McDermott - Excuses, Valid but concerning

SCBills

14 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

If you play a team 3 times and only force 4 punts total in those playoff games played who is at fault? 

I don't get why some McD supporters aren't seeing the big picture here. Reid and the KC Chiefs straight own the Bills in the playoffs. The Student (McD) will never take down the Master (Reid) here in this case.

Lets try again next year though for the 4th time and see if it changes. 

100 % agree. Let's keep running it back.

Beane and McD built a team to beat the Chiefs. I guess it's a work in progress. Maybe a 5 year plan?

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 total punts forced in the last 4 playoff losses COMBINED. 1 turnover TOTAL (this past game's goal line fumble). Zero sacks TOTAL. 

You mean to say for 4 years in a row when McDermott's defenses barely offered resistance once we got past the Wild Card round but it will somehow be different in year 5?

His defenses have actually been remarkably consistent. Every playoff loss looks almost exactly the same. Zero pressure from the DL, zero turnovers, the other team moving the ball at will. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

All we have done is win since he arrived. He took the Bills to the playoffs prior to Josh arriving while ending the drought. He’s won the AFCE for four straight years. He has the highest winning percentage of ANY coach in franchise history. I don’t like whiney people who constantly need instant gratification. 

You are not wrong about the regular season success but 5-6 in the playoffs. Losing in the divisional round 3 straight years. Instant gratification? He has been here 7 years. SEVEN YEARS with one of the best QB's in the game and still can't get over the hump. Fans have a right to be frustrated at this point. 

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

this team wont win anything with McD.....time for a change.....

We just won the AFCE for the fourth straight year. Pay attention, or hone your language skills. Words matter. 

Just now, Augie said:

We just won the AFCE for the fourth straight year. Pay attention, or hone your language skills. Words matter. 

enjoy your AFCE championships because they dont mean anything without a SB victory, which is all that matters.   you should hone your trolling skills and pay attention to what matters, unless you are happy with AFCE Championships..... 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

All we have done is win since he arrived. He took the Bills to the playoffs prior to Josh arriving while ending the drought. He’s won the AFCE for four straight years. He has the highest winning percentage of ANY coach in franchise history. I don’t like whiney people who constantly need instant gratification. 

A lot of fans have higher expectations than winning the AFC East.  With Allen at QB the AFCE title should have been a gimme over the last few years.  The pats and jest have been basement dwellers and Miami has only offered any real competition and that's only been over the last 2 years.  So, I don't think winning the AFCE has been something to really hang a hat on over the last few years.

Prior to Josh, they backed into the playoffs that year on a fluke play and then blew a huge lead in a typical Billsy fashion.

But, hey, run it back if that's good enough for you.  I don't see anything really changing (except maybe a step back) and a lot of fans have had enough of the same old, same old.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You are not wrong about the regular season success but 5-6 in the playoffs. Losing in the divisional round 3 straight years. Instant gratification? He has been here 7 years. SEVEN YEARS with one of the best QB's in the game and still can't get over the hump. Fans have a right to be frustrated at this point. 

but but but he won AFCE Championship 4 years in a row man, HOF coach right there.......

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

but but but he won AFCE Championship 4 years in a row man, HOF coach right there.......

We will have an AFCE banner raising ceremony at the home opener next year. Who needs a Super Bowl win when you can proudly display your 4-time AFCE championship banner.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Gregg said:

We will have an AFCE banner raising ceremony at the home opener next year. Who needs a Super Bowl win when you can proudly display your 4-time AFCE championship banner.

they will?? Im getting my tickets now.  I live in NC but its worth paying all that money to travel to Buffalo for my first time to celebrate 4 AFCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!   

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Instant gratification? We Bills fans have been more than patient under McD. 

ESPN right now is talking about how they can't believe Poyer and Hyde don't have rings. 

The Bills team has lost 3 straight divisional playoff round games.

McD is 5-6 in the playoffs and dismal past the wild card round. 

All this with Josh Allen. Come on man 

All the regular season wins and AFC East titles are secondary to playoff success. Sure it's a nice consolation prize if you will. Sure it makes regular season football fun to watch. Definitely a plus! If that's your goal then under McD Bills football is more enjoyable and successful. 

If your goal is to see a super bowl and win one then that's a whole different story. I don't think it's unreasonable to question whether McD can led his team to this path. The evidence is getting stronger and stronger that he can't. Just look at his playoff history. 

The Bengals and Burrow own the Bills 

The Chiefs and Mahomes own the Bills.

McD and Beane have had no answers to beat either team come playoff time. News flash! Those teams aren't going anywhere. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

During the press conference, it bothered me when they repeatedly mentioned that if one or two plays had gone our way, we would have won the game. While that statement may hold true, it is also worth noting that if a few plays had gone our way during the 2015 or 2016 seasons, we would have made the playoffs with Rex and he wouldn't have been fired. Similarly, if a few plays had not gone our way in 2017, Allen would have been the only reason we made it to the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Instant gratification? We Bills fans have been more than patient under McD. 

ESPN right now is talking about how they can't believe Poyer and Hyde don't have rings. 

The Bills team has lost 3 straight divisional playoff round games.

McD is 5-6 in the playoffs and dismal past the wild card round. 

All this with Josh Allen. Come on man 

All the regular season wins and AFC East titles are secondary to playoff success. Sure it's a nice consolation prize if you will. Sure it makes regular season football fun to watch. Definitely a plus! If that's your goal then under McD Bills football is more enjoyable and successful. 

If your goal is to see a super bowl and win one then that's a whole different story. I don't think it's unreasonable to question whether McD can led his team to this path. The evidence is getting stronger and stronger that he can't. Just look at his playoff history. 

The Bengals and Burrow own the Bills 

The Chiefs and Mahomes own the Bills.

McD and Beane have had no answers to beat either team come playoff time. News flash! Those teams aren't going anywhere. 

Man, you need to hone your reading skills.  Do you not understand the man won 4 straight AFCE CHAMPIONSHIPS......HOFer right there.......

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

You don’t like him. I’m pretty sure that is a solid start.  

I don't like when my team loses three straight divisional playoff games which the best QB in the planet. What's going to change that trend? 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Definitely a time for celebration. 

Kind of like the Lakers winning the in season tournament championship. Why aren't the fans happy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

how about a fifth AFCE Championship?

It means you’re in the playoffs, have a home game and have a chance. It beats sitting home, which is what we did prior to McD. History has proven that making a change at HC does not guarantee better results. 

I’ll leave you all to your little pity party now. Notice that is it the same few people here going round and round. Most of the sane people are staying away. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, phypon said:

A lot of fans have higher expectations than winning the AFC East.  With Allen at QB the AFCE title should have been a gimme over the last few years.  The pats and jest have been basement dwellers and Miami has only offered any real competition and that's only been over the last 2 years.  So, I don't think winning the AFCE has been something to really hang a hat on over the last few years.

Prior to Josh, they backed into the playoffs that year on a fluke play and then blew a huge lead in a typical Billsy fashion.

But, hey, run it back if that's good enough for you.  I don't see anything really changing (except maybe a step back) and a lot of fans have had enough of the same old, same old.

Well said! 

• Vomit 1

When the Pats had there 20-year dynasty. How many times did they win the division. 15, 16, 17. Without looking it up I bet nobody would know. While it's nice to win the division you know Pats fans only cared about the 6 Super Bowl wins and 9 Super Bowl appearances. They probably don't even think about those AFCE titles for one second.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

On 1/23/2024 at 8:23 AM, Bill from NYC said:

McDermott was given far too much power upon his arrival, power he didn't deserve nor was he ready for. He proved this by trading away the Mahomes pick (#10). He traded all the way back to 27, was undercompensated, and drafted a cornerback. This, on a team in desperate need of a QB and OL. Even after Beane came in the drafts emphasized defense, and I make the case that McDermott is in charge. I have said before that I believe that McDermott has the power to fire Beane. Tell me, who do you think fired our OC and Frazier? Beane? 

And here we are after 7 Seasons.
And  both McDermott and Beane still saying "we have to learn from this".

If  you  believe McDermott will win a super bowl, I have a stadium I want  you to  shovel.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It means you’re in the playoffs, have a home game and have a chance. It beats sitting home, which is what we did prior to McD. History has proven that making a change at HC does not guarantee better results. 

Give it up Augie. You are flopping around like a fish out of water. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, Augie said:

ok, i waited 20+ years for playoffs, guess I should be happy waiting another 20+ for a SB........Glad they didnt think that when firing Rex......A change is needed, McD does not prepare properly for playoff teams, he does not adjust properly. His def is predictable and great teams, the one you have to BEAT in the playoffs, know that and take advantage of it.  Buy if your happy with AFCE Championships thats all you buddy.  Ill be dead not to long from now and AFCE championships done mean ***** to me.......

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

During the press conference, it bothered me when they repeatedly mentioned that if one or two plays had gone our way, we would have won the game. While that statement may hold true, it is also worth noting that if a few plays had gone our way during the 2015 or 2016 seasons, we would have made the playoffs with Rex and he wouldn't have been fired. Similarly, if a few plays had not gone our way in 2017, Allen would have been the only reason we made it to the playoffs.

It's another spin on the whole "It's tough to win" or "You need some bounces to go your way" or "It takes luck".

Yet, in the AFC, New England spent a decade always being a fixture in the Championship Game & Super Bowl.. and now Kansas City has done the same for six straight years. 

So... apparently it takes luck for everyone else.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll leave you all to your little pity party now. Notice that is it the same few people here going round and round. Most of the sane people are staying away. 

Staying away because they have a losing argument. You finally conceded. Wise choice 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

classy statements you make, you insult people because you want your point to be the correct one and when people give you valid reasons you walk away......Enjoy your AFCE CHAMPIONSHIP party all by yourself.....GOOD DAY SIR!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, beer can shower said:

And here we are after 7 Seasons.
And  both McDermott and Beane still saying "we have to learn from this".

If  you  believe McDermott will win a super bowl, I have a stadium I want  you to  shovel.

Do you have any land to sell?

• Vomit 1

Give it up Augie. You are flopping around like a fish out of water. 

Nope, I have nothing but confidence, with a bit of restraint. I won’t tell you what I really think of the folks so set on your viewpoint. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Nope, I have nothing but confidence, with a bit of restraint. I won’t tell you what I really think of the folks so set on your viewpoint. 

Hey, stop crashing our PITY PARTY, go back to your AFCE CHAMPIONSHIP party.....GOOD DAY SIR

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It sounds like you're saying that McD with Josh is the same as Reid without Mahomes. Wasn't Mahomes Reid's missing piece?

This is why the Reid argument is null and void.  There is no similarly at all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

classy statements you make, you insult people because you want your point to be the correct one and when people give you valid reasons you walk away......Enjoy your AFCE CHAMPIONSHIP party all by yourself.....GOOD DAY SIR!

Insult? I pointed out the facts. You didn’t like being wrong. 

I’ve apparently upset a very small group of posters here, and I’m tired of reading the responses. Have a nice day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

This is why the Reid argument is null and void.  There is no similarly at all

Not only that, but with the Reid comparison, wouldn't that mean that McD needs to be fired and have a change of scenery?  That Reid argument is so ridiculous.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Insult? I pointed out the facts. You didn’t like being wrong. 

I’ve apparently upset a very small group of posters here, and I’m tired of reading the responses. Have a nice day. 

go to your AFCE CHAMPIONSHIP party with your buddy DaBillsFan....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Hey, stop crashing our PITY PARTY, go back to your AFCE CHAMPIONSHIP party.....GOOD DAY SIR

It's a party of two. 

DaBillsfan literally offers nothing to the forum. Foolish emojis perhaps. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Vomit 1

It's a party of two. 

Yup, was just going to say that it's him and DaBillsFan vomit troller.  Although, I don't think anyone has ever seen them in the same place at the same time, so....

Vomit incoming from DaBillsFan in 3...2...1...

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

go to your AFCE CHAMPIONSHIP party with your buddy DaBillsFan....

OUCH! That really stings!   😂 

Tell me, who do you replace McD with? Why are they a slam dunk to get better results than the guy with the best winning % in franchise history? Sell me. Please try. Without a solution it’s just more whining. 

Do you realize that it’s the same few posters going round in circles here? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, phypon said:

Yup, was just going to say that it's him and DaBillsFan vomit troller.  Although, I don't think anyone has ever seen them in the same place at the same time, so....

Vomit incoming from DaBillsFan in 3...2...1...

Can I mute or block him? 

• Haha (+1) 1

OUCH! That really stings!   😂 

Tell me, who do you replace McD with? Why are they a slam dunk to get better results than the guy with the best winning % in franchise history? Sell me. Please try. Without a solution it’s just more whining. 

Do you realize that it’s the same few posters going round in circles here? 

I though you were leaving, why do you keep coming back?????

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.