Does Tua Tagovailoa have a "Big Game" problem? (great article)

Logic

If tuas success is dependent on timing, and he is pretty successful (pro bowl and all for what that's worth) then why don't all teams follow the same blue print and run timing routes?  I mean if it make a bad Qb look really good then it should make a really good Qb look generational right?  Josh is awesome yet holds the ball too long much of the time. 

Just turf Tua a bunch of times and things will take of themselves…, 

24 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

If tuas success is dependent on timing, and he is pretty successful (pro bowl and all for what that's worth) then why don't all teams follow the same blue print and run timing routes?  I mean if it make a bad Qb look really good then it should make a really good Qb look generational right?  Josh is awesome yet holds the ball too long much of the time. 

Rhythm passing offenses can obviously be very effective in th NFL ...

But once you get a talented NFL defense that can take you off your rhythm... It doesn't look as good 

When you create an offense based on quick reads and rhythm... Once you force the offense off the 1st or 2nd read it gets discombobulated

Tua has a super quick release and can read a defense very very well... He is not adept at creating plays ... But he can play within a system ... Which is what the dolphins do well 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Rhythm passing offenses can obviously be very effective in th NFL ...

But once you get a talented NFL defense that can take you off your rhythm... It doesn't look as good 

When you create an offense based on quick reads and rhythm... Once you force the offense off the 1st or 2nd read it gets discombobulated

Tua has a super quick release and can read a defense very very well... He is not adept at creating plays ... But he can play within a system ... Which is what the dolphins do well 

Imagine taking josh, who is crazy with the off script and give him that timing to go along with it. I know we've seen it but they tend to go away from it as well. I think of the Rams game last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tua has been bad against the Bills, at least. He has a 1-5 win loss record, and a passer rating of 79.6, with 5 TD's and 6 INT's.

Sean McDermott knows how to deal with him.

And McDermott usually keeps Tyreek Hill in check too, whether when he was with the Chiefs or now with the Dolphins.

And given all the injuries to the Dolphins, I think this is going to be a Bills win. But they play the games for a reason...

• Agree 1

I feel like with both Shanahan and McDaniels have a simple but very effective system and just out talent you 

49ers are a loaded roster, and the same is true in Miami. Neither has a truly great QB 

I do, however, hope Tua gets the Burrow contract 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Other teams don’t have 4.4 speed at like 4 positions at the same time…that quick release business isn’t going for 10-15 yard gains for other teams…they’ve gotta hold the ball longer.  A lot of teams have one fast receiver  but you really would need 2+ to put the defender in conflict as fast as possible 

tua is just taking a snap reading one conflict defender 10 yards down the middle of the field and throwing..  it’s a bit risky against clever defensive coordinators because they start baiting you into stuff and there’s just no time post snap for tua to adjust.  They’re kind of destined to absolutely destroy bad defenses that can’t communicate in the secondary and struggle mightily against good defenses 

The bills rpo/option route heavy offense gives them a lot more opportunity to adapt based on what the defense is doing but there’s also a higher chance people aren’t on the same page 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BRH said:

I think that's a smokescreen.  If he plays and aggravates it to the point where he's not available next week, that would be stupid.

Then again, (1) who knows what secret elixirs they're pumping into players down there, and (2) they were stupid enough to leave Chubb in the game last week.

We're talking about McDaniels here, Waddle will be playing as well as Hill.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.