Allen needs to mentally overpower Mahomes

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't think I've seen anyone here use the word "Superman," or even say he could do no wrong.

We think he's a top tier QB. Which apparently you don't, since you said you don't think he would have done "much" with a team Mahomes won a SB with.

I must be in the Twilight Zone, because you keep telling me that no one says things that I see all the time. I’ve literally seen “Allen has to be Superman” numerous times. And others will say that he has to carry the team. He’s not carrying a bunch of bums. He has a very good supporting cast, which many will admit when making a different argument. 

And I just said a few posts back that Allen and Mahomes are in a tier of their own. Which is pretty high praise considering there are other QBs who have won multiple MVPs, been to Super Bowls, etc. But I would rank Mahomes higher, as would most experts and media people. And as you likely would if you weren’t a Bills fan. 

Also, I never said that Allen wouldn’t have done much. Someone here told me that Allen would have won 6 SBs with Reid and I said probably not. I didn’t say he wouldn’t have done well. 

15 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't think I've seen anyone here use the word "Superman," or even say he could do no wrong.

Do a search for "Superman" on this forum. You'll retrieve 1856 results and 75 pages worth of usages. More specifically, do a search that includes both "Josh" and "Superman" and you'll find 330 results and 14 pages. Hope this helps. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, beebe said:

Do a search for "Superman" on this forum. You'll retrieve 1856 results and 75 pages worth of usages. More specifically, do a search that includes both "Josh" and "Superman" and you'll find 330 results and 14 pages. Hope this helps. 

The KC fans really adore ya.

Thanks for the tip.

15 minutes ago, beebe said:

Also, any context on that?

I did the search.  The vast majority of references seem to be game threads, where Josh makes a great play and someone says "he's Superman!"  Kind of like fans do the "he is HIM."  Basically every fanbase does that.

I also see quite a few "Allen needs to be Superman for us to win," or that kind of thing.

I'm sure you'll search further to find ways to prove me wrong or something, but context is important on this one.  There is far more "Allen needs to improve" on this board than "Allen can do no wrong," which our KC friend contended in his neverending quest for Mahomes credit.

Edited by Success
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Success said:

Also, any context on that?

I did the search.  The vast majority of references seem to be game threads, where Josh makes a great play and someone says "he's Superman!"  Kind of like fans do the "he is HIM."  Basically every fanbase does that.

I also see quite a few "Allen needs to be Superman for us to win," or that kind of thing.

I'm sure you'll search further to find ways to prove me wrong or something, but context is important on this one.  There is far more "Allen needs to improve" on this board than "Allen can do no wrong," which our KC friend contended in his neverending quest for Mahomes credit.

He doesn't have to be Superman for them to win. He's supported by a good running game, good receiving weapons (including two good TEs), good tackles, and a very good defense (yes, yes, their LB situation vs KC wasn't ideal, I get it). 

If the Bills were to add one more solid WR and maybe bolster the interior line a bit, their offense would be absolutely loaded. I don't get the narrative that he has to carry a bunch of scrubs. 

2 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

He doesn't have to be Superman for them to win. He's supported by a good running game, good receiving weapons (including two good TEs), good tackles, and a very good defense (yes, yes, their LB situation vs KC wasn't ideal, I get it). 

If the Bills were to add one more solid WR and maybe bolster the interior line a bit, their offense would be absolutely loaded. I don't get the narrative that he has to carry a bunch of scrubs. 

No one said he has to carry a bunch of scrubs.  He didn't have a great WR corps this year, though.  Harty & Sherfield didn't pan out.  Diggs started off great, but wasn't close to himself the last few months; I am fairly sure he was trying to work through an injury.  Davis is incredibly inconsistent, and was hurt at the end.  All of the all-22 stuff for the Bills showed epic problems w/ the receivers getting separation.

Sure, Mahomes had a similar bad situation there.  But he had a much better D - certainly at the end of the season & in the playoffs.

Allen has had to do more for the Bills than most QB's have to do for their teams.  I really don't think that's disputable.

40 minutes ago, Success said:

No one said he has to carry a bunch of scrubs.  He didn't have a great WR corps this year, though.  Harty & Sherfield didn't pan out.  Diggs started off great, but wasn't close to himself the last few months; I am fairly sure he was trying to work through an injury.  Davis is incredibly inconsistent, and was hurt at the end.  All of the all-22 stuff for the Bills showed epic problems w/ the receivers getting separation.

Sure, Mahomes had a similar bad situation there.  But he had a much better D - certainly at the end of the season & in the playoffs.

Allen has had to do more for the Bills than most QB's have to do for their teams.  I really don't think that's disputable.

The narrative all year was that KC's WR corps was so bad that they didn't stand a chance of going deep even WITH a good defense and Mahomes. And it was mostly true, although Rice did eventually emerge as a pretty good weapon.

Was anyone saying anything of the sort about Allen's weapons? 

And it's one thing to have inconsistent production....it's another thing entirely to have no feel for the game, consistently run routes poorly, and drop or fumble every other target. Which describes practically every receiver but Rice this year. 

Before Rice emerged, Gabe Davis would have been the clear #1 WR on the Chiefs, and most Bills fans think he's terrible. That says it all. 

KC's tackles were pretty bad too. Much weaker than Buffalo's. 

Edited by SaulGoodman

Let's try a counterfactual: (that means I know this trade would never happen but let's assume that it's on offer)

Mahomes for Allen trade, straight up one for one. You are the Bills' GM, do you do the trade?

Why or why not?

26 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

Let's try a counterfactual: (that means I know this trade would never happen but let's assume that it's on offer)

Mahomes for Allen trade, straight up one for one. You are the Bills' GM, do you do the trade?

Why or why not?

I don't, which I'm sure might get some laughing emojis.

I just think both guys are right for their teams.  I think Allen has a better arm for the winds & conditions in Buffalo, and a tougher running style.  I also think he's just a tougher dude, which suits our city.

Mahomes is great & a good fit for KC.  I wouldn't trade Allen for him straight up.

Mods, I’m begging you to shut this thread down because it’s making my brain hurt.  Have no idea what it is supposed to be about to begin with but it’s devolved into a few Bills fans trying to rebut various asinine points coming from the KC Troll Brothers.  The Bros insist on having the last word so instead of that, please put a stop to the madness. Thanks!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.