Matt Milano…

bills6969

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Klein is the worst option to cover Kelce .

Neal, Elam or whoever can cover well Kelce. 

That's why I'm left to wonder if it wouldn't have been a stroke of coaching genius to put Elam on Kelce. I cannot believe that KC would've been anticipating that.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone else wonder what would have happened had the Bills put Elam singled on Kelce all night, just like a spy on the QB?. We've been told Elam is best in man-to-man coverage.

He can be good in coverage, but he also has a propensity for being grabby. I suspect the concern of untimely penalties may have been part of the thrust for keeping him on ice.

Just now, SoMAn said:

He can be good in coverage, but he also has a propensity for being grabby. I suspect the concern of untimely penalties may have been part of the thrust for keeping him on ice.

There was a zero percent chance of Klein holding Kelce since he runs 3 steps slower lol

2 hours ago, RousseauRage said:

Holding the best QB in the game to 27 is pretty good. Got 2 turnovers too. 

The Bills had a 14 minute TOP difference. It had nothing to do with the defense. Mahomes and the KC offense would have scored more if they had the ball more, and they would have continued taking all of the blink of an eye to do it.

2 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Also Benford was a big loss, Rapp was pretty significant too

Oh yeah, I agree.  I put Milano and Bernard under the microscope because the guy that took the MLB snaps wasn’t an nfl player 2 weeks ago.  And now he was starting vs Reid, mahomes and Kelce….and was picked on

Just now, transient said:

The Bills had a 14 minute TOP difference. It had nothing to do with the defense. Mahomes and the KC offense would have scored more if they had the ball more, and they would have continued taking all of the blink of an eye to do it.

Sad but true. We never showed the ability to stop them, not even in the last 2 minutes when we knew they were handing off to Pacheco to run the clock out.

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

We freakin had a guy who was getting his RV ready for a trip to the Florida Keys covering Travis Kelce in the playoffs. I know he knows the system but those plays killed us. 

Dude… all… night… long…

How TF you don’t just play the one guy who’s shown man coverage ability in Elam to cover Kelce the entire game. Taron is capable but someone had to cover Rice and he doesn’t have the length for that matchup.

It was a feel-good story for Pittsburgh but the fact they relied on him for 49 of the 50 defensive snaps is mind boggling for a guy in the situation you stated. 

🤯

5 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Dude… all… night… long…

How TF you don’t just play the one guy who’s shown man coverage ability in Elam to cover Kelce the entire game. Taron is capable but someone had to cover Rice and he doesn’t have the length for that matchup.

It was a feel-good story for Pittsburgh but the fact they relied on him for 49 of the 50 defensive snaps is mind boggling for a guy in the situation you stated. 

🤯

They would have been better off putting Dorian Williams on him, he may have gotten burned a few times, but at least he can run with him. Apparently everyone and their mother, except McDermott, knew before kickoff that Klein would lose that battle every snap.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Milano and Bernard out was basically the reason we lost last night. Klein couldn't stay with Kelce all night. Then add the dbs injured, we didn't stand a chance. Until this organization finds a strategy or better conditioning staff to minimize injuries,  this crap will continue every year.

It's so strange the 180 this team has done over the past few years.  From everyone praising the training/conditioning team to now we have been decimated the past couple years.

If we ever have to be the 'experiment' out of country again we should just forfeit. 

1 minute ago, stosh64 said:

It's so strange the 180 this team has done over the past few years.  From everyone praising the training/conditioning team to now we have been decimated the past couple years.

If we ever have to be the 'experiment' out of country again we should just forfeit. 

And we just built the most state of the art training facility.  Maybe we need to find an old building in downtown Buffalo and put old ass weight equipment in it and have our guys train like Rocky did with Apollo in Rocky III?  Old school, hard *** training.

Just now, transient said:

They would have been better off putting Dorian Williams on him, he may have gotten burned a few times, but at least he can run with him. Apparently everyone and their mother, except McDermott, knew before kickoff that Klein would lose that battle every snap.

One play that cracked me up was a pass to Rice I believe…

Taron passed him off to Klein, Klein didn’t realize and Taron was still the one who ended up tracking him down. 

As for Dorian, agreed. Would have been better. But he also had that lunatic play where he looked to his right, so the WR running towards him but instead of looking back at Mahomes and play the direction the WR was running, he decided hip check him for DPI on a 3rd down 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.