Kyle retired. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/20/2024 at 11:58 AM, SaulGoodman said:

WAIT!

Wait, wait, wait!

You saw that fanatical fans of a football team were super hopeful that their team was gonna kick ass before a big game, hoping against hope that this was gonna be the time it FINALLY happened? Yeah, definitely disrespecting Drunk Pat Sr.’s son. See, now that is disrespect.

Also, imagine being so stuck on the nuts of a twenty something man that you go message boards to defend his “honor.” 

And by the way, the lack of respect you show for father of the year Andy Reid is horrifying. It’s not all Patrick and I for one am disgusted that you give all the credit to him. 

39 minutes ago, Jim said:

Also, imagine being so stuck on the nuts of a twenty something man that you go message boards to defend his “honor.” 

And by the way, the lack of respect you show for father of the year Andy Reid is horrifying. It’s not all Patrick and I for one am disgusted that you give all the credit to him. 

Ha...not the reason I come to this board, but no one is more stuck on a QB's nuts than Bills fans and Allen. Now imagine if he had 3 rings and two MVPs in six seasons. 

56 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Ha...not the reason I come to this board, but no one is more stuck on a QB's nuts than Bills fans and Allen. Now imagine if he had 3 rings and two MVPs in six seasons. 

You think we'd be on the boards of teams that hadn't won a ring yet clamoring for even MORE credit & praise for Allen?  Like, literally within days of winning another SB?

I wouldn't be. Not a chance.

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

So now you’re here to play “I know you are but what am I?”

And no, at least in my case I am not obsessed with a twentysomething I’ve never met who plays football. I feel no need to defend how great he is, nor do I post Twitter posts about how great he is every hour.

I love football but I have to admit that the way people have based their identities on these guys is creepy. When I see things like this guy who goes to another teams board to do whatever it is this “Saul” guy who doesn’t use his real name does, or I see people on Twitter posting 50 times a day about Tua/Josh/Pat/whoever it’s just pathetic. It confirms to me that this stuff is their life. It’s sad.

1 hour ago, Success said:

You think we'd be on the boards of teams that hadn't won a ring yet clamoring for even MORE credit & praise for Allen?  Like, literally within days of winning another SB?

I wouldn't be. Not a chance.

People can keep saying that I'm clamoring for praise, but it doesn't make it true. 

Btw, there were Bills fans creating threads on the KC board like "The Bills will take the AFC this season." If the roles were reversed, do you think I'd be doing that? Not a chance.

It's pretty easy to make claims that no one can disprove (but I actually wouldn't do that). 

Edited by SaulGoodman

12 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

People can keep saying that I'm clamoring for praise, but it doesn't make it true. 

Btw, there were Bills fans creating threads on the KC board like "The Bills will take the AFC this season." If the roles were reversed, do you think I'd be doing that? Not a chance.

It's pretty easy to make claims that no one can disprove (but I actually wouldn't do that). 

You've said a few times that Mahomes isn't getting enough credit on here...no?

At one point, you said no one here was giving him credit.  Which you later corrected when it was pointed out that most here praise him.

Edited by Success

1 hour ago, Jim said:

So now you’re here to play “I know you are but what am I?”

And no, at least in my case I am not obsessed with a twentysomething I’ve never met who plays football. I feel no need to defend how great he is, nor do I post Twitter posts about how great he is every hour.

I love football but I have to admit that the way people have based their identities on these guys is creepy. When I see things like this guy who goes to another teams board to do whatever it is this “Saul” guy who doesn’t use his real name does, or I see people on Twitter posting 50 times a day about Tua/Josh/Pat/whoever it’s just pathetic. It confirms to me that this stuff is their life. It’s sad.

First of all, who uses their real name on an anonymous board? If that somehow makes you less "pathetic," then I guess you're less pathetic than 99% of fellow Bills fans and the entire internet. 

My identity isn't based on a football player or team. If there's anything creepy around here, it's the insistence that Allen can do no wrong and branding him "Superman." I wouldn't be surprised if some people from that part of the country actually worship him. 

5 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

First of all, who uses their real name on an anonymous board? If that somehow makes you less "pathetic," then I guess you're less pathetic than 99% of fellow Bills fans and the entire internet. 

My identity isn't based on a football player or team. If there's anything creepy around here, it's the insistence that Allen can do no wrong and branding him "Superman." I wouldn't be surprised if some people from that part of the country actually worship him. 

I don't think I've seen anyone here use the word "Superman," or even say he could do no wrong.

We think he's a top tier QB. Which apparently you don't, since you said you don't think he would have done "much" with a team Mahomes won a SB with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.