Should Presidents have absolute immunity for life?

Should Presidents have absolute immunity for life?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Presidents have absolute immunity for life?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Well, JaCrisp - you mysteriously left out your inferences of:

1) Hillary

2) Emails

3) Russia

4) Accusing Obama of killing his Chef (fkn pathetic)

All you do is deflect.

I added those for context, but ultimately answered your question…twice…👍

Edited by JaCrispy

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I added those for context, but ultimately answered your question…twice…👍

Context?

Hillary was never POTUS and Obama wasn’t POTUS when his chef died.

What would conspiracies do without you? 

53 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Context?

Hillary was never POTUS and Obama wasn’t POTUS when his chef died.

What would conspiracies do without you? 

Well, the Hillary hoax was, literally, a conspiracy amongst several actors in the government… obama’s chef dyingin his backyard did happen…whether or not it was a conspiracy remains to be seen…

But that why I said anything is possible- because things that no one ever expects to happen, do happen sometimes…👍

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, the Hillary hoax was, literally, a conspiracy amongst several actors in the government… obama’s chef dyingin his backyard did happen…whether or not it was a conspiracy remains to be seen…

But that why I said anything is possible- because things that no one ever expects to happen, do happen sometimes…👍

Keep spinning! 

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

No, it literally is a conspiracy and remains so because no one is bringing this up except for the right and you can’t prosecute without proof I know they try but it doesn’t work

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

No, it literally is a conspiracy and remains so because no one is bringing this up except for the right and you can’t prosecute without proof I know they try but it doesn’t work

Can’t prosecute when people are being protected by the authorities…

Theres a reason why they didn’t charge Hillary and Biden for crimes regarding documents, yet they have no trouble charging Trump- because people in the Establishment have immunity to commit crimes…

I don’t mind politicians being charged for crimes (they should be), but ALL need to be charged, especially when authorities admitted crimes were committed…👍

Otherwise, people will not agree with the reasons Trump is being charged…And this is why, despite his court troubles, Trump remains the presidential front runner- because people can see through the BS…

It would have destroyed any other candidate, and the Establishment was hoping it destroyed Trump, too…But people are hip to what’s going on, and he will only get stronger, to the dismay of the Left and the Establishment…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Theres a reason why they didn’t charge Hillary and Biden for crimes regarding documents, yet they have no trouble charging Trump- because people in the Establishment have immunity to commit crimes…

I don’t mind politicians being charged for crimes (they should be), but ALL need to be charged, especially when authorities admitted crimes were committed…👍

Otherwise, people will not agree with the reasons Trump is being charged…And this is why, despite his court troubles, Trump remains the presidential front runner- because people can see through the BS…

It would have destroyed any other candidate, and the Establishment was hoping it destroyed Trump, too…But people are hip to what’s going on, and he will only get stronger, to the dismay of the Left and the Establishment…👍

Sounds like more conspiracy

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Sounds like more conspiracy

It is a conspiracy.  Its obvious the democrats are going to an unprecedented effort that stretches the boundaries of ethics and legality by coordinating legal actions through many court battles while running a full court press to keep Trump from returning to the White House.  

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

The reason Hillary, Biden, and Pence weren’t charged but Trump was is because that’s what the law and case law called for given the facts of the cases. 

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night…😉

I think it’s more whatever lets you sleep at night

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It is a conspiracy.  Its obvious the democrats are going to an unprecedented effort that stretches the boundaries of ethics and legality by coordinating legal actions through many court battles while running a full court press to keep Trump from returning to the White House.  

That sounded like it came straight out of Trump’s mouth. Good job.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

The reason Hillary, Biden, and Pence weren’t charged but Trump was is because that’s what the law and case law called for given the facts of the cases. 

Thats not the reason given by the authorities…Remember- the didn’t think a jury would convict because was a forgetful old man…

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it’s more whatever lets you sleep at night

Fine…We both agree it’s a conspiracy 😉

Edited by JaCrispy

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not true, most of the info I got about this came from a Leftist 

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Remember- the didn’t think a jury would convict because was a forgetful old man…

Well, don't forget - the DOJ's own "rules" state that a sitting president cannot be indicted.

Second, he didn't have the goods on Biden (couldn't prove intent) so he smeared him like a good Federalist Society member.

Edited by BillStime

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Well, don't forget - the DOJ own "rules" state that a sitting president cannot be indicted.

Second, he didn't have the goods on Biden (couldn't prove intent) so he smeared him like a good Federalist Society member.

I think Biden smeared himself, by not remembering when he was vice president…👍

20 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Thats not the reason given by the authorities…Remember- the didn’t think a jury would convict because was a forgetful old man…

Not actually what the report said. 

On the plus side, if SCOTUS gives Trump the ruling he wants, Biden can just have him assassinated and then bribe Schumer not to impeach. 

Under Trump’s theory of presidential immunity, there would be nothing anyone could do about it. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Not actually what the report said. 

I’ve given up on any of these actually  reading the material gets put out

If they read the report, they would understand that the report says that they didn’t feel that they had enough to bring charges. It says it right in the report.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’ve given up on any of these actually  reading the material gets put out

If they read the report, they would understand that the report says that they didn’t feel that they had enough to bring charges. It says it right in the report.

Why read primary sources when you can just have dishonest and/or moronic pundits tell you what you want to hear?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

So you think all of these legal actions against Trump are completely independent of each other and examples of connections such as visitor and meeting logs documenting occurrences of GA DA office personnel meeting with WH personnel are mere coincidence?  What do you think they discussed?  Exchanging cookie recipes! 

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So you think all of these legal actions against Trump are completely independent of each other and examples of connections such as visitor and meeting logs documenting occurrences of GA DA office personnel meeting with WH personnel are mere coincidence?  What do you think they discussed?  Exchanging cookie recipes! 

The Dems are so nefarious and controlling that they coordinated a multi-jurisdiction legal attack at Trump by: leading with the worst case, getting the best case stuck with a judge who is in the tank for Trump, waiting for years to move forward so that they would be up against the election, and managing to get each case delayed to a point where Trump likely doesn’t face a jury verdict in a criminal trial before the election. 

Seems like a bad plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Joke knew he had classified documents at least as far back as 2017.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

The Dems are so nefarious and controlling that they coordinated a multi-jurisdiction legal attack at Trump by: leading with the worst case, getting the best case stuck with a judge who is in the tank for Trump, waiting for years to move forward so that they would be up against the election, and managing to get each case delayed to a point where Trump likely doesn’t face a jury verdict in a criminal trial before the election. 

Seems like a bad plan. 

When all your cases suck ass because they're pathetically weak and based on the flimsiest of legal arguments in history it's the best you' can expect. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

When all your cases suck ass because they're pathetically weak and based on the flimsiest of legal arguments in history it's the best you' can expect. 

Are you a lawyer?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Joke knew he had classified documents at least as far back as 2017.

I really would encourage you to read the report where it discusses what evidence they actually have that they can bring to court and why it would ultimately be unsuccessful.

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That's a pretty good description of Trump's arguments, but most of the cases are actually pretty strong. The documents case in particular is about as slam dunk a case as you can find. Literally anyone else would have already plead out because there's very little hope to be acquitted at trial.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, T master said:

No one should be above the law especially the one in charge ! And if there is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt they should go to jail and there are probably a bunch of Ex POTUS that should be in jail truth be told .

And after it's all said & done the one in office now would be having a room built just for him right next to the others, they would have their own wing so they all together could talk about how they screwed the country & it's people over .

I am not saying your wrong. What I wrestle with is that Presidents, who make 1000’s of executive decisions during their time in office, would be very hesitant if they thought every move could be construed as criminal. I almost guarantee every President on both sides, to date, has “bended the laws” to keep us safe or what they thought was in the best interest of our country. It’s a very slippery slope indeed and could set a precedence that leaves all of us vulnerable.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Agree 1