Rest in Peace Jon Fadel

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Jon Fadel. We were High School classmates. 

Jon was a kind and gentle soul and he loved his Buffalo Bills!

Jon has been a season ticket holder since the early 80's and was rooting for his team up until his final days. 

The wall in Highmark stadium won't be the same without you Jon,cheering on your Bills!

Rest in Peace Jon Fadel ❤️

FB_IMG_1706193871325.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My dad died in June. This loss was a lot harder because of that. I would have been able to talk about the game with him. He was always a glass-half-full guy when it came to the Bills, so he would have helped put it in perspective. I had to process this on my own, which is the final step in growing up in a way. 

• Sad 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Too many will never us see win the prize but that they were there for the ups and downs as one of us made us "us."

Bills fans are special.

Amen 😪

Just now, Low Positive said:

My dad died in June. This loss was a lot harder because of that. I would have been able to talk about the game with him. He was always a glass-half-full guy when it came to the Bills, so he would have helped put it in perspective. I had to process this on my own, which is the final step in growing up in a way. 

I know the feeling. My Mom passed two years ago. She loved across the street from us and she was the biggest Bills fan I have ever known. I miss our conversations about " Her Bills".

May your Dad Rest in Peace. 

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Jon Fadel. We were High School classmates. 

Jon was a kind and gentle soul and he loved his Buffalo Bills!

Jon has been a season ticket holder since the early 80's and was rooting for his team up until his final days. 

The wall in Highmark stadium won't be the same without you Jon,cheering on your Bills!

Rest in Peace Jon Fadel ❤️

FB_IMG_1706193871325.jpg

May God bless his family and friends.  Sorry for your loss returntoglory.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My mom died in Sept '21 At least she got to see Josh Allen before her memory went. From 86-94 we had seasons. Was my sister, brother-in-law , my mom snd me.  We got to attend the  Super Bowl years.  She was at the comeback game.  I remember her in her 60s  (my age now)  screaming like a  banshee when the torn sdown goalpost  came through our section back in  88(?). Also doing shots of schnapps  that we snuck in after the 51-3 game.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 3

At this point in my life, things like this are the biggest reason why devastating playoff losses really bum me out and leave me in a rough headspace for a few days. So many fans who have been waiting decades just to get one championship who won't be around when it does finally happen.

Very much hope the NFC wins it all this year, particularly the Lions. If not them, it's been thirty years since the 49ers won it, so even that would give some solace to a good chunk of the fanbase who wasn't around in the mid 90s.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Condolences to the OP ..

I feel really sorry for these guys that went their whole life without never seeing a championship…

But then I start to wonder if someone will be saying that about me one day …Im definitely on the clock …

• Sad 1

Was sad to learn about this earlier today, didn't know him personally but I knew of him and his battle as I'm from the Niagara area,  I'm a bit younger but I know people who were friends with him.  Seemed like a great guy and a true Bills fan through and through.

RIP Jon

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I went through this a couple years ago with my own father. I used to sit in the basement and watch Football with him and my brother when I was growing up. Our last game we watched together was "13 seconds". Still doesn't seem real sometimes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.