B movies - post your favorites

SinceThe70s

Motel Hell gets my vote featuring the one & only Rory Calhoun as Farmer Vincent and his lovely sidekick Nancy Parsons... we watch that flick at least once a year!

You will forever have the phrase etched in your mind... "it takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters!"

2 hours ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

Motel Hell gets my vote featuring the one & only Rory Calhoun as Farmer Vincent and his lovely sidekick Nancy Parsons... we watch that flick at least once a year!

You will forever have the phrase etched in your mind... "it takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters!"

Wow, I hadn't heard of that movie in ages. I saw it as a double feature at a drive-in along with another movie that I think had Hotel in the name. I can't honestly say IO remember much of Motel Hell - except for people being buried up to their necks?

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Wow, I hadn't heard of that movie in ages. I saw it as a double feature at a drive-in along with another movie that I think had Hotel in the name. I can't honestly say IO remember much of Motel Hell - except for people being buried up to their necks?

Yeah... Farmer Vincent had that post hole auger on the back of his little farm tractor for digging the holes to plant his critters in. They had to cut their vocal chords too so none of the visitors to the factory could hear them screaming.

It was also one of John Ratzenberger's earlier roles... filmed shortly before he became well known as Cliff Clavin on Cheers. Wolfman Jack had a bit part in there too as Brother Billy. I don't think it was initially intended to be a comedy but it's certainly one of the funniest "horror" movies I've ever seen!

On 1/25/2024 at 7:37 AM, RichStadiumGuy said:

Yeah... Farmer Vincent had that post hole auger on the back of his little farm tractor for digging the holes to plant his critters in. They had to cut their vocal chords too so none of the visitors to the factory could hear them screaming.

It was also one of John Ratzenberger's earlier roles... filmed shortly before he became well known as Cliff Clavin on Cheers. Wolfman Jack had a bit part in there too as Brother Billy. I don't think it was initially intended to be a comedy but it's certainly one of the funniest "horror" movies I've ever seen!

Wowsers on Clavin and Wolfman! But I do remember the vocal chord bit - that's my enduring memory of the movie. It was a drive-in double feature. Me and the boys were there for the beers and bongs as much as the movie.

BTW a dormant synapse fired and I'm pretty sure the other movie was Slaughter Hotel. Probably the second feature cuz I have zero recollection of the movie but google says it was a movie.

@Metal Man sharing the Spacehunter trailer reminded me of this one:

Anyone remember this 1954 B movie being played on TV in 3D in the early 80's?   

It was seemingly played on a UHF channel everywhere in the country that summer and locally channel 31 in Rochester was the one broadcasting it.   They ran hype commercial about this on tv for like 2 months prior during the late spring and early summer like it was going to be f*cking amazing.  

Where we were we had to go to the nearest Convenient brand Food Mart to get 3D glasses.  That was like 10 miles downhill from the town we lived in so we took a circuitous route on our bikes to avoid death.   One guy was late for our departure and tried to catch up taking the fastest route and ended up speeding out of control and going off the curb and road-rashing his face off and he was found unconscious in a ditch by a motorist.    His facial features gradually came back over the next couple years but he still has about half an eyebrow missing.   He also went to see Spacehunter in 3D with me.......but I digress....

Anyway, the movie was brutal.   It was the equivalent of Ralphie getting the Orphan Annie decoder ring after all that hype.   But it was a star studded cast and John Landis apparently liked it.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:09 PM, SinceThe70s said:

I always had a soft spot in my heart for low budget movies that exceeded expectations. The other night I introduced my son to one of my faves: Repo Man. Hadn't seen it in years and it still held up - as a B movie. 

Post 'em if you got 'em

just for ***** and giggles, I looked up repo man on rotten tomatoes. It scored a 98%. That’s literally one of the highest I’ve ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1